PDA

View Full Version : 03 rsx premium vs. 03 sir

anc325
06-25-2003, 06:28 PM
well i went to the local acura dealer tonite and i found out that the rsx premium is pretty much the same price as the civic sir, now i know youi gys have opinions about this debate, im interested to hear what you all have to say about it, does this car even compare to the sir, what are the benefits and drawbacks of getting an rsx versus a sir...would you guys even cross shop these two cars?

ADAM

all opinions are welcome

SiR Medic
06-25-2003, 06:46 PM
This wasn't a hard decision for me at all!

1/ The SiR has MUCH more utility. A back seat you can actually fit 2 adults in, bigger trunk, and the hatch is just amazing!

2/ The seats! Yes the RSX Premium has those classy leather jobs, but the EP seats are just amazing.

3/ The uniqueness of the SiR cannot be overstated. I see plenty of RSXs everyday, but my SiR is one of the only 2 for miles! The SiR is different... From the dash-mounted shifter to the seats, this puppy is set apart from the "me-too" sport compacts.

4/ If you buy the RSX Premium, you only open yourself to the question: "Why didn't you go full out and get the Type-S?"

Admittedly, the RSX does have sexy lines, 16" wheels standard, and it has the clout of being an Acura. It also has much more aftermarket options, but the EP is picking up steam!

The cars are about equal when it comes to performance.

You are going to get a biased opinion here... But bottom-line... The EP is more practical and more unique.

bryan
06-25-2003, 08:44 PM
I agree with everything SiR Medic said, that's why I bought mine.

andy
06-25-2003, 08:48 PM
Isn't a base RSX like $19K (US)?
Here in the states (I'm assuming you're not in the US), these
Si's can be had from 14K (leftover '02) to 17K fairly easily.
Just something to consider, unless you've got Honda dealers
who won't budge on an Si(R).

Gibhunter
06-25-2003, 09:14 PM
Same price, I'd pick the RSX everyday of the week and twice on Sundays:D
My reasons are:
16" rims with wider tires.
Climate control.
Standard side airbags.
Looks, name, longer warranty, dealer loaner whenever you bring your Acura for service longer than an hour.
And since you're in Canada, something I sorely miss in the winter, heated seats and mirrors. Contrary to what seems to be a popular opinion on this website, the seats are identical save for stiching and surface material.

In US, nowadays, if you can get it for $2000 less than a discounted RSX, then I'd pick the Si.
Here are Si's pluses.
Red stitching in the seats. Type-S intake manifold and a bigger throttle body which give it more potential from mods. More room in the back.

The Civic does have some big minuses though, at least as far as I'm concerned anyways.
1) Shorter warranty.
2) Poor resale value compared to an RSX.
3) Now, I'm not trying to piss you guys off or anything, so don't take it the wrong way. Opinions are just opinions and everyone is entitled to their own. So anyways, here it goes.... When someone asks what you're driving, and I don't mean enthusiats like here, but some girl, your parents, your fiancee's parents, whatever. What would you rather say? Well, one thing for sure, I would rather not say that I'm driving a Civic. Because as close to the RSX as the Si is, it is still after all a Civic and not an Acura. A fact that will haunt you untill after you sell it.

Again, if you can get it for $2000 less than an RSX, then the resale value and shorter warranty are really not a big deal. In some circles (here for example) a Civic name may actually carry more value than an RSX, so my big minuses might not matter at all to you. But if the price is the same, I still would pick the RSX, for all the reasons I mentioned above.

Ps. I am biased. After all, I do drive an RSX.;)

!@#$%
06-25-2003, 11:24 PM
i bought the ep

3K less than the rsx (price i got it for)
cool seats, rsx leather feels fake.
lots of room.
pretty quick, fun to drive.

There have been a few times when i see a base rsx on the road and think that I could be driving that right now.....but the civic just fits me. I think of acura (as much as I adore them) and I think yuppie. I envision old people. :)

RMC22
06-25-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Gibhunter

3) Now, I'm not trying to piss you guys off or anything, so don't take it the wrong way. Opinions are just opinions and everyone is entitled to their own. So anyways, here it goes.... When someone asks what you're driving, and I don't mean enthusiats like here, but some girl, your parents, your fiancee's parents, whatever. What would you rather say? Well, one thing for sure, I would rather not say that I'm driving a Civic. Because as close to the RSX as the Si is, it is still after all a Civic and not an Acura. A fact that will haunt you untill after you sell it.

