PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get my car off of all 4's without lift?

siver-SI
06-25-2003, 09:07 PM
Ok I am getting my self ready to do some work on my car in the next month. I have money coming in and all most all my tools I need now I am just trying to figure out how to get my EP off the ground so it is completly on jack stands. On my 88 Prelude I can take a 2x4 and run that right down the side of the car under the door were there is a subframe and jack my car one side at a time. When I looked under my EP the subframe is a lot diffrent in looks. What I am trying to figure since I do not have a lift how do I use my Hydrulic jack to get under the car and then try and place a jack stand under that area of the car. When I look at the manual there is only one place to jack up the car and I do not see a place for the stands to go since the jack is in the way.

I am just afraid of going through a floor board or bending something so that is why I am asking. I would just like to use the jack and that since with the car off of all 4's I will have about 3 feet under the car to work. I am trying to get all my money togther for the springs, Progressive x brace, and the progressive Rear lower tie bar. I will also get the camber kit. I just hope to get all my cash together by this weekend so I can order this weekend or next week.

Thanks

chet
06-25-2003, 09:12 PM
There is a spot under the front end of the car, about 8 to 10 inches back that is safe for jacking. You could then have your front end off the ground. And if you really need all four off, you can jack up the rear end by putting the jack under the tow ring. I hope this makes sense.