PDA

View Full Version : clicking sound is back

SoCaLep3
06-28-2003, 11:06 AM
well abuot a week has past since i got the clutch clicking sound fixed at the dealership, everything was going swell but its back. Has anyone fixed this

btw... do you think that they will still work on it if its lowered?

toe knee
06-28-2003, 02:19 PM
I brought my car in several times and the didn't fix it either. The third time they ordered a special compound that held up for a few days and now its still clicking.:( What they are going to do now is order a new y fork and a clutch master cylinder. If this doesn't work i think im getting a new ep from the dealer. What i did was kept on bothering them until they can fix it. You should try, it might help.:)

iR-VTEC2
06-28-2003, 03:56 PM
what clicking sound was that again? The one where you press in the clutch just a bit and click?

silver ep
06-28-2003, 04:06 PM
I just sprayed some GUNK super lube on the linkage and it stopped making the noise so far.

02SilverSiHB
06-28-2003, 04:39 PM
I noticed that if I press on the clutch lightly, there is some play for about 1/2" before it actually starts to crab. Once it does crab, it clicks first as I go down.

So then when I brought the clutch back up, I wouldn't go all the way, just before that spot where it doesn't crab. Then I'll press down again, and no sound.

But if I lift off all the way, I get the clicking sound. I want to figure this out for myself to avoid leaving my car at the dealer. It will probably be next week that I get to work on it. If I figure it out, I'll post pics and a how to.

BlasTech
06-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Mines starting to make a stretchy noise with a little clunk too. Im taking it in this week hopefully for 10K checkup. Maybe they'll fix it too.

cbecker333
06-30-2003, 09:15 AM
mine clicked for a long time, I got it fixed...started again and still haven't taken it back to the dealer...I might soon, because now in addition to the click, the clutch pedal feels gritty as it goes down even when not clicking.

sonic imperial
06-30-2003, 11:42 AM
I'm taking mine thursday morning for the second round to see if they can fix it. It's driving me nuts. I had it "fixed" about 2 months ago and the problem is back worse than ever. It really feels nasty when you run through the shifts. I have got to get a smoothed out clutch pedal.

poppasp1ce
06-30-2003, 09:17 PM
see number 15:

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/24/022451AP.html

HokieSi
07-01-2003, 04:59 AM
Lube it up!!! If you are too lazy to do that just turn the volume knob on the stereo clockwise until noise goes away.