Again, if you can get it for $2000 less than an RSX, then the resale value and shorter warranty are really not a big deal. In some circles (here for example) a Civic name may actually carry more value than an RSX, so my big minuses might not matter at all to you. But if the price is the same, I still would pick the RSX, for all the reasons I mentioned above.

WTF are you talking about? The only people that will give you more prestige that you drive a 160 hp RSX over a 160 hp civic are the ignorant fucks who don't know their left from right when it comes to imports. A Honda is a Honda is a Honda. I tell you what I would rather not say.. that I drive the girly RSX. Go Type S or go home. Base sux ballz. Seriously, trade in your car for the auto base, and go some place else if you are going to have a snobby attitude because you have a damn Acura badge. Be a man and put a JDM Honda badge on it. And yes, I admit.. the k20a3 sucks. But the more I mod it, the more I like it.

furious
06-26-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by RMC22

WTF are you talking about? The only people that will give you more prestige that you drive a 160 hp RSX over a 160 hp civic are the ignorant fucks who don't know their left from right when it comes to imports. A Honda is a Honda is a Honda. I tell you what I would rather not say.. that I drive the girly RSX. Go Type S or go home. Base sux ballz. Seriously, trade in your car for the auto base, and go some place else if you are going to have a snobby attitude because you have a damn Acura badge. Be a man and put a JDM Honda badge on it. And yes, I admit.. the k20a3 sucks. But the more I mod it, the more I like it.

YEAH...let him have it!!;)

to Gibhunter,

When a Type-S rolls up next to ya...when your chick is in the passenger side..."..WHAT YOU GONNA DOOO.....you're a FOOL...":D Just pretend to shuffle some CDs at the lights so an IDENTICAL car (in her eyes) don't whoop yur ass. Or you'll be trying to explain to her, "...but, but baby...that is the special edition top-of-the-line shitz..." (Be prepared to feel shame):o

j/k...since you own an Acura, I would consider you a bro, but with the "I got an Acura NOT Honda and DEFINATELY NOT Civic attitude..." you can just be the bastard child that no one wants to claim:'(

Now, if you'll excuse me....I gots to ride my Civic (you know, the cheap shitz):p

EP3_DC5
06-26-2003, 05:51 AM
um........if you can get the RSX for the SAME money as the Si, then get the RSX. If there is an over $2K USD difference then don't bother. A few of my friends have Base RSX and they are good cars, very solid, and they feel a little better than the Si. But there is just something unique about the Si that attracts me to it more so than the Base RSX. If it were between the Type S and the Si.....that's a no brainer, but between the Base and the Si, it's a very close call. Depends if you like leather, a better interior, better warranty, what seems to me like a better suspension (I've driven both and found the RSX suspension and the car itself just to feel more solid). The RSX is a better car, but for the price that you can get the civics these days, their value/content is very hard to beat. Don't get me wrong here, I love the Si, but IMO the RSX is just a better automobile ( I would still prolly get the Si though) hehehe.

EP3_DC5
06-26-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by furious

YEAH...let him have it!!;)

to Gibhunter,

When a Type-S rolls up next to ya...when your chick is in the passenger side..."..WHAT YOU GONNA DOOO.....you're a FOOL...":D Just pretend to shuffle some CDs at the lights so an IDENTICAL car (in her eyes) don't whoop yur ass. Or you'll be trying to explain to her, "...but, but baby...that is the special edition top-of-the-line shitz..." (Be prepared to feel shame):o

j/k...since you own an Acura, I would consider you a bro, but with the "I got an Acura NOT Honda and DEFINATELY NOT Civic attitude..." you can just be the bastard child that no one wants to claim:'(

Now, if you'll excuse me....I gots to ride my Civic (you know, the cheap shitz):p

lol, same thing would happen to your Si though. I do agree that people that drive Acuras (like myself) have to understand that it's still just a Honda!!!

crispytreat
06-26-2003, 06:55 AM
This is a tough one for me, I have an 02 Si and my wife has an 03 RSX-S. I have not been in a RSX base for a comparison. I like both cars, but if I had to pick I would go with the Si. I like the uniqueness of it. I see RSX's all the time.

