PDA

View Full Version : ouch! (kinda long)

ephatchback
06-24-2003, 01:32 PM
I have 17" konig verdicts w/40 series tires. I lowered my car so there's about half an inch of gap between my fender and my tire. It feels great normal driving, like stock almost. But when I take corners at speed my struts bottom out BAD! I just bounce all over the place! I'm sure that if I raise my car a little it will stop, but my car's not that low to begin with. Most of the cars I've seen on the site have their cars as low or lower than mine. Anyone having the same problem? I took off the bump stopps when I installed the coilovers, would it help to put them back on? Would some Tokicos fix the problem? I never had this problem on my 98 civic.

hamlet9634
06-24-2003, 01:48 PM
what kind of struts/springs/coilovers do you have?

and if coilovers, how far from the bottom are you?

and if stock shocks.. that's your problem if you have really low aftermarket shocks (like neuspeed race)

02TafWhtSi
06-24-2003, 06:35 PM
It sounds like he's using Groundcontrols - he mentioned he could raise the car if needed.
And yes, if you're on stock shocks that is your problem. Kinda limited in choices right now - Koni has the only replaceable shock kit for the EP - just do a quick search and you'll find pleanty of info ;)

EP33
06-24-2003, 11:28 PM
Here is my suggestion. Install some foam bumpstops. You are not going to get the factory ones back in.

These are cut from the rear, opened up, and installed on the front.

My car bottoms, (soft big ol) butt is much more of a soft bump as opposed to a CRASH.