PDA

View Full Version : Failed emissions.....

K20NutBucket
06-27-2003, 10:12 PM
So i went to emissions thursday, no big deal. They went to pressure test my gas cap and it failed.....wtf. I got lucky though went i got the gas cap off my wifes 02 cr-v, went back and passed, go figure. I was just curious if anyone else had this problem??

LsVtecStolen
06-28-2003, 01:26 AM
Hmm.. hope that doesn't happen to me. But I don't have to go in for inspection until 2007.

TrippZ
06-28-2003, 09:04 AM
i dont think ive EVER heard about that test. can someone please explain?

SinisterCivicSi
06-28-2003, 09:41 AM
sounds like an issue for the dealer, take your failed test paper to the dealer and make them give you a new gas cap.....yours might be faulty.

they have to give it to you, since hondas are lev vehicles, if you have a failed emissions, they have to do whatever it takes to get you to pass. i read that somewhere. can someone back me up? lol

K20NutBucket
06-28-2003, 05:31 PM
I got a new gas cap but they think it was the emissions testing site fault. I didnt think about this but if i had a faulty gas cap my check engine light would come on, which it didnt. They probably put to much pressure on the cap causing it to fail. Anyway, i dont know how you cali folks do it but we have to go through emissions every year, someone said they have another 7 years.....maybe i just mis-read.

siver-SI
06-28-2003, 05:41 PM
In IL we have 3 years of no testing on new cars and then after that it is just a luck of the draw. So far all the testing for are cars have been after they have sold or torn down. Like my 78 Mark 5 took a few months to explain to the state it was hard to bring my car in because the enigine was not in one peice anymore since it was being restored. I do not want to bring it in right now anyways because it is from Can. and the emmisions at the time I could not pass because Can. and US emissions were not close because I run a bigger carb and less emision crap. So I have to wait till it hits 25 years old so I can be exempt.