Gibhunter
06-26-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by RMC22
The only people that will give you more prestige that you drive a 160 hp RSX over a 160 hp civic are the ignorant fucks who don't know their left from right when it comes to imports.

You mean 90% of American public?

tony speed
06-26-2003, 07:20 AM

You mean 90% of American public?

95.7% to be exact

SiR Medic
06-26-2003, 07:36 AM
BTW, Gibhunter...

The Canadian SiR has heated mirrors!;)

Bottom line... When I see a RSX base or Premium, I think "Chick Car!" Just like when I see a Camaro or Mustang without the V-8.

I just can't see why someone would sacrifice all that extra usefulness of a hatchback design just for the sake of an Acura nameplate.

As far as using the car as a method to pick up girls... GROW UP! Any girl who places that much of a emphasis on the car you drive is obviously superficial and not worth your time!

Besides, if you really want to pick up chicks with your car... Buy a powder blue Beetle convertible!

http://homepage.mac.com/howheels/rubpics/BubbRubbBeetle.jpg

;)

Dunrick
06-26-2003, 07:39 AM
I think of it this way, your going to replace everything that the rsx-s comes with nicer stock anyways....might as well go cheaper. Plus the factor that its rare is a +

Also rSx-s aren't like some premium car, they are just 23k msrp

If you want street credit and are affraid to wear the civic badge proudly --- dont stick your nose up too high, cause the M3's and C5's and 911's and the STI/EVO's out there have a lot more "street cred" than the Rsx-S.

btw who cares what people think what kinda car you drive

"its not what you own, its how you mod it"

Gibhunter
06-26-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
The Canadian SiR has heated mirrors!;)

Bastards!;)

As far as using the car as a method to pick up girls... GROW UP! Any girl who places that much of a emphasis on the car you drive is obviously superficial and not worth your time!

I'm 27 and married. I was just providing you with an example. My wife and her borther hate Hondas and especially the Civics (coupes and sedans as they say there is way too many of them out there). When I tell tham that I'm basically driving a rebadged Honda, they say, I don't care. It says Acura on your car. It doesn't say Honda...and that is true for 90% of people out there.

As for thinking it's a chick car. Well, so is the Celica, the Mustang (originally marketed to women), Golf, etc. I really pay no mind to it. Last time I checked chicks usually don't drive cars equipped with manual transmission;)

But like I said previously, if you can get a good deal on the Si, then by all means get that. Heck, if I was buying my car in 2002 instead of 2001 and had a chance to get the Si for $15K, I'd jump right on it no questions asked! If both cost the same though, then my choice is the RSX.

!@#$%
06-26-2003, 11:17 AM
if i had an extra 3 grand at signing....I would be driving a type s right now, but I'm happy with my si and am glad I didn't pay that much on a car. (not at this point in my life) The si is a PERFECT college car. Look at it this way, the si has almost no bodylines so when u get a door ding you can just have it popped out. :D no problems.

If I were to go buy a base rsx the same time i went to get the si, I would have probably ended up paying a Type s price due to a small rollover I had on my trade in. The jump from an LX automatic to Si 5sp was worth that extra hit. I'd do it again if given the chance.

I have to respect the RSX. (nice car) I NEVER see any ep's but then again I don't see too many rsx's to be honest.

blueiedgod
06-26-2003, 11:54 AM
It is funny you should mention that, after all we are driving Civics. When I tell people that I drive a Civic, they don't think a minute. Then when we go out to my car and they get inside, and then they ask, "what car is this?" And I tell them "It's a Civic", they have to go out and look at the name badge. Most often I get, "I've never seen one like this", "What is this!!!!??" pointing to the shifter, or "I love the metallic!" pointing to the silver radio/climate controls besel. The back seat passengers usually comment on the roominess, and the fornt passenger comments on the seats. Only one person asked if that was a new Oddysey, lol.

