PDA

View Full Version : coilovers or seperate spring/strut setup?

Tenacious G
06-25-2003, 07:14 PM
my question is which is better? coilovers or lowering springs with adjustable struts/shocks?

i plan on doing some auto-x in the near future and need the adjustability of having a setup that works for daily driving as well as auto-x. any suggestions? thanks for any input.

Civicvtec1ps
06-25-2003, 07:56 PM
full coilovers is the way to go for auto x
end of discussion :D

SiR Medic
06-25-2003, 08:19 PM
What about camber correction?

If lowering your car on springs requires a camber correction kit, does that mean coil-overs are constantly out of alignment?

I would prefer coil-overs to lowering springs, but I don't want the car to be out of alignment.

audomatik
06-25-2003, 08:31 PM
my friend just got a set of tokicko illumina r coilover set on his EK... damn nice, rides way better then stock and we slammed it. the camber is noticable but not that bad. i would def buy them if they came out for the EPs. I'm saving for Tein springs... tein coilovers are too rich for my blood... let me know of any other good spring setups to ride on stock struts...

Tenacious G
06-25-2003, 08:33 PM
i think the tein type flex have camber plates built in ... i'm not sure about others.

and i know 02SilverSiHB has a camber kit for his koni/ground control coilovers.

Suk02Si
06-25-2003, 10:54 PM
Koni w/ Ground Controls = $900 (roughly)

Tein Basic(full coilover) = $900 (roughly)

I would pick the Basic over the Koni w/ GC. The spring rates are matched to the shock dampening. The good thing about the GCs is you can chage springs rates by picking up a variety of springs from Eibach.