PDA

View Full Version : New Skunk2 coilovers...

K20ACTR
06-25-2003, 03:54 PM
I bought the Skunk2 coilovers made for the 01+ Civic almost a year ago and for the last couple of months they have really been squeaking and loud sounds have been coming from my suspension so I called up my friend that owns a shop and told him to order me some new ones and I guess Skunk2 redesigned some for the Si. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if they got the new coilovers made specifically for our cars?

i-WERKS
06-26-2003, 09:16 AM
This has been discussed many times. Do a search. I have skunk2 coilovers with the RSX springs and they work great. A search will also tell you how to get rid of the squeaks.

$kraps
06-26-2003, 10:36 AM
Hey man, I got the skunk 2's on my ep made specifically for the 02+ Si and they work fine....i had some major knocking and squeaks for the first few months but come to find out all it was is that they werent seated all the way in the front but other than that i have had no problems since....great coilovers in my opinion.

02SilverSiHB
06-26-2003, 11:46 AM
about the 5th post from the top.
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7153

K20ACTR
06-26-2003, 12:07 PM
Thank you guys for the info.

idrive
06-29-2003, 04:58 PM
the trick is just knowing where to put the grease...
i have the EP specific skunk2 coilovers...
they were creaky and clunky for about 30 mins...
the time it took me to run an errand and buy grease.. :D

where you wanna put the grease is inbetween the very top of the strut and the black plastic thingamajiggy AND between the black plastic thingamajiggy and the metal top spring hat.

ive seen some of you people just slap grease all over the spring and the sleeve and inbetween the spring and the metal spring hat.. all youre doing is making a mess...
where i mentioned above is where the strut rotates when you steer... keep that in mind..