PDA

View Full Version : shocks with lowering springs?

Si_til_i_die
06-25-2003, 11:10 AM
Does anyone know where to get aftermarket shocks for EP civic? Can't find.. I can only find lowering springs but I don't wanna blow my stock shocks

ShowstoppersUSA
06-25-2003, 11:27 AM
There are some Koni shocks out, but they have to be modified to fit. Consider the Tein Basic coilover kit. No modification necessary, adjustable height, and a very smooth ride. It's a little pricey ($915.00 shipped), but definitely worth it.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

Si_til_i_die
06-25-2003, 11:35 AM
cool, thanks... do you think koni will come out with shocks for this car anytime soon? How much do they normally run?

ssvr6
06-25-2003, 11:37 AM
The shocks don't have to be modified, the Si's Strut housings do. These shocks are made for the Si, but there are modifications that have to be made.

Expect to pay about $500 for Koni Yellows shipped.

Steve

Si_til_i_die
06-25-2003, 11:41 AM
damn, that's almost half of the other ones... I think I'll wait til they come out with shocks for my car specifically.

ssvr6
06-25-2003, 11:52 AM
Good luck waiting. Oh, and the Koni yellows are JUST shocks. You'd still need springs. :)

Steve

Si_til_i_die
06-25-2003, 11:58 AM
I think I am going to go with Eibach springs... unless anyone else has another suggestion... I was thinking about neuspeed but I dunno... ???

BlackNRedSi
06-25-2003, 12:09 PM
Steve,

what are the odds of blowing your Stock shocks w/o putting on aftermaret ones?

I am in the same boat as this guy is, i want to lower my car, and put on good shocks, but close to a grand!?

02SilverSiHB
06-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
Steve,

what are the odds of blowing your Stock shocks w/o putting on aftermaret ones?

I am in the same boat as this guy is, i want to lower my car, and put on good shocks, but close to a grand!?
well, you could spend about 700 getting shocks and springs. get the konis for 531 shipped from www.importhorizon.com and get the progress springs from ebay or showstoppers. Then modify the stock struts to make them fit. It's actually really easy. The koni just sits inside the stock housing. That's why you have to cut the front strut. Just insert it and then there is a bolt that you have to put in the bottom to hold it. you only have to cut about 2.2" off the top of the stock strut and use a drill bit to make a hole in the bottom center of the stock strut to use that bolt.

The rear require some minor modification, but doesn't take too long.

You'll end up spending less than the tein basic and still have adjustablity for the shock. If you spend about 100 more you can get skunk2 coilovers from showstoppers and have full adjustability. So max, that would be 850 or so.

TokyoBebop
06-25-2003, 12:30 PM
rotflmao!!!!! Idition, wow that was somrthing new....

And the guy that totally got off topic, Get the basic TEIN. for paying $200 more, you get what you want.

BlackNRedSi
06-25-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by TokyoBebop
rotflmao!!!!! Idition, wow that was somrthing new....

Any the guy that totally got off topic, Get the basic TEIN. for paying a li'l more than $200 you get what you want.

??? What?

TokyoBebop
06-25-2003, 12:41 PM
Te he he he , I was on IM when I was trying to post that one, and my train of thought slipped away, LoL, :D

spoon3168
06-25-2003, 12:57 PM
guys get tein.. don't waste money, get real coilover... u won't regret.. u will regret after u get ur shocks and spring, if u track, auto-x the car

G-J
06-25-2003, 01:30 PM
Well I wasnt told this but Eibach is coming out with a coilover system.

I wasnt told it was going to be called "Pro-Street" Coilovers.

I wasnt told that it would be released very soon.

And I dont have a friend that works at Eibach and I am not sure where this e-mail came from:

=============================================
Garrett,

If you are planning on doing all of that to your suspension and spending that mind of money, I suggest you hold off for a couple more months! Eibach has a FULL COIL-OVER system for the Si coming VERY soon. It is called "Pro-Street", and it is going to be one of the best coil-over setups on the market.

- Censored signature -
=============================================

And you were never told this either :D

iVtec si
06-25-2003, 04:14 PM
thanks for not telling me that info, :D I'm going to look into that.

EP33
06-25-2003, 04:29 PM
If you look at Eibachs most recent ad in the magazines (I think I saw it in SPC or Honda tuning), there is a picture of a coil over system that looks like it would bolt up to our rides. Check it out you'll see.