I never driven an RSX, but sat in one at the NY auto show in 2000, it felt like a bucket for some reason. I felt like i was sitting way too low to see over the dash. It may have been a pre-production one, but it was not a very airy feel I usually get from being in a Honda.

As far as the prestige of "Acura" name plate, the rest of the world does not get Acura at all. They just have Honda Integra, and Honda Legend, what would be RSX and TL here. Besides, Acura, for some reason is not as prestigious as Lexus and BMW. I think because even though it is a luxury brand, it is still affordable, and traces allot of its model line up to poor man's Honda.

JDMEP3
06-26-2003, 12:38 PM
I have had both and I like the SiR WAY MORE!
You can do a whole lot more in it and they are more rare.:cool:

Tekdemon
06-26-2003, 12:43 PM
heh nobody here knows this but my mother actually wanted me to buy an RSX...which kinda made me not want it =P

Anyway the real reason I wanted the Si is probably for it's utility AND sportiness combined as one...the RSX just isn't very practical!

That said, the Hondata for the RSX base does wonders =P

Gibhunter
06-26-2003, 01:16 PM
For some reason, you guys tend to think that there isn't much space in the RSX. That's not true. With the seat folded and trunk cover loosened (does not have to be removed), you can actually fit a whole shitload of stuff in there. True, it has a bit less headroom in the back and the seats are styled like a couple of bucket seats, but there is more space in there than for example in the older eclipses or Celicas. I know becasue I've sat in the back of both cars as well as in the back of the RSX. Also don't forget that the RSX's driver's seat is height adjustable and has adjustable lumbar support.

Gibhunter
06-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Tekdemon
heh nobody here knows this but my mother actually wanted me to buy an RSX...which kinda made me not want it =P

Anyway the real reason I wanted the Si is probably for it's utility AND sportiness combined as one...the RSX just isn't very practical!

That said, the Hondata for the RSX base does wonders =P

I think it helps both vehicles allot, but I believe it helps Si even more. Probably due to SI's Type-S intake manifold and larger throttle body. Our redline is limited to 7300RPM with Hondata while Si's is at 7800RPM. Still 1/4 mile times are really similar with both vehicles.

n8s si
06-26-2003, 02:23 PM
I like my car most b/c of the exclusivity of it. You never see them on the roads here & i think thats cool. As far as the rsx... well i drove the type s & loved it. Unfortunately the auto insurance on those is a frickin joke. That shot the whole thing down for me & i got the Si. As far as the interior being better on the rsx... NO WAY! all it is is a fancy civic coupe interior. Ours is original (ala-nothing like it) & by far rivals interiors of far more expensive cars when it comes to looks and quality.
btw... the seats are NOT the same in either car. The seats are far more bolstered on the bottom in the si.

RMC22
06-26-2003, 02:53 PM
\With the seat folded and trunk cover loosened (does not have to be removed), you can actually fit a whole shitload of stuff in there. \

What, like a whole pizza?
And for your ignorant friends that you tell you basically drive a rebadged Honda, why don't you be a little more straight forward and tell them that you DO drive a rebadged Honda. Ha, your friends and family got snob appeal. :cool:

anc325
06-26-2003, 03:10 PM
thanks for all the input guys keep the opinions coming, i like the fact that the sir is a top model car, but the rsx does seem to have a bit more of luxury attached to it, and yes i do personally think that the looks of the rsx are better, the sir's more unique, but much more controversial. my brothers first impression was that it looked like a shrunken oddesy which i think someone already mentioned in an above post, hwo do they compare in 0-60 times, i have seen the sir's time as low as 7.5, only once though...anyone ahve any data on that?

ADAM

RMC22
06-26-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by anc325
and yes i do personally think that the looks of the rsx are better, the sir's more unique, but much more controversial. my brothers first impression was that it looked like a shrunken oddesy which i think someone already mentioned in an above post,

Then buy a civic coupe, OR get the best of both worlds (and better) and get 6th gen SI. Plus, RSXs are played out.

