PDA

View Full Version : I/H/E Dyno results. 3.6whp and 3.5wtq gain from the SRI and HP Header I had before

02SilverSiHB
06-27-2003, 09:55 AM
Just got back. I also had him hook up a wide band o2 sensor to see my A/F ratio. It's been feeling like it bogs at first. The guy running the dyno said that my A/F is killing some horsepower. I'm thinking about an apexi a/f controller..not sure yet. He also said that I keep gaining power...to bad I don't have more revs :(

My current setup is Injen CAI, HP Header, and Comptech Exhaust. When I had my SRI (off ebay) and Hp Header, I was getting 146whp and 122.8 in torque...but that was with hitting the rev limiter. I asked him if that would show more, and he said yes, about 2-3hp at the most. I'll attach a pic of the old dyno after the new one:

02SilverSiHB
06-27-2003, 09:58 AM
This is a dyno of when I had the Short Ram intake and Hp Header
Notice the spike at the end, that's from hitting the rev limiter...so maybe I gained more hp than I thought because this was showing more than it should???

02SilverSiHB
06-27-2003, 10:02 AM
Oh, I met 2.8 more in tq. I was looking at the other dyno run...I get two for that day
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p5e320041c6a1ca304546d24f269339df/fbd336ad.jpg

02TafWhtSi
06-27-2003, 07:38 PM
Ever do any stock dyno runs?

02SilverSiHB
06-28-2003, 08:43 AM
unfortunetly no, I never got a chance. The only one I have before is that one with the sri and hp header that I got 146whp with. Sorry :(

Jodster
06-28-2003, 08:54 AM
Man you gotta get your A/F ratio fixed!! Its killing you. I was hoping to see much better gain with you adding an exhaust and changing to a CAI.

02SilverSiHB
06-28-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Jodster
Man you gotta get your A/F ratio fixed!! Its killing you. I was hoping to see much better gain with you adding an exhaust and changing to a CAI.
Yeah, I was hoping for 155whp. It seemed like the car was acting real good when I initially put the cai and exhaust on. Then when it started to get hot as hell, the car seemed to bog at first. I thought it was the heat...thinking the ecu was sending more fuel in to make up for the hot ass weather??? I don't know. I'm thinking that maybe I should just get hondata. It would end up costing less most likely. Apexi AFC usually runs about 300 right? Then it would probably take 3 hours on the dyno (that's 120 an hour, so 360 more), equally to 660. Or I could get lucky and it would be less
What to do....

Jodster
06-28-2003, 09:16 AM
Yeah, get the Hondadata!!

On another note, does anyone know if Hondadata is going to make a FI reflash? The extra revs would really help with making some more power. IMO. And do you guys think that it would be ok? Like if Steve had more revs on him EP with the cybernation kit, I think he would be able to make 10whp.

02SilverSiHB
06-28-2003, 09:26 AM
Hondata will eventually do that for a FI car. They just need the car with the turbo...hopefully someone near them will volunteer! :D

95 GSR
06-29-2003, 06:35 PM
it takes less then an hour to tune a S-AFC

+ wont the hondata give u more fuel?

p.s. are u still running ur stock cat?

02SilverSiHB
06-29-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by 95 GSR
it takes less then an hour to tune a S-AFC

+ wont the hondata give u more fuel?

p.s. are u still running ur stock cat?
yeah, I'm still running my stock cat. when you say more fuel...you mean open up my injectors more? I thought hondata gave more timing, and adjusted the a/f ratio for a cai.

95 GSR
06-29-2003, 07:31 PM
<-- no expert when it comes to hondata, but when people say that hondata gives a more "aggressive fuel curve", i thought that it added more fuel.... no?

02SilverSiHB
06-30-2003, 06:09 AM
<-- no expert when it comes to hondata, but when people say that hondata gives a more "aggressive fuel curve", i thought that it added more fuel.... no?
Who said that?

