PDA

View Full Version : I got a story to tell......... long

icegrill
06-24-2003, 08:03 PM
Let me just start out by saying fu@$ Downtown Honda of Spokane. I drive 200 miles to pick up my new silver 03' si to find the car is scratched to shit at delivery(deep non-removeable) and they managed to have scraped the mirror pulling it out of the show room. I was enraged to say the least after the salesman promised me the car was flawless. I wait around 15 minutes for them to try and "buff" out the gouges(at this point I knew the deal was off) They show me the car it looked worse than mine which has been through a 6 months winter and a side repaint. Anyways I said somthing along the lines of "I'm so pissed off I can't even beleive you have the nerve to call this a new car, thanks for wasting my time. Some shop idiot says "we don't live in perfect world" If people could smoke I would have been. The best part of the whole experience was when some complete moron and I mean moron salesman makes the remark dead serious :"tradin' that focus for an si?" the two cars are sitting right next to eachother, I shit you not! But on the positive side just for the hell of it go to Honda/Acura of spokane and are instantly treated like royalty. Most fun I've had at a dealership in my life. I end up with the same deal that I was going to get on the 03' silver for an 03' white with 45 miles. Plus no haggling, it was actually enjoyable. I'm so satisfied right now. I love the white. After seeing silver and white side by side I'm completely in love with white now. Will put pics up tomorrow.

siver-SI
06-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Wow. That is all I can say about that. I would go call up Honda and tell them about this. Something does not seem right with all the damaged cars that they are having.

DyNastySi
06-24-2003, 09:33 PM
When I bought my car the dealer striaght up told me that it was broken into while being on the lot. You could see on the drivers side where they used something to pry the door open. I was prepared to go somewhere else. Just then his supervisor comes out, and gives me a lifetime warranty on the paint:eek: . Along with that he gave me undercoating, fail safe alarm, and paint sealant. Well I had to pay for the sealant. But its all good tho.

Oh yeah the bastards tole my antena...so now im pimpin the one that came off of an S2000...which I hear is lighter than stock so 1/4 times should be down.;)

VBSI
06-24-2003, 11:10 PM
Well, you know what they say-silver is the new white, so you actually are on the trend downside.

IceD out N CALI
06-24-2003, 11:37 PM
wow cant believe he called it a focus. least u got that taken care of

TrippZ
06-25-2003, 09:13 AM
lmao should have clocked the sales man

yeah man that totally sucks though. I found that if you be stern but polite you can get whatever you want (and im only 16.. but im over 200 lbs, so i can probably kick just about every one of the salesman's asses... ;P lol nah, im a pussy)

Type X
06-25-2003, 09:32 AM
White ownZ jooo

EPHatchgirl
06-25-2003, 10:34 AM
You COULD have said, "this isn't a Ford dealership? I thought I was buying a Focus!?":D

Brettnyt
06-25-2003, 10:39 AM
Dayum, remind me not go to Honda of Spokane... dude, that sucks.... what city do you LIVE in... we outta meet up... I saw a white Si this morning down in Redmond.... almost stopped to recruit him, but i didnt have a place to turn into the parking lot :( anyways, atleast things eventually worked out for you... I can't believe what they said to you about bein an imperfect world and all... I say it def deserves a call to Honda, thats just not right...

hamproof
06-25-2003, 11:41 AM
Wait.. you drove an 8 month old Si (I presume 02) to the dealership to pick up a brand new 03 Si??

tony speed
06-25-2003, 11:51 AM
white and black man....my two favourite si colours.

icegrill
06-25-2003, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the replies, I got back home today and had to go straight to work. I'm calling Honda America first thing tomorrow. Hopefully no other customers will endure what I have in these past 8 months, dealing with fucked up silver si's. I'll probably get some compensation out of the call. White is honestly the shit, I looked at the blue and all I have to say is "god damn what was honda thinking" why couldn't they just make red? Only defect I've found in this car is a small dime size indentation in the dash near the top of the driver air vent. But fuck it, No new car is perfect. I've learned this first hand. I'm glad this is the only thing not perfect about the car. All in all with lower financing I lost 2g's in the deal, so call me crazy but thats what X$ drops everyweek on new rims. I just finally feel like I have a new car and thats worth and extra $20 a month for a new car with a cooler and more tricked out key;)

furious
06-26-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by icegrill
White is honestly the shit, I looked at the blue and all I have to say is "god damn what was honda thinking" why couldn't they just make red?

...well, the blue is prolly to keep the loving from the previous gen Sis so it serves some purpose (granted it ain't the same exact color).

I would like to see them in Pink like 2F2F so that more stick-handling chicks would join in wit us:cool: ;) :D