PDA

View Full Version : My day test driving..again! *Kinda long*

STP03BlueSI
06-27-2003, 01:33 PM
Well yesterday i went for a test drive in a Vivid Blue EP in St. Pete FL. Well the first stop was a Crown Honda(down the street from where i work). Well the guy starts talkin to me about the car, states it is a 6spd trans:o , and goes on and on how good the car is(i already know that:D ). I ask him for a test drive he has no problem with that, takes my DL and my insurance card. Comes back pulls the car out and we go.

Get about 3 blocks from the dealership and the speedo starts to go nuts! twitches to 20mph, then 60mp then to 0mph. I asked the guy if it normal, he states "Yea it just needs to warm up".
Turn the corner for their "test drive" area. Get to a dead stop and the speedo is now sitting at 20mph. I ask the guy one more time he says just redline the car.:eek: ok so i do, 7000 first, i can see him pearing over my sholder and tells me to go higher in 2nd. um.. ok so i punch it in second. still the speedo sits at 20mph (by this time i know i was doin about 30-40mph). well get back to the dealership, and the guy says u want to take this car home tonight?:confused: WHAT!? the speedo is broke? and it was 6pm, and the shop closes at 5pm. So i ask him, "Whos gonna fix the speedo?", he walks back to the parts counter, no one there. He states he can have the car fixed in 3 days. Well i state that i am price shopping and i will be back.

Next stop Autoway Honda, now i have had problems with them in the past with bad service when i was lookin at the EP in October. Well me and my gf pull up and this lady walks up greets us, asks which car we are lookin at? I state the blue EP, she says wait here illget the keys and we can take it for a spin! wow! No DL nothin! i looked over at my gf(she has been with me for 3years), and we both said "is this the same dealership?!". Lady comes back opens the car and says lets go for a spin! sweeeet.

We start to drive it, so i start the ?'s. Do u know of honda releasing the Type R? she says she has heard rumors but she doesnt think it will come over here. Then i ask about the "performance package", she says when we get back to the dealership she will look in to it. Well on the Test drive the roads are speed limit of 35. She tells me at the next stop sign step on it, so i do! WOW! the speedo climbed up quick! and we are goin about 50mph and she looks at the sign and tells me to slow down! so i hit the breaks(and they grab). well get back to the dealership and i give her info, and when i am lookin at gettin the car.

Today i get a call from the Autoway dealership, she says the kit will be the Type R Front end lip, rear lip, side skirts, and WING!!!:D I really like the wing. But she says the parts will be adviable in October.;)

Well in 5weeks i will have my Vivid Blue EP with fogs and floormats. Now all i have to do is shop:D

SmoothOperator
06-27-2003, 01:36 PM
The guy at Crown Honda told you it was a 6 speed? Right there I would've walked away. Can't sell something you know nothing about.

Team
06-27-2003, 01:38 PM
Congrats on the car man, cant wait to see if this package is true :thumbup:

Adam

STP03BlueSI
06-27-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Team
Congrats on the car man, cant wait to see if this package is true :thumbup:

Adam

The package seems to be true..but dont hold it against me, if honda doesnt do ne thing.

Yea i cant seem to wait the 4 weeks, i want the car now...but then again hopefully it will stop raining for once:'(

blackyEP3
06-27-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
The guy at Crown Honda told you it was a 6 speed? Right there I would've walked away. Can't sell something you know nothing about.

Start............shift to 1..........2.........3..........4..........5...... .......shift to R for "Type R" power!!! IT has 6 speeds!!! ;) :eek:

STP03BlueSI
06-27-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by blackyEP3

Start............shift to 1..........2.........3..........4..........5...... .......shift to R for "Type R" power!!! IT has 6 speeds!!! ;) :eek:

lmao. i wonder if the car would run after that..:o

STP03BlueSI
05-30-2008, 12:30 PM
God I love these old threads.:mangel::mbiggrin::usa2:

twep
05-30-2008, 02:02 PM
that guy at crown honda is stupid lol

why would he ask if you want to take it home tonight when both of you guys know the spedo is broken?

Windchaser
05-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Did you ever get your Type R package LOL? :rofl:

STP03BlueSI
05-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Did you ever get your Type R package LOL? :rofl:

Nope..but slowly getting Real R parts.:mcool:

Already have real Germany Type R seat covers...Fuck JDM.:llama:

03civsi
05-30-2008, 05:02 PM
DTM Japanese car....interesting:hungry: