PDA

View Full Version : dead shocks?

phatfreeza
06-24-2003, 12:36 AM
since i'm fairly new to the scene, what happens when your shocks are "blown" or ... break, i guess is the right word? can you still drive around with broken shocks? just wondering...don't be too harsh... :angel:

02SilverSiHB
06-24-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by phatfreeza
since i'm fairly new to the scene, what happens when your shocks are "blown" or ... break, i guess is the right word? can you still drive around with broken shocks? just wondering...don't be too harsh... :angel:
your car will eventually start to bounce uncontrolably. I assume. As for being able to drive with them, I guess you could, but it would funny shit, seeing you drive and bouncing all over the place. Just imagine if you didn't have any shocks and you were just riding on the springs...."boing boing!"

ephatchback
06-24-2003, 01:38 PM
I think it's accually possible to crack the shock. The gas comes out. You'd think the shock would explode if this happened, but a friend of mine with a 92 hb said when he lowered his car the shock "blew" and shit was dripping out of it.??

02SilverSiHB
06-24-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by ephatchback
I think it's accually possible to crack the shock. The gas comes out. You'd think the shock would explode if this happened, but a friend of mine with a 92 hb said when he lowered his car the shock "blew" and shit was dripping out of it.??
yeah, happened to my 97 civic ex. I was only lowered with pro kit springs at the time.

Cone Killer
06-24-2003, 04:06 PM
Stock shocks are oil, not gas, hence the leaking from a broken or blown shock.

02SilverSiHB
06-24-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Cone Killer
Stock shocks are oil, not gas, hence the leaking from a broken or blown shock.
yeah, he must have been talking about the high pressure sound that it can make when a shock is broken....or drilled into ;)