EP3_DC5
06-26-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by n8s si
I like my car most b/c of the exclusivity of it. You never see them on the roads here & i think thats cool. As far as the rsx... well i drove the type s & loved it. Unfortunately the auto insurance on those is a frickin joke. That shot the whole thing down for me & i got the Si. As far as the interior being better on the rsx... NO WAY! all it is is a fancy civic coupe interior. Ours is original (ala-nothing like it) & by far rivals interiors of far more expensive cars when it comes to looks and quality.
btw... the seats are NOT the same in either car. The seats are far more bolstered on the bottom in the si.

The RSX interior is better then that of the Civic. The materials used are of a better grade (nicer to touch and look at) more features, better seats (more adjustments), climate control, better lighting, just more upscale. The Si HVAC controls are the SAME as the Civic coupe and sedans, as in IDENTICAL, the only thing different is the shifter location. They both do however have innovative interiors, nice in their own way.
For a comparison close the doors on an Si and then on an RSX and I guarantee you will see what I mean when I say the RSX is more solid.
It's things like this that merit the extra price tag. To some people it's important, however to others it's not. Like I said, if the Si came with the K20A2 and a six speed, I would strongly consider trading it in for it.

RMC22
06-26-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by EP3_DC5

For a comparison close the doors on an Si and then on an RSX and I guarantee you will see what I mean when I say the RSX is more solid.

...And then open the door. Feel it bend?

EP3_DC5
06-26-2003, 03:53 PM
thanks for all the input guys keep the opinions coming, i like the fact that the sir is a top model car, but the rsx does seem to have a bit more of luxury attached to it, and yes i do personally think that the looks of the rsx are better, the sir's more unique, but much more controversial. my brothers first impression was that it looked like a shrunken oddesy which i think someone already mentioned in an above post, hwo do they compare in 0-60 times, i have seen the sir's time as low as 7.5, only once though...anyone ahve any data on that?

ADAM

You will be happier with the RSX as it sounds..... if you like the looks of it better, and it drives and feels more solid as well, then just buy it.
0-60 times are around the same for both. Most of the time are between 7.6 - 8.0 I've never seen one higher than 8 secs for either car. 1/4 mile times are around 15.6 it seems for decent drivers. Once again, you'll enjoy getting to 60 more in the RSX though.

anc325
06-26-2003, 04:06 PM
i do think however that both cars could use some seriously lower suspension, is it just me r do both cars in stock form look about two inches two high all around?

i know that both cars could seriously benefit form some wheel and tire upgrades as well as some suspension work, and what abou ttrunk size, it seemed to me that the sir had a smaller trunk depth wise but much talled ue to the more traditional hatch back formation but i would not say that teh rsx's trunk is small by any means, my dual 12" sub box will fit in there with room to spare, im not sure if i can say the same about the civic?

ADAM

EP3_DC5
06-26-2003, 05:20 PM
i do think however that both cars could use some seriously lower suspension, is it just me r do both cars in stock form look about two inches two high all around?

i know that both cars could seriously benefit form some wheel and tire upgrades as well as some suspension work, and what abou ttrunk size, it seemed to me that the sir had a smaller trunk depth wise but much talled ue to the more traditional hatch back formation but i would not say that teh rsx's trunk is small by any means, my dual 12" sub box will fit in there with room to spare, im not sure if i can say the same about the civic?

ADAM

I actually find the RSX trunk to be more useable than the Si because of the length and width....... There is a bunch of room with either car with the seats folded down. To whoever says that the RSX has a small interior is mistaken, as the RSX and Civic Si have almost same dimensions, except for headroom.

SiR Medic
06-27-2003, 03:46 AM
Seems to me you have to ask yourself these questions...

1/ Do I have more than 1 friend who rides along with me?

2/ Do I transport larger item like bikes, tables, etc.

3/ Do I like to be unique?

4/ Do I want a more prestigious brand name?

5/ Do I want more aftermarket support?

6/ Do I want to drive a more attractive car, even though there is plenty of them around?

If you said "yes" to 2 or more of the first 3 questions, get the SiR, if you said yes to 2 or more of the last 3 questions, get the RSX.

