PDA

View Full Version : Midpipe and spoon axel back

4g63dsm
06-25-2003, 01:16 AM
if i got a custom mandrel bent mid pipe and a soppn exhaust would it be obnoxiously loud like on the freeway? i have heard alot of different prices ranging from $50-150 i'm not sure if some of the more inexpensive ones wer crush bent or not. the lack of a resonator would probably make it louder than a brand name catback, so if i used a resonator would that cost me extra? would the stock renoator just be more resticitve and defeat the purpose of the mid pipe? are there after market resontors?
thanks

Suk02Si
06-25-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
if i got a custom mandrel bent mid pipe and a soppn exhaust would it be obnoxiously loud like on the freeway? i have heard alot of different prices ranging from $50-150 i'm not sure if some of the more inexpensive ones wer crush bent or not. the lack of a resonator would probably make it louder than a brand name catback, so if i used a resonator would that cost me extra? would the stock renoator just be more resticitve and defeat the purpose of the mid pipe? are there after market resontors?
thanks

Yeah the stock res will restrict too much. You can use a generic magnaflow muffler as a resonator. Magnaflow has 2.25" straight flow mufflers available.

JDMEP3
06-26-2003, 03:55 PM
I had an base RSX and I had a custom mid-pipe and a spoon N-1 Race exhaust and it was really loud!!!! But don't get me wrong it was a good loud sound:cool:

4g63dsm
06-27-2003, 01:00 AM
was it really annoying like on the freeway?btw what happened to your rsx? also i have a freind that is going on a trip to asia and i was wondering how much cheaper it would be if he bought the exhaust there and brought it back with him

SpOoGeNhAtCh
01-27-2004, 10:21 PM
yea i'd like to know also about that kind of "loud" because im in the process of buying a Spoon N1 also widda Crush bent piping but hey if i got some other cash ill just buy the T1pipe

Chinaboy
01-27-2004, 11:31 PM
wait... spoon makes two mufflers..

Spoon N1
Spoon Street type

I got the spoon street type, and im buying the TR-1 pipe from a group buy... it is not loud... it sounds good... the N1 on the other hand, sounds like a fart can... I dont like it

irrational
01-28-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Chinaboy

Spoon N1
Spoon Street type

I got the spoon street type, and im buying the TR-1 pipe from a group buy... it is not loud... it sounds good... the N1 on the other hand, sounds like a fart can... I dont like it pretty sure they are talking about the N1, most people go with that.

4g63dsm
01-29-2004, 01:28 AM

Spoon N1
Spoon Street type

I got the spoon street type, and im buying the TR-1 pipe from a group buy... it is not loud... it sounds good... the N1 on the other hand, sounds like a fart can... I dont like it damn this post is so old i forgot about it. i have the n1 and its not thaat loud, i still don't have a midpipe though. Fart can? i don't know what exhaust you heard but the n1 is very smooth and provides a great toine that is deep at the low rpms and screams up top when coupled with an intake. imo the street type is ugly and a waster of money. It is more expensive than the n1 and flows less. Either way since flow isn't a big deal with our stock axel back its more about aesthetics. mid pipe is where the power is gained at.

Chinaboy
01-29-2004, 11:50 AM
damn this post is so old i forgot about it. i have the n1 and its not thaat loud, i still don't have a midpipe though. Fart can? i don't know what exhaust you heard but the n1 is very smooth and provides a great toine that is deep at the low rpms and screams up top when coupled with an intake. imo the street type is ugly and a waster of money. It is more expensive than the n1 and flows less. Either way since flow isn't a big deal with our stock axel back its more about aesthetics. mid pipe is where the power is gained at.

I was at the shop before I chose the N1 or the Street Type I heard both and yes the n1 sounds like a fart can... also... goto clubRSX, they got a guy with a N1 on this RSX non type S under their sticky, I think we have it under out sticky too, theres a clip, if that is not a fart can then i donno.... haha its pretty funny, the spoon sport type tip is the signature spoon tip, I donno if that is what you call ugly. Flow is the same buddy, do some research before you post and speak judgment like that... I can have spoon representative tell you that can back me up on this... he's on the board

Flame all you want but I'll tell you this, usually the people who have the Spoon N1 THAT bash the street type because, they don't have extra 300 dollars to spend on the street type, but still got the N1 because they can brag they are "spooned" while the cop on the street chases you down first because you got the most loudest exhaust on the market for EP3... besides APexi

My buddy and most guys here have a N1, I think its a good choice, not for me I guess... I like peoples opinion on things, but I don't like people making blant remarks about crap that juss donno about... its dissapointing that we can't have more intelligent posts, but instead talking shit. There are opinions... then there are opinions that are geared towards people on the board to make a hostile stance.

Midpipes... go to the group buy and get the TR-1... its the best combination for our cars with spooned axelbacks.

If you want, here is it....

N1 is more of a track muffler, no body cars, good flow, tone is loud, not to MACH1 loud, but loud enough that you can hear it inside your cabin all the time. Its more of a exhaust made for track. Tone is still fart can noise, but you can hear the quality of spoon in the muffler as you are ripping it.

Street Type, name says it all. flows the same as the N1, tone is stock under 3K, you can't hear it until you ripp it about it. Very nice smooth tone runs all the way up all gears at full rip, the more civilized street racer exhaust... quite enough to pass the cops as stock, and a very nice tone when ripped.

