PDA

View Full Version : bad aerodynamics??

hondafiend02
06-25-2003, 07:47 PM
Man im pissed off i went out to wash my car today and ther was no sign of any cracks in my windshield then as i was washing i noticed that a big crack has appeared half way across my front windashield! well n e way i called around about a replacement 2 of the 6 shops i called said i was atleast the 8th 2002-2003 si in the last couple of weeks callin in for a front windshield! well to tell u the truth that really doesnt bother me but it is some interesting info u guys heard of any of this?? im thinking maybe bad aerodynamics??? i dunno:(

r3p00c
06-25-2003, 07:54 PM
my best guess is that its the result of really cold water on a really hot winshield... that could probably cause that to happen. i'm sure honda will replace it under warranty no matter what.

hondafiend02
06-25-2003, 08:01 PM
actually they said they couldnt do anything about it- then i got a quote from for a repair and it was like 7 bills i was like hell naw! so i called some shops i found one as low as 2 bills and ther gonna come fix it at my house!:D

audomatik
06-25-2003, 08:06 PM
rp300c... where in central pa are you from?

Mugen_EP
06-25-2003, 08:07 PM
This has been discussed quite a bit. Many people are blaming the aerodynamics of the car. It is not convex like most other cars and can not take impacts as well. Any little rock at fwy speeds is enough to crack it. I know because it happened to me when my car was a week old.

glw
06-25-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by hondafiend02
actually they said they couldnt do anything about it- then i got a quote from for a repair and it was like 7 bills i was like hell naw! so i called some shops i found one as low as 2 bills and ther gonna come fix it at my house!:D don't rely only on the dealer! call honda customer service directly. i bet they'll cover it.

i just received an $850 check from a repair i had done to my other 98 civic sedan from a year ago.

hondafiend02
06-25-2003, 08:44 PM
HEY IS THA FRONT WINDSHIELD UNDER WARRANTY HAS N E ONE GOT THERS REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY????? IF SO ILL GO BAK AND ARGUE WITH THEM if not ill just let it go and pay for it
:(

Mugen_EP
06-25-2003, 08:53 PM
Mine was not covered but I never brought it to them. Just had the crack filled. $45:)

Cractos
06-25-2003, 09:56 PM
Hey it happen to me too. I woke up in the morning one day there was a crack halfway across my window. :(

KimchiBoy_TypeR
06-25-2003, 11:40 PM
Dude Im so sorry bout your winshield:( But if it does have to do with aero dynamics spoon makes a windshield wiper spoiler(no joke)!! that might help keep debri's from hitting your windshield at crusing speeds its pretty small and blends with the wiper. Im not sure exactly were you can get it but I think www.aj-racing.com would be your best bet. And then again its pretty small so I dont really know how effective it would actually be at protecting your windshield.

RacingCivicSi02
06-25-2003, 11:51 PM
my windows cracked too. It was on the 4th of july last year. It cost me like 250 to fix it.