PDA

View Full Version : price on spring installation

Robbies'03Si
06-26-2003, 03:08 PM
local shop here in chesterfield, va said they charge $200 for installtion of Tein Springs on my 03 civic si.... is this a good deal ...or suld i keep lookin?

Beachya
06-26-2003, 03:53 PM
well, im not sure what the ave. price for spring installation is, but i would not pay $200...I did mine myself, as did a lot of other members...If you're a little mech. skilled then you should go to the "How To, Spring installation" and do it yourself...you'll learn more about your car. Just make sure you have ALL the tools you need, the tie rod can be a pain. not sure where chesterfield is, anywhere near Va Beach, if so I'll help you out.

RockEP_SS**
06-26-2003, 04:13 PM
$200 bucks is a bit on the pricey side. We charge only around 60-80 bucks for a spring install. It's pretty simple for Civics, I think you should look around a little more ;) .

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

!@#$%
06-26-2003, 04:53 PM
you can do it yourself. As long as you have 2 jack stands, a good jack, a Rachet, 10mm-19mm sockets, one 32mm socket for the hub, and a pitman tie rod puller (shown)

Air tools make life MUCH easier. If you have access to air tools springs arent a problem.

myeverlovinsir
06-26-2003, 05:05 PM
Yeah, 200 is too much, get some friends together who know
what they are doing, or do some research here. 100 bucks would
be worth it imo, if you want someone else to do it. And make
sure they know what they are doing.;)

RacingCivicSi02
06-27-2003, 12:44 AM
$80 buck should be at most to install springs. You should do it yourself. its a learning experience.

SoCaLep3
06-27-2003, 01:39 AM
80 bucks is wat i got mine for

todaCspec
06-27-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by RockEP_SS**
$200 bucks is a bit on the pricey side. We charge only around 60-80 bucks for a spring install. It's pretty simple for Civics, I think you should look around a little more ;) .

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

Only out in the west are you able to get prices like that, out here in the east, it's like $120-$200. Older civic's(double wish bone) is a piece of cake, but not sure about this front tie-rod business.

ny-quiL
06-28-2003, 02:51 PM
Oh man, my gf just got me sportlines for our 1yr anniversary (Needless to say i was amazed!) , i dont have anywhere to do it myself so i was going around to local tire places to get prices for install and alignment and the first place i stopped said 400$!!!!!, i laughed and walked out, went to the place down the street and they said 650$!!!! WTF! my friend payed 150 for his WRX in NY so i knew both of those prices were OVER PRICED as HELL! Niether of these tires places will ever see a dime of my money. I think they based the price on the fact it was a civic and i look like i am 15 (im 21) - I live in Cleveland, OH btw.

Robbies'03Si
06-29-2003, 09:32 PM
well i have a friend that knows how to install springs, *she* has air tools and all to do it, and its free thank god....too bad this girl is going to work on my car, i dont care tho she's hot and knows about cars.... whats betta?

Beachya
06-30-2003, 01:19 PM
A hot chick with air tools, you better step up to the plate and make us proud.

silver ep
07-08-2003, 09:08 AM
I just got quoted $250 for KW coilovers and Ingals camber kit install. Pretty crazy huh.. think Ill try doing it myself. :)

PAsi
07-08-2003, 01:56 PM
What do you think of these prices??

<<1) How much would Eibach Sportlines be for a 2002 Civic Si? $224.25
2) How much does the install for both springs and camber kits cost? $224 for suspension
3) Do you do alignments? yes, $79

Kind Regards,

Matthew Rhoads
Auto Addictions Inc.>>

YooShin
07-08-2003, 03:03 PM
How much would it be to install a full coil over dampner kit like the Tein Basic (which I hope I'll have by October)? I would love to do it myself but I have a tendecy to either breakstuff or take way to long, in the garage. I can see doing the I/H/E and maybe some interior stuff but the suspension seems to be were most folks have trouble with. Will I need a spring compressor? If so, were do I get one? All the shops in here in Houston rape when it comes to this stuff. I've got a $150 and a $200 (Honda dealership) quote from two local shops for just springs. Another shop wants to charge $600 for the Teins Basic install. They got great products and the right shop&tools with tons of experience but they're know for being very expensive when it comes to labor. All of ya'll in Houston know who I'm talking about, there the Circuit Ciy or Best Buy of import tunning.