02SilverSiHB
06-30-2003, 06:40 AM

This is from Hondata's site:
"The K20A3-Si program advances the ignition, alters the cam timing and optimizes the fuel for a cold air intake, adding 4-9 ft lb across the rev range."

I think the advancing of the ignition alone would help me a lot. I'm runing 93 octane constantly. Where it says optimizes, it may be referring to the higher rpms.

I'll ask someone at hondata about this first to make sure.

02SilverSiHB
06-30-2003, 06:44 AM
Well hell, I tried to see if I can pm or email the guy "Hondata" here on ephatch, but he doesn't allow that. I guess I'll have to email them at the company directly...no telling how long it will be till I get an answer.

95 GSR
06-30-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

This is from Hondata's site:
"The K20A3-Si program advances the ignition, alters the cam timing and optimizes the fuel for a cold air intake, adding 4-9 ft lb across the rev range."

ohh ok.... I C now. yea i think advancing the timing would benifit u since u are running 93.

02SilverSiHB
06-30-2003, 12:30 PM
if I do get it, it will have to wait till Jan of 2004. I need to cut down on the spending for a while and concentrate of fixing the house some :D

02SilverSiHB
06-30-2003, 03:22 PM
ha, you know, I had it all back wards with the a/f I thought that a high ratio of like say 15 is rich, but it's lean...and I though that a low ratio of say 10 was lean, but it's rich. I was all screwed up. Thank goodness someone explained that to me on clubsi

HondaMan
06-30-2003, 06:20 PM
Nice dyno runs bro!

02SilverSiHB
06-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan
Nice dyno runs bro!
thanks. I wish I had that dyno run before done correctly. It looks like my last one was more like 142 versus 146 if you see that spike. So the hp gain is actually more. Oh well I guess (I've already had a certain someone give me a smart comment on k-series about spending so much money on the exhaust :angel: )

SiK24
07-17-2003, 03:57 PM
Concerning the Hondata flash, it advances timing and takes away a little fuel. That came straight from there mouth. We were trying to get it for our car (Si w/ K24 swap), but they were afraid to use it on our car because they thought it would lean our car out too much. Unfortunately, we are gonna need the extra rpm's really soon and Hondata can't do anything without actually having the car (and thats a long drive). So I think we are going to get the flash and use an afc to add fuel back.

Concerning air/fuel ratio: For an N/A car mid 13s were perfect for the B series, but according to Hondata, the Si was designed to run at 14.7. Normally that would be really lean, but they say thats were it should be. When we had the car dyno after the I/H/E it was running at 14.8 and we about freaked out. Couldn't believe it was out of injectors already. But luckily it was running exactly like it was supposed to.

02SilverSiHB
07-18-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by SiK24
Concerning the Hondata flash, it advances timing and takes away a little fuel. That came straight from there mouth. We were trying to get it for our car (Si w/ K24 swap), but they were afraid to use it on our car because they thought it would lean our car out too much. Unfortunately, we are gonna need the extra rpm's really soon and Hondata can't do anything without actually having the car (and thats a long drive). So I think we are going to get the flash and use an afc to add fuel back.

Concerning air/fuel ratio: For an N/A car mid 13s were perfect for the B series, but according to Hondata, the Si was designed to run at 14.7. Normally that would be really lean, but they say thats were it should be. When we had the car dyno after the I/H/E it was running at 14.8 and we about freaked out. Couldn't believe it was out of injectors already. But luckily it was running exactly like it was supposed to.
wow, thanks for the info. So in actuality, I'm running kinda rich, except for the initial 3k-3.5k rpms

SiK24
07-18-2003, 11:28 PM
possibly, but if it is anything like ours, its probably running exactly like it should (or how it wants to). Those damn computers, getting smarter and smarter. Not to say there is a little room for fine tuning.

SiK24
07-18-2003, 11:32 PM
Ohh, not sure what you were reading between 3-3.5k, but the emmisions system does something weird on the dyno if you don't start low enough in rpm (around 1000). Something about a loop closing, but when it does the a/f ratio jumped to like 18 on ours for a second and then went back to normal.