PDA

View Full Version : Honda mechanics are so dirty

SiR_d1
06-24-2003, 09:09 PM
I took my car to Honda today for my alignment and camber kit install and when I went to pick it up I found grease all over my door panel. I was able to get the grease off the the rubber but not the wool part. Does anyone have any tips on how to get this stuff off? So far I've tried simple green.

BSEVEER
06-25-2003, 02:29 PM
Get the dealer to clean it, they're the ones that did it!

silver ep
06-25-2003, 02:48 PM
Get the dealer to clean it, they're the ones that did it!

Absolutely right, thats bullshit! BTW how much for the alignment and camber kit install? :)

SiR_d1
06-26-2003, 03:28 PM
i got raped!
$88 for the alignment and $140 for the camber kit install,
this is in Canadian though

Team
06-26-2003, 10:28 PM
of course mechanics are dirty look at there job:rolleyes: , but then again its Honda responsibility to give you the car back in good fashion, and clean up the mess.

SinisterCivicSi
07-01-2003, 11:39 AM
you dam right i would be takin it back to the dealer, it would have never left the lot! thats crazy. the least they can do is wash their hands, thats just inconsiderate and lazy. if they cant get it COMPLETELY out -- make them replace the fabric - bottom line.

soniccar
07-07-2003, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't trust the dirty SOB's to get the stuff off, they might use gasoline or something. Get a brush and some Shout, you know, the spot remover or Resolve Carpet Cleaner. Can use straight Liquid Cheer/Tide if you are cheap. Use a brush, a toothbrush from Dollar Tree will work, and HOT water to scrub the stain. Let it dry over night to fade it. Simple green is ok, too, but if you don't rinse it enough, it will stain green. Buy a can of Scotchguard Fabric protector (Anywhere that sells clothes detergent, red can) and spray the heck out of the door cloth (after it dries, of course), the fabric in the middle of the seat, and the Civic Si logo on the floor mats, if clean (clean it with shout, too). Do it with the windows open. Now when the girls spills the Pepsi in the car, you can say don't worry babe, I'll get that later. And she'll say "can I stain the carpet more later?"

Those F---ers must have been sound deadening a car next to mine because it looked like a pneumatic grease gun went busy all over the side of my car.

bsams
07-07-2003, 08:56 PM
I'm a Cadillac tech and I always wash my hands and wipe the cars down with all purpose before parking. You should always check your car top to bottom after any service is performed. Most techs just dont give a f$%* , your car is no different than any of the other 50 or so cars they get into everyday. You might try buying some cheap seat covers to put on your car if you need service because those plastic wrap covers they put on most always either blow off or get takin off by the techs. In your situation definately take it back and talk to the same service writer you had before. They are the ones responsible for the way your car leaves the lot , and they can talk directly to the techs and or service manager. just some tips for ya!;)

SinisterCivicSi
07-07-2003, 09:14 PM
or you can do what i do, just deal straight with the service mgr! lol

Team
07-08-2003, 10:56 AM
Auto Body people are good people damit..... :(

Edit: Well I guess there are a few bad apples...

Adam