BlackNRedSi
06-29-2003, 05:11 PM
My opinion

RSX-S or no RSX @ all...

why spend the extra loot...

you can take that extra loot you are going to blow on the RSX and use it for mod parts on the Si and make it sick looking...

Now if its a RSX-S, now thats a whole other can of worms you just opened...

cvl
06-29-2003, 05:32 PM
I'm going through this right now, but I'm deciding between the RSX-S and the Si.

The RSX-S is $5000 more than the Si.

I actually prefer the Si's looks because it's a lower profile car. It will get less looks from cops, thieves, everyone.

I prefer the size and shape of the Si interior. It has a larger hatch opening for larger boxes, while having more head and legroom for back seat passengers.

The engine and transmission in the RSX-S are much, much nicer than the Si.

The Si feels more manuverable with it's shorter length and much smaller turning radius.

I know that most of these things aren't terribly important to many enthusiasts, but it's going to be my only car for the next few years. The money isn't that big of a deal to me, but I actually think that I'll enjoy the Si more. I'm going to try and locate a black one with SSRS.

Papa Bear
06-29-2003, 06:03 PM
I had the same decision to make between the base RSX and the SIR. I decided on the Si because I got a great deal on it and found that it was a little more fun to drive because of the lower refinement level. I test drove both and found the Acura to be the car for very frequent long trips and it had a more luxurious feel all around, in the Honda on the other hand I was having more fun behind the wheel. Both sets of tires absolutely sucked though! I have used the money I saved to mod the car and I've never regretted it. Stock base RSXs are everywhere but modded ep's are very rare. I get tons of comments on my car and I have never once regretted the choice I made. It is certainly a safe choice to have to make though. Both are great cars suited to slightly different personalities behind the wheel IMO. And it is quite sad to choose a vehicle on something as shallow as "brand image". You are not your khakis!!;)

SmoothOperator
06-29-2003, 06:26 PM
I know the hardcore AutoXers prefer the EP, cause it has a shorter turning radius. Apparently the RSX makes WIDE ass turns.

JLannoo
06-29-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic

I agree.

Most girls dont give a rats ass what you drive anyways...as long as it isnt on fire.

stephen
06-30-2003, 10:10 AM

why didn't you get the type-S?

hamsup
06-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Reading this thread is hilarious !!! so i know everyone is going to hate me like gibhunter.. cuz i too drive a 5spd RSX premium.

Why did i get a RSX over an EP3... I think the RSX looked nicer.. the RSX came out before the EP3.

Regarding the comment.. a honda is a honda.. yes i have the full JDM honda badging on my car... but Gibhunter was right though... if someone older asked you what you drive... i would rather say an Acura RSX than a honda civic. it just sounds better... and in terms of a car ethusiast.. it doesn't matter... it really depends on what is under the hood !!! who cares about the stock body.. or the stock engine !!!

doing recent reserach on the EP3.. i must admit.. i wished honda didn't go cheap on the RSX.. i wished that i had the Type S throttle body and intake manifold.

What do i do when a type S pulls up to me... hm.... if it is a stock S.. i am actually pretty close to it on a red light encounter... having a ground wire kit, AEM V2, Comptech Headers, Magnaflow catback, and a buddy club racing spec computer... i am actually running pretty close.. probably may win after i get my motor mounts installed in a few weeks....

the RSX really does have shitty leather seats... i rather have cloth seats.. actually i would love to have the 04 CTR seats !!! those are so nice !! alot nicer than the DC5R seats IMO.

The Ep3 interior looks nice too... looks very futuristic and NEW... but i am getting older.. I just wanted something a bit more subtle.

Flame away.. cuz i know i will !!! you guys need to be able to show luv for all cars.. not just the EP3... i've seen some done up EP3s.. and i say to myself.. damn... that's PIMPED !!! wish my car looked like that.... =)

SubliminalSi
06-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by hamsup
Reading this thread is hilarious !!! so i know everyone is going to hate me like gibhunter.. cuz i too drive a 5spd RSX premium.

Why did i get a RSX over an EP3... I think the RSX looked nicer.. the RSX came out before the EP3.

