PDA

View Full Version : volk=frustration

glw
06-25-2003, 09:54 PM
ok, i had my checkbook ready to go buy some volk ce28n silver 16x7 42 offset 4x100 wheels today and no-one has them. not even the distributor - mackin industries... they said it would be 60-90 days if i ordered them... so i went to my backups te37 and same thing... how frustrating... i've been waiting for the velox pg-rev10 and velox keeps telling me 2-3 weeks every time i call. how can i get some 16x7 wheels that are around 11 lbs, without having to wait forever? help!

edit: oh, and i didn't want hub rings so the hub should be 56.15 (i think)

minimay7
06-26-2003, 12:09 AM
Yup yup...

I got into same problem. I am gonna go with SSR's Competition. My bro got them for his WRX. And it's awesome. Tirerack people are super helpful. I don't think you will regret it. If you want to see what it looks like, go to suspension forum and look for fake SSR thread. it was called HSR or something like that.... It looks cool on our cars.

beansbear
06-26-2003, 12:52 AM
i was the same way.

I was gonna get SSR's instead of Volk GT-C's for my Toyota Matrix until I actually saw the wheels in person.

Man what a difference. The Volks are like fine jewlery... very nicely powder coated/painted. no orange peel on the wheels like the SSR's. The finish and fit just looks better.

I say stick with Volks. They are forged. They are the #1 wheel in Japan. Be patient!

glw
07-11-2003, 07:10 AM
ok, ended up with volk ce28n titanium silver 17x7.5 4x100 43 offset 10 spoke. the titanium silver (kinda like a flat silver) looks great and are close to 13 lbs. the hub is 66mm (?) so hub rings are appropriate.

BSEVEER
07-11-2003, 12:59 PM
I'm gonna wait for the Velox pg-rev 8 or 10. They will be pricy but worth it I hope. Actually I would like to see them in person first.

redronin22
07-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by glw
ok, ended up with volk ce28n titanium silver 17x7.5 4x100 43 offset 10 spoke. the titanium silver (kinda like a flat silver) looks great and are close to 13 lbs. the hub is 66mm (?) so hub rings are appropriate.

wow u got em? i was told by everyone that they wouldnt be here till another month at least. how much did u get em for w/tires nice choice. how is fitment?

golferjn
07-11-2003, 04:30 PM
nice

02NJHondaep3
07-11-2003, 04:37 PM
Does anyone know where i can get those black 5 spoke SSRs with the red lip pictured on that black and red .GT car?

SiMPLE_SiMON
07-11-2003, 05:38 PM
Don't waste your money on the SSRs. They're nowhere near as strong as the Volks, but cost about the same. Honestly, SSR's semi-solid forging method is not as good as traditional isothermal forging. It's only good for the manufacturer since they save money on each wheel since there's less waste in the manufacturing process.

TireRack has had to replace a bunch of bent SSRs for free. Check with the S2000, WRX and Miata owners. There are a lot more complaints about SSR than other wheels of the same price.

If you want to spend the money on Volks, get Volks.

glw
07-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by redronin22

wow u got em? i was told by everyone that they wouldnt be here till another month at least. how much did u get em for w/tires nice choice. how is fitment? me, too... i went to wheel warehouse in anaheim on july 10 to check out their tent sale to just look around. i walked around for ten minutes than asked richard chen about the se37 and ce28. he picked up the phone and called makin industries - talked nice to them and they coughed up a set!!! i only went to look around but the ce28n's were so sexy i paid mad for them. i'm almost ashamed. in any case, it only took about 3 hours from walking in to me driving away with the new wheels... the wheels were delivered from makin in an s-class mercedes by a nice elderly japanese man. the nicest delivery truck i've ever seen...

are you ready???

$2650 for the ce28n's and parada spec 2's mounted, balanced, road hazard, gorilla lugs & locks, taxes. oh, i asked for a free ww t-shirt so i could remember the experience of getting raped and he tossed one to me. i paid more than i wanted to but i really like the wheels. i'm headed to the autox this weekend out at cal speedway so i can see if they help any...

about fitment... i would have preferred no hub rings and 7.5 inch width might be a little much for 205's. i figured i'd get the 205's to see how big i can go on the next set... the wheel wells look like they can fit 215's maybe 225...

if anyone is looking for hard to find wheels call richard chen (714-772-1281 x5112) and tell him i referred you...

here's a few crappy pics...
ce28n's in the box
http://sourcecodegeeks.com/public/civic/images/ce28n_inbox.jpg

paradas stacked
http://sourcecodegeeks.com/public/civic/images/paradas2_stacked.jpg

on the car 1 (almost like my avatar :D )
http://sourcecodegeeks.com/public/civic/images/ce28n_oncarf.jpg

on the car 2
http://sourcecodegeeks.com/public/civic/images/ce28n_oncarr.jpg

lastly, i called velox and was working with them (dominic - 9095988989) on sponsoring my car and they were definitely interested, but i just couldn't wait any more. i felt jacked around by them with all the waiting, but if anyone else wants to try - they are looking to get in to the autox crowd... (hint...hint)

EP3_DC5
07-11-2003, 08:45 PM
WOW, CONGRATS!!!! Beautiful wheels, I was going to get these in Bronze for my car, in 18s.......but decided to cheap out. I kind of regret doing so after seeing yours. haha

glw
07-11-2003, 09:04 PM

wow u got em? i was told by everyone that they wouldnt be here till another month at least. how much did u get em for w/tires nice choice. how is fitment? red... i just tried to pm you and your box is full.

anyways, i was just goin through my old notes and recall that a shop in fl said he could get me a set of the same volk wheels for $1717.50 and shipping would be about $80-$100... about the same cost as mine ($450x4 or $1800) but you may have to wait for ground shipping (less that 30 days, though). pm me if you want the contact info...

ps: maybe we'll meet up at a so cal meet or somethin'

glw
07-11-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by EP3_DC5
WOW, CONGRATS!!!! Beautiful wheels, I was going to get these in Bronze for my car, in 18s.......but decided to cheap out. I kind of regret doing so after seeing yours. haha the bronze looks great , too. that's what they had as a demo on the showroom floor. it was really hard to choose!

redronin22
07-11-2003, 10:59 PM
show stoppers 2200 with azenis but i gotta wait another month

golferjn
07-11-2003, 11:15 PM
nice wheels

glw
07-11-2003, 11:20 PM
show stoppers 2200 with azenis but i gotta wait another month awesome, 16 or 17? what size azensis?