PDA

View Full Version : Blew out a stock tire @ 11K

BlackNRedSi
06-28-2003, 08:06 AM
What the hell,

those stock tires suck my left one!

anyways, i was just driving along and i felt the car pullin like a mofo, sure thing when i pull over the fuker is flat...

now i am going to purchase a set of rims monday, so you guys think i should go buy a extra one of those tires to put on my car for the rest of the weekend, or will it not be worth it? and just wait, and get all those tires taken off and get better quality tires put on the stock rims for winter time?

Thanks all

Eric

Civicvtec1ps
06-28-2003, 08:14 AM
get rid of it,
time to get BETTER tires
stock tires sucks =/

Team
06-28-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
What the hell,

those stock tires suck my left one!

anyways, i was just driving along and i felt the car pullin like a mofo, sure thing when i pull over the fuker is flat...

now i am going to purchase a set of rims monday, so you guys think i should go buy a extra one of those tires to put on my car for the rest of the weekend, or will it not be worth it? and just wait, and get all those tires taken off and get better quality tires put on the stock rims for winter time?

Thanks all

Eric

I do agree that they suck, but what happens if your tire got a nail in it? of course its going to go flat ;)

Adam

chunky
06-28-2003, 08:53 AM
have you taken the tire to have it looked at to see if they can patch the puncture?

unless the puncture was on the very edge of the tread they should be able to fix it.

i got nails in my stock tires 3 times. that was a pain. no holes yet with the new wheels/tires (knock on wood).

i say get it patched, and then you'll have a ful set of backup wheels.

todaCspec
06-28-2003, 10:40 AM
Stock tires are crap anyway, noisey and are not that great in the rain. Stock rims weigh in at almost 18 lbs each, great way for Honda to rob you of some horsepower and to wear out your brake pads faster.

LordKoo
06-28-2003, 11:18 AM
Claim a new tire through warranty first!

pappaljf
06-28-2003, 02:29 PM
I had TWO blowouts on my tires, one at ~7k and another at ~11k. Both times, the sidewalls went out. No nails, no debris, they just blew. I went with a set of AVS ES100's, and it's been smooth sailing ever since. Albeit louder sailing....

pappaljf
06-28-2003, 05:34 PM
You're right, I never checked their pressure once. I always assumed the dealer/jiffy lube guys did that for me. Maybe I subconciously neglected them so I could buy my Yokos...

Type X
06-28-2003, 06:58 PM
fresh rims and tires in my garage waiting for you;)

BlackNRedSi
06-28-2003, 09:52 PM
X i got my check today, so i should be set for monday or tuesday, once i can clear the check!

Eric

Type X
06-29-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
X i got my check today, so i should be set for monday or tuesday, once i can clear the check!

Eric

whenver just lemem know

i will swing down

civic hatch boi
06-29-2003, 02:17 AM
sucks for ur tires. i hope u get some good ones :)

blueiedgod
06-29-2003, 06:45 AM
You mention Yokohama's, do you know the model by any chance? I used to have Avid T4 (on my previous car), and they were excellent in spring, summer and fall, but sucked really bad in snow. The V-groove would fill up with snow and make the car not handle at all. And that was an AWD vehicle.

BlackNRedSi
06-29-2003, 08:37 AM
Thanks X
____

Yea it sucks for my stockies, i got it patched yesterday

I really dont mind that much cause im buying new rims+tires
_____

Yokos

IMO Yokohama AVS Sport tires are the best Yokos for our car, they dont make any noises and grip real good to the ground, and the tread wear keeps even