Regarding the comment.. a honda is a honda.. yes i have the full JDM honda badging on my car... but Gibhunter was right though... if someone older asked you what you drive... i would rather say an Acura RSX than a honda civic. it just sounds better... and in terms of a car ethusiast.. it doesn't matter... it really depends on what is under the hood !!! who cares about the stock body.. or the stock engine !!!

doing recent reserach on the EP3.. i must admit.. i wished honda didn't go cheap on the RSX.. i wished that i had the Type S throttle body and intake manifold.

What do i do when a type S pulls up to me... hm.... if it is a stock S.. i am actually pretty close to it on a red light encounter... having a ground wire kit, AEM V2, Comptech Headers, Magnaflow catback, and a buddy club racing spec computer... i am actually running pretty close.. probably may win after i get my motor mounts installed in a few weeks....

the RSX really does have shitty leather seats... i rather have cloth seats.. actually i would love to have the 04 CTR seats !!! those are so nice !! alot nicer than the DC5R seats IMO.

The Ep3 interior looks nice too... looks very futuristic and NEW... but i am getting older.. I just wanted something a bit more subtle.

Flame away.. cuz i know i will !!! you guys need to be able to show luv for all cars.. not just the EP3... i've seen some done up EP3s.. and i say to myself.. damn... that's PIMPED !!! wish my car looked like that.... =)
Im not going to flame you. You have different taste then most the people on this board. Thats probably why honda made both, for everyone will be happy. :D

perfectg
06-16-2004, 03:12 PM
I agree with Hamsup. Bith vehicles are Honda's. Some prefer the RSX, others prefer the SIR. Can;t we all just get along! We all have the K series motors!

My car will eat a Type S, once the last few mods are done! Buahahahah, and I drive a 5sp premium RSX

cdr127
06-16-2004, 03:12 PM
I would only buy the type-s I would hate to pull up next to a car that is stock same make and model and faster than mine.
The rsx-s is a sweet car thought. I would have bought it if I could afford it.

hamsup
06-16-2004, 03:22 PM
that is not a good come back... so if you saved some money and bought a MB S430 ... it's pimped.. but you pull up to an AMG S55 or a S600... would you be ashamed of your car ????

perfectg
06-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by hamsup
that is not a good come back... so if you saved some money and bought a MB S430 ... it's pimped.. but you pull up to an AMG S55 or a S600... would you be ashamed of your car ????

bwahahahha

03silverEP
06-16-2004, 03:44 PM
if you can get the RSX or SI for the same price get the RSX it's a more refined car and it looks better, unless you need the extra space. But you prob. could find an SI cheaper than an RSX that's why I have an SI $$.

Mickey
06-16-2004, 08:17 PM
This is EPHATCH.COM, Specially created for EP3.
There is K-Series.com for all k series engine. Kinda hard to argue with the members here because all owns one.
If I were to choose between SI and RSX. I will go for the SI anytime. I will just get an EVO or STI than getting RSX-S.

k20whiteboi269
06-16-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by furious

haha that is funny....

04rider
06-16-2004, 09:36 PM
Haha, this thread is like a year old.:eek:

speedking604
06-16-2004, 11:17 PM
one of my co-worker just bought a vr6 hatchback. the first time i saw his car i ask him,,, how much you bought your car? and he said 30000 canadian. i said that's good deal and he ask me if i have a car, i said yes (he doesn't know i have a car coz i walk 5 minutes from my house to work) he ask what kind of car??? i said 2002 civic, she said oooohhhh. he sounds like my car is cheap coz it's a civic. but then one of my friend who have seen my car said, his car is very nice and clean.it's unique. he start saying that his car got 200+++ hp and got 17 inch and leather with sunroof. my friend at work said, if you see his car (my car) you will be impress. your car ( the vr6 ) is very ugly compare to his car (my ep). he was so piss when my friend at work said that to him.

after work,,, i was off 30 minutes early than him, i brought my car to work and park it beside his car and show it to him. i ask him if she wants to race since his car got lots of hp (200++ HP) and it's only 2 w1 week old. he said never mind, you will burn me. he said,,,just by looking your car, i know i will never win. he said, that's the nicesiest civic i've seen!!!!

tony speed
06-17-2004, 07:55 AM
i don't think the rsx looks better. it only looks better if you have a body kit or like that cookie-cutter sports car look.

