PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have their tints cut out by computer?

icegrill
06-25-2003, 11:36 PM
Not wanting to experience that same situation of having some incompetant ass scratch the shit out of my new windows tracing the tint, I'm waiting to go back to Spokane to have the tints done in 30% all around at the dealer recommended shop. It's amazing how well you can see without tint I had 20% on my old si and never realized how dark they really make things at night. I can finally see again:eek: But for the love of my interior and peeping eyes I'll get it done before the summers over. Just not as dark. The accords they had with the computer cut tint were amazing! It looked factory. No line at the edge or anything, if your debating tint insist on a place that uses the machine cut patterns.

iLLBdaaaT
06-26-2003, 12:38 AM
i didnt know they had computers to do that. Mine was done by a "custom hand job" as the guy from deuce bigalow would say.

iLLBdaaaT
06-26-2003, 12:40 AM
by the way, i think 20% is fine, but it has gotten me pulled over 5 times. I only have trouble at night when it rains...but its still visible.

Steve02Si
06-26-2003, 05:03 AM
I have 30% all around, I think it's the perfect shade especially if you drive at night alot. I prefer hand cut tint over computer cut any day. If you know what you're doing you wont scratch anything. The machine is designed to make a tinter's job easier, not necessarily to provide a nicer finished product. They still trim the tint on the car once it's shrunk even if it's machine cut too.