PDA

View Full Version : orange peel

beansbear
06-26-2003, 12:49 AM
Hi folks!

How many of you EP3 owners have really bad orange peel on the backsides of your car? My car seems to have pretty bad orange peel on both sides of the car... the rest of the car is fine though.

Just curious if all of the EP's were this way.

Suk02Si
06-26-2003, 03:12 AM
Is your car silver?

Mine is white and no orange peel. The paint is very clean and smooth.:)

beansbear
06-26-2003, 03:14 AM
mine is black. looks like the sprayer was set too coarse. Its still shiny and reflective, but very orange peelish (if thats a word!)

AkronSi
06-26-2003, 05:25 AM
Mine is black and I have a bit of orange peel on the hatch. It seems to be confined to the indented areas to the left and right of the liscense plate. It's only noticible up close and in certain light.

SBC31
06-26-2003, 07:15 AM
Mine is Silver and the paint had NO orange peel.

Strange that you have that from factory. Most times, if not all times you get orange peel, is when the car gets re-painted by a body shop and so on.

SinisterCivicSi
06-26-2003, 11:25 AM
has your car ever sat at a body shop for any reason? sometimes even if you dont get body work, if your near the shop where they paint, you might get a little build up on your car....at least thats what happened to one person i know that works at a body shop, he learned the hard way, not to park near the shop, park on the street.

AkronSi
06-26-2003, 12:27 PM
I don't think the orange peel is that out of the ordinary. I've seen pics of S2000s with orange peel on them. I've even heard of the occassional Ferrari or Lambo with orange peel. I guess it just depends.

Luckily mine is in a location that's almost impossible to spot, unless you have good light and are really looking at it.

Bushido
06-26-2003, 12:32 PM
sorry, what is this orange peel you guys are talking about?

Brettnyt
06-26-2003, 01:03 PM
when the paint shows slight flaws, not scratches, but very miniscule ripples... heres a good example... i dunno how, but mine seems to have gotten much better... :rolleyes: :)

SinisterCivicSi
06-26-2003, 02:26 PM
well, i was always told that orange peel is something else.....its when you might have a painted area and when you run your hand over it, its sounds rough, feels "rough" as opposed to the smooth soft finish of the rest of the car.

am i wrong?

chubbychu
06-26-2003, 05:57 PM
sinister- YUP YOUR WRONG! That rough spot means you need to wash and Wax more often! lol...actually just kidding! ive never even heard of this term before.

SinisterCivicSi
06-26-2003, 06:44 PM
bite my tushie plain! LOL

nah, i was told by a repair guy that it was orange peel, so now i am not sure since others have different definitions for it.

i had it on my old civic, when i bought it she had apparently been in an accident, on the drivers door below the panel guard it was rough, before i had her repainted they said it was "orange peel".

who knows, if you go to a reputable shop, you shouldnt get this anyways, that i DO know.

1320_si
06-26-2003, 06:56 PM
Props to Brettnyt! That is the best picture of orange peel I have ever Seen!:eek: You captured that perfect. You should be a photographer... As far as the peel I have a NHBP and No orange peel. Sorry bout the bad luck. If it makes you feel better I ripped off the front end of my buddy club kit the other day.~AJ

Lost03si
06-26-2003, 10:13 PM
Nice to see a fellow Hawaii Ep-er here... I thought I was By myself...:(

Team
06-26-2003, 10:35 PM
There's always orange pill in Foreign cars but you can see it clearer in darker colors, thats just how there sprayed, which makes it hard for a body shop to fix damage on trying to get the orange pill right how the factory had it.

mrfixit687
06-27-2003, 02:13 AM
no, orange peel is when the surface of your paint looks exactly like the skin of an orange, and not smooth like a piece of glass, a silver 360 ferrari that i drove had orange peel in it, im like :eek: i'd expect a better paint job for a ferrari