Dunrick
06-17-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by speedking604
one of my co-worker just bought a vr6 hatchback. the first time i saw his car i ask him,,, how much you bought your car? and he said 30000 canadian. i said that's good deal and he ask me if i have a car, i said yes (he doesn't know i have a car coz i walk 5 minutes from my house to work) he ask what kind of car??? i said 2002 civic, she said oooohhhh. he sounds like my car is cheap coz it's a civic. but then one of my friend who have seen my car said, his car is very nice and clean.it's unique. he start saying that his car got 200+++ hp and got 17 inch and leather with sunroof. my friend at work said, if you see his car (my car) you will be impress. your car ( the vr6 ) is very ugly compare to his car (my ep). he was so piss when my friend at work said that to him.

after work,,, i was off 30 minutes early than him, i brought my car to work and park it beside his car and show it to him. i ask him if she wants to race since his car got lots of hp (200++ HP) and it's only 2 w1 week old. he said never mind, you will burn me. he said,,,just by looking your car, i know i will never win. he said, that's the nicesiest civic i've seen!!!!

Good thing he backed down, cause his car will smoke you in a straight-line - unless u got i/h/e/hondata/good tires/motor mounts

graham
06-17-2004, 10:23 AM
I'm assuming you are in Canada??? Please update your location (original poster).

You US folk may not know this, but in Canada we have three trim levels for the RSX.
- RSX-S (same as US RSX-S)
- RSX premium (same as US RSX)
- RSX base.

The base has cloth seats, no moonroof, no cruise, 15" steel rims with wheels covers (and some other annnoying differences). www.acura.ca if you are really interested in the details.

The MSRP on the base RSX is C$24,400, compared to the MSRP of the SiR which is C$25,500. Of course we all know that the dealer will deal on the Civic, because no-one is buying them for $25,500.

- RSX base is 116 lbs lighter (1197kg versus 1249kg)
- RSX has more cargo volume (504L versus 445L)
- SiR has better rear headroom (duh)
- SiR has a nicer interior
- SiR has a moonroof
- RSX comes with really shitty tires (but the SiR is not that much better - at least it has nice rims).
- SiR feels quicker (shorter final drive).

I've driven both ... what would I do? I definately would not buy either new ... you can get both the SiR & base RSX used for a steal now (C$18K).

So my advice? Buy what you want, but buy it used. For the same money, you get more with the SiR, so that's where I went. If you want to spend more than $20K, buy a Type-S.

Good Luck!

Graham

CaTiRo
06-21-2004, 07:07 AM
around here both the rsx and the ep are rare. is it really a driver's race between the base rsx and the ep?

freidaddy
06-21-2004, 08:44 AM
around here both the rsx and the ep are rare. is it really a driver's race between the base rsx and the ep?

I've only see about 2 ep's and hundreds of rsx's in the last month. ;)

penguin
06-21-2004, 08:56 AM
I'll end this discussion with the #1 reason to own the Si over the RSX..

cool ass shifter!! ahaha...lol

Seriously, it's just personal preference when it comes to asthetics. However, I'd rather have the Si over the base (not over the Type-S). The Si just came out too expensive at a bad time in America. $20k new (not what I paid!) for only 160hp when I could drop the same and get 220hp w/LSD in a 13.9 sec car for only a grand or two more (see SRT-4). However, due to lack of sales, the Si is going to be a nice lil underground car.

PAPITUYO326
06-21-2004, 11:31 AM

its a drivers race only because their differences are so few

the ep does have a few better things..(type s manifold, throttlebody, type r final drive) but it amounts for maybe .1 difference at the track

with the same driver the ep is faster...but not by much...

they are both great cars that offer different things...i personally went with the ep, but those that go for the base rsx arent making a bad choice(that is unless they can buy the type s lol)

Dunrick
06-21-2004, 01:52 PM
I see girls in RSX all the time -

Rarely see girls in Si -

dunno why - the ladies love the ep...hmm