PDA

View Full Version : Interior rattles?

Migs
06-24-2003, 08:57 PM
Anybody have any interior rattles already? I have in my sunroof area only when the roof slider is open. The sound goes away if the slider is closed.

Am I the only one?

DyNastySi
06-24-2003, 09:02 PM
Hmm...I havent gotten that many chances to ride with the roof open, to much rain.:( Def. something im gonna look more into tho. Good looking out.

Migs
06-24-2003, 09:03 PM
The roof doesnt have to be open. Just the slider party.

blackyEP3
06-24-2003, 09:06 PM
I just got a new rattle in my car...........It sounds like at the area behind the driver seat.........speaker area maybe?? I gotta take a look.

I hate taking my car at Honda and getting it rapped by those car jockeys

Migs
06-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Thats exactly where the sound was coming from!!! I called my brother and he told me to shut the sunroof slider and it worked fine. The sound was odd because I was hearing it from my left ear, kind of behind me.

VBSI
06-24-2003, 11:20 PM
I have the sunroof rattle, and I had to stick a scrap of carpet between the glove box and the metal brace beneath the glove box to stop a rattle as well.

IceD out N CALI
06-24-2003, 11:25 PM
i got a rattle under the dash by the defroster vents by the windshield:(

staticflo
06-25-2003, 06:50 AM
i have exactly what you described, im taking it to honda in about ten minutes ill post when i get back and let you know what it was....

blackyEP3
06-25-2003, 05:29 PM
Sounds like we all got the same problem!!!! I guess I'll take my car to the dealer on Saturday to see if they can fix the problem!

Either way, I still don't trust them taking my car without me.

glizard
06-25-2003, 05:39 PM
The rattle is caused by sediment builld up on the metal edge were the sunroof seal comes in contact and ..well seals
If you clean the edge of the metal all the way around w/ a towel or something and then grease the seal w/silicone paste style lube/at honda it's called shin-etsu grease or "shit-su grease" as we call it or at bwm it's called gummi-fledge(spelling?). If you take it to the dealer to fix it have them install the squeak reduction tape to the metal edge as well/ the tape costs about $45.00 a roll but if they do it under warranty the don't charge for it.there is an acura bulletin for the noise so i bet honda has the same one
That noise can be annoying as hell

ep_nezay
06-25-2003, 06:09 PM
welcome y0!;)
Oh, and no, I dont have a rattle in mine.

Spidey
06-25-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
i got a rattle under the dash by the defroster vents by the windshield:(
me too or it sounds like it's coming from around the tweeter area on driver side door.

BlasTech
06-25-2003, 06:26 PM
Kindof a "squiggly" sound?

I fixed mine by opening the sunroof to the vent position, then using a rag with silicone spray on all the rubber.

Depending on conditions the sound comes back as it dries out again and gets dirty, after a month or two. But its easy enough to maintain if you wash the ep regularly (and top off the oil!).

This squeak reduction tape thing sounds interesting though. I'd like to find out more about it.

Tenacious G
06-25-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Spidey

me too or it sounds like it's coming from around the tweeter area on driver side door.

i have a similar rattle, and i'm 99.9% sure it's the driver's side door panel at the very front (underneath the tweeter). and i think one of my rear (right) speakers is loose.

1abSi
06-26-2003, 08:19 AM
i gots shit loads of rattles with my mm inserts in....the exhaust rattles, and a whole bunch of stuff in the dash....

Jester
06-26-2003, 08:34 AM
same rattle in drivers side door somewhere by the tweeter. sounds like something vibrating on the metal over bumps and it drives me fucking nutz!!