PDA

View Full Version : EP Brotherhood

LsVtecStolen
06-24-2003, 02:15 PM
Since I don't see many Ep's on the road, I like to consider "Our Hondas'" a Brotherhood. From what I see/read on this board, EP owners are different/level minded and not the typical Civic owners (People who give nasty stares and do "ricer revs")

But lately, I've been thinking otherwise.. I've been seeing a few EPs on the road and being the nice guy that I am, I give them the thumbs up. But all I get in response is the "stares"

All I'm saying is that, I hope us EP owners could be a tight Brotherhood community. Let's not hate on each other.

I appologize for the rant.. and i don't mean to sound "gay", but if you must.. flame away..

mrfixit687
06-24-2003, 02:20 PM
maybe its just where u live =P, i always get thumbs up and highbeams :)

limp_noodle
06-24-2003, 02:22 PM
woa get your flame suit out..

http://forums.thevboard.com/images/smiles/411.gif

that sounded pretty...http://forums.thevboard.com/images/smiles/377.gif

haha j.k

yea I think that you guys should share some sort of bond, the ep guys that is. You all have the same car. be nice to eachother. For instnace if your at a light and want a nice friendly run, roll down your window and ask "do you want to run?" don't be a gay hole and just rev the shit out of your engine. be nice.

SubliminalSi
06-24-2003, 02:31 PM
I dont know about you but i see alot on the roads (more then RSX's) and everytime im next to one i give them a friendly rev and wave and they do the same..people are just nicer in here:o

labelhunter
06-24-2003, 02:36 PM
I am always happy to see someone with an EP. I pull up and wave or a thumbs up and they most of the some give me a nod or stare . So i guess you can tell who's the enthusiest and whos just driving it because they its fun. I dont know but i always say hello when i see one. Even race up to see whos driving and i find that theres alot more people older then me driving . im 23.

tony speed
06-24-2003, 02:40 PM
one time this guy with the exact same stock ep in my colour saw my car and sped up to get beside me or pass me, and i just took off like blue lightening.....man i do stupid stuff sometimes.

IceD out N CALI
06-24-2003, 02:45 PM
in case you havent noticed there are a lot of ep drivers that are not on ephatch, i'm sure one of the ephatch members woulda acknowledged u or what not. keep ur head up;)

Blackapino85
06-24-2003, 04:45 PM
i wave and say hi too. for some reason tho a lot of the drivers i see in my area look close to 30 or even 40 years old. haha even the older peeps love the ep!

03SSMHatch
06-24-2003, 04:48 PM
Ive only meet 1 other EP owner. He's in his 40's bought it as a weekend car. I was just rollin down the road and another silver one rolled up gave me a thumbs up. It was good to at least spot another EP to bad a week later he traded it back into our dealership for a S2000.

furious
06-24-2003, 05:20 PM
The only thumbup I've ever given to is a Integra Type-R, but I have NEVER seen another EP on the road...though I'm afraid when I do...it would likely be an elderly (at which point I would feel quite silly for looking over and checking his/her ride out)..

Brotherhood? Iam wit dat!:D

But only enthusiasts and not 'mere' drivers of EPs...'what? you bought it cuz it cute? get the F outa my way....':p

Type X
06-24-2003, 05:48 PM
i always give a toot to any ep's spotted

very rarely

i was only a dick to ONE ep owner in philly
cause he was a retard telling me his car was chipped and shit
mid convo i just rolled away

LMFAO:angel:

CleanBlackSi02
06-24-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by limp_noodle
woa get your flame suit out..

that sounded pretty...http://forums.thevboard.com/images/smiles/377.gif

Hahaha...that got me laughing out loud.

Brettnyt
06-24-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by mrfixit687
maybe its just where u live =P, i always get thumbs up and highbeams :)

Same with me... :rolleyes: I love it... i am seeing a few driven by older folk tho... they have no idea why I am waving or anything... :(

tony speed
06-25-2003, 08:29 AM
if everyone was forced to watch the civic nation commercial for 1 hour a day on repeat, there'd be no more hating amongst civic owners. Now when I see suped up civics, even rice, i think "yeah, civic nation" and give a thumbs up. haha

rgGolf4
06-25-2003, 12:59 PM
This reminds me of the Dub scene which I left once I got the EP. But, with the ever growing VW (mostly stock) the whole Vdub vibe was somewhat floundering. Although, a modified dubber will cross 8 lanes of traffic to give a thumbs up to another.

Its kinda cool to have a hobby and car that many people do not have. I must say that after I got rid of my VW, I thought the days of a close knit enthusiast community would be over...especially since I was getting a Civic Si. But, it hasn't been like that at all. In fact, the people on here and on the road that I meet have been great, even better than the VW people.

But, sometimes I get a reality check by going to ClubSi, or 7thgencivic. I hate close-minded enthusiasts.

Type X
06-25-2003, 02:42 PM
got a call from a fellow ep hatch member today
took a swing down and got some pix and bullshitted for a few

nice guy

wish there were more ep's in the area :0

here is a quick pic