PDA

View Full Version : Question about black headligh housing

super_si_45
06-27-2003, 06:09 PM
Ok, Iv gotta question, I just did the black headlight project on my EP today and everything went fine, bolted up great, peice of cake, however, when i finished i took my car up to the car wash to get it nice and shiny, when i returned home and after i dried everything, the passenger side headlight has some kinda fog, or precipitation of some sort in the headlight? What should I do about this? Im guessing I need to pull it all back off and reseal it, but could I cut holes in the bottom for it to breath or what?
Also, this is a no brainer but my passenger side H4 bulb isnt working, so its either the connection or the bulb, how irrate would the honda dealership be aout this (they are PIAA platinum series bulbs)? Any help will be aprreciated guys!:)

eggsi
06-28-2003, 01:53 PM
the fog is condensation, and you probably blew your light out, most newer light bulbs are very sensitive to moisture. due to the glass being very thin, thats why you are not supposed to touch the glass with your hand, because the oils in your skin will eat through the glass enough for it to break, just try to use some marina grade silicon around it.

siver-SI
06-29-2003, 08:08 AM
Yea the moisture got to the bulb there I would bet. I am trying to think of a way to test my lamps for moisture before I install them.