PDA

View Full Version : Desperate*** Please Help With Cv Joints!!!

idrive
06-27-2003, 06:23 PM
anyone in the san jose area... please... help me...
im almost done with the install. but the cv joints fell out while i was doin the front... ive tried and ive tried and ive tried.. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE COME TO MY HOUSE AND HELP ME WITH IT!!!
im at the point of desperation. I think i might have broken something while trying to put the cv joint back in...
when i turn the rotor.. the cv boot doenst turn with it...
i have the car in gear... should i put it into neutral?
SERIOUSLY if you have a few minutes to spare.. PLEASE come help me...
my AIM is : teCnkalMKaNiCz
email: idrive888@hotmail.com
cell: PM me for it

AIM would be best since i can give you my address right away...
thanks in advance! ANY ADVISE IS APPRECIATED!

idrive
06-27-2003, 06:26 PM
btw its about 6:15pm right now...
id really like to get this done sometime tonight...

idrive
06-27-2003, 06:39 PM
*bump*

please please please please please

dchu
06-27-2003, 07:20 PM
I'm in Cupertino but can't help you bro. I'm on my lunch break from work and gonna be working till 10:00. Try putting a lug on one of the studs. Then take your tire iron and rock the rotor left and right (9:00 to 3:00 position) while pushing in with moderate pressure. It'll slip in eventually, so don't worry nothing is broken.

idrive
06-27-2003, 07:48 PM
dchu!!
hey bro....
10pm isnt too late for me...
let me know if you can do it?
if not.. are you busy tomorrow morn?
i also sent you a PM

motomoron
06-27-2003, 08:37 PM
It's essential that you are pushing the shaft squarely into the socket. If you need to, support the hub carrier on a jack so the shaft is exactly at aligned with the socket, Put the trans in gear, and wiggle the brake rotor; you'll feel when the balls are lined up with the grooves in the body. Then, give the hub a gentle shove. I sat a bit back on the garage floor, put both feet on the rotor, and pushed. Popped right in. You need the alignment to be just right, though. Think boning, and you'll get it....

Good luck. :eek:

idrive
06-27-2003, 08:45 PM
i have the control arm up on a jack right now and tried playing with it in gear.. but no luck...

i dont get it.. some people said it should slide right in.. some people said to push it hard.. which one is it?

also.. when im pushing and turning..
i can feel the hub go "up and down" (in and out) when it is in its most in position... is that where i should keep it a push?

Silverstreak
06-28-2003, 01:12 PM
You should keep it in the place where it is furthest in. Make
sure that your boot is not twisted. Once it is as far in as it can go just slam the rotor in hard by pulling back a little and pushing it in fast. It is good to try and do it first lightly and try harder and harder untill it goes in. Dont worry it will go in. When i did mine
I had to slam the shit out of it and it finally went in. I talked to a
honda tech and that is what he told me he did to get them in.

Beachya
06-28-2003, 04:46 PM
Dont slam it!!!!

it doenst take bruit force to get them in...if you did slam it and it went in it's only b/c they were li ned up correctly, other wise you'll be slamming and pushing until something breaks. It's a counterclockwise, the clockwise motion with very little force needed.

02SilverSiHB
06-28-2003, 04:52 PM
I had a heck of a time getting that sucker back in on cone killers ride. Some times it's harder than others. Take a break and relax :D you'll get it in. Don't slam it in, like beachya said.

I noticed that it helped to go in and out while turning it clockwise and counterclock wise, until it finally slid in.

idrive
06-29-2003, 01:59 AM
you guys....
are crazy...
whoever said it was easy... must of gotten HELLA lucky
cuz i tried EVERYTHING that has been said on this board to get those fackers back in... NOTHING worked...

but the good news is... they ARE in now...
i ended up taking the clamp off the cv boot pulling it back aligning the bearings... THEN it slid in there like cock in a pussy... and redoing the boot clamp...
it was a bitch.. but there was no other way.
I spent as much time trying to get the axles back in as it took me to do both rears and assemble the front struts...

thanks for the advice tho!

02SilverSiHB
06-29-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by idrive
you guys....
are crazy...
whoever said it was easy... must of gotten HELLA lucky
cuz i tried EVERYTHING that has been said on this board to get those fackers back in... NOTHING worked...

but the good news is... they ARE in now...
i ended up taking the clamp off the cv boot pulling it back aligning the bearings... THEN it slid in there like cock in a pussy... and redoing the boot clamp...
it was a bitch.. but there was no other way.
I spent as much time trying to get the axles back in as it took me to do both rears and assemble the front struts...

thanks for the advice tho!
:D see I told you get in eventually. not exactly how I thought you'd do it ;) And yes, I was lucky the first three times, but the fourth time, on Cone Killer's car...it was a bitch!