A intake is a great combination to any of these. and a midpipe is actually where all the power is as 4g63dsm has said, 8-10 HP gain is what I heard, but i donno, once I put in my spoon header... we will kmnow how much along with my spoon axelback, tr-1 bpipe, spoon rsx header, and injen cai...

see ya'll later

4g63dsm
01-29-2004, 09:33 PM
I was at the shop before I chose the N1 or the Street Type I heard both and yes the n1 sounds like a fart can... also... goto clubRSX, they got a guy with a N1 on this RSX non type S under their sticky, I think we have it under out sticky too, theres a clip, if that is not a fart can then i donno.... haha its pretty funny, the spoon sport type tip is the signature spoon tip, I donno if that is what you call ugly. Flow is the same buddy, do some research before you post and speak judgment like that... I can have spoon representative tell you that can back me up on this... he's on the board

Flame all you want but I'll tell you this, usually the people who have the Spoon N1 THAT bash the street type because, they don't have extra 300 dollars to spend on the street type, but still got the N1 because they can brag they are "spooned" while the cop on the street chases you down first because you got the most loudest exhaust on the market for EP3... besides APexi

My buddy and most guys here have a N1, I think its a good choice, not for me I guess... I like peoples opinion on things, but I don't like people making blant remarks about crap that juss donno about... its dissapointing that we can't have more intelligent posts, but instead talking shit. There are opinions... then there are opinions that are geared towards people on the board to make a hostile stance.

Midpipes... go to the group buy and get the TR-1... its the best combination for our cars with spooned axelbacks.

If you want, here is it....

N1 is more of a track muffler, no body cars, good flow, tone is loud, not to MACH1 loud, but loud enough that you can hear it inside your cabin all the time. Its more of a exhaust made for track. Tone is still fart can noise, but you can hear the quality of spoon in the muffler as you are ripping it.

Street Type, name says it all. flows the same as the N1, tone is stock under 3K, you can't hear it until you ripp it about it. Very nice smooth tone runs all the way up all gears at full rip, the more civilized street racer exhaust... quite enough to pass the cops as stock, and a very nice tone when ripped.

A intake is a great combination to any of these. and a midpipe is actually where all the power is as 4g63dsm has said, 8-10 HP gain is what I heard, but i donno, once I put in my spoon header... we will kmnow how much along with my spoon axelback, tr-1 bpipe, spoon rsx header, and injen cai...

see ya'll later http://www.aj-racing.com/spoon-sports/ep3-inex.html First off you need to learn how to type and use grammar correctly."Flow is the same buddy, do some research before you post and speak judgment like that..." "speak judgment" what the F*ck does that mean? If you really want to get technical, if you click on the link i provided and scroll down you'll see that the N1 flows at 139/sec while the street flows 124/sec. As for the comment about people getting the N1 just to say they are "spooned". Why did you get the street type when dynos show that axel backs do nothing for our cars? We share the same muffler with the ctr which supports 200 hp. I am convinced you got the street type for bragging rights. why would you get the spoon header when it doesn't show any remarkable gains over any of the other headers in addition to requiring modification??? hmmmmm... to be able to say " my car has spoon parts"

Chinaboy
01-29-2004, 10:45 PM
http://www.aj-racing.com/spoon-sports/ep3-inex.html First off you need to learn how to type and use grammar correctly."Flow is the same buddy, do some research before you post and speak judgment like that..." "speak judgment" what the F*ck does that mean? If you really want to get technical, if you click on the link i provided and scroll down you'll see that the N1 flows at 139/sec while the street flows 124/sec. As for the comment about people getting the N1 just to say they are "spooned". Why did you get the street type when dynos show that axel backs do nothing for our cars? We share the same muffler with the ctr which supports 200 hp. I am convinced you got the street type for bragging rights. why would you get the spoon header when it doesn't show any remarkable gains over any of the other headers in addition to requiring modification??? hmmmmm... to be able to say " my car has spoon parts"

goto my post on the group buy for the TR1, I got my explaination there... as much as I can see, I can admit I was wrong, but uhhh don't act like an "a piece" please? btw, my grammar is quite bad, i am a chinaman... still fobby after all these years, but its alright. I got the street type because "i" think the N1 was TOOOOO loud... so I heard both, I like the street type. Hope that was not too hard for you to understand... next question. BTW, don't hijack this post, we are here to talk about which exhuast is better from spoon, and if it is loud.

4g63dsm
01-29-2004, 11:23 PM
goto my post on the group buy for the TR1, I got my explaination there... as much as I can see, I can admit I was wrong, but uhhh don't act like an "a piece" please? btw, my grammar is quite bad, i am a chinaman... still fobby after all these years, but its alright. I got the street type because "i" think the N1 was TOOOOO loud... so I heard both, I like the street type. Hope that was not too hard for you to understand... next question. BTW, don't hijack this post, we are here to talk about which exhuast is better from spoon, and if it is loud. "an a piece" haha lol !don't hi jack this post??? this is my post! It has just been brought back after 6 months

Chinaboy
01-29-2004, 11:37 PM
"an a piece" haha lol !don't hi jack this post??? this is my post! It has just been brought back after 6 months

NOW I AM THE TRUE A PIECE!... ok ok i surrender, and this had to had turned to the most wackest stupid post by chinaboy ever... I will admit this fault =D HAHHAHAHAHHAHA

:D