PDA

View Full Version : any kits come with upgrades for internals and mabye emission good?

siver-SI
06-28-2003, 07:52 PM
Right now I am trying to figure out my turbo project a bit in advance since I want to pay cash for it. What I want to do when I install the turbo is to pull the engine and upgrade the pistions, rods, crank, and the top end too. I am just wondering what kit comes with all this if any?

Also on a side note is there any turbos that are emission legal? IL is a pain in the butt for emissions.

Thanks

ssvr6
06-28-2003, 08:58 PM
So far, there is no turbo kit that is CARB legal, but you'll have to check your local laws and ask the manufacturers.

As for internals, the Cybernation stage II kit comes with pistons and rods.

Steve

siver-SI
06-28-2003, 09:05 PM
Would I need to upgrade the crank or not? I am thinking of doing the s-type heads on mine too so I know I will need the better ECU. I just want to have a fun car for the track and mosly the street.

What would I have to check with local laws? I thought emissions were standard accross the US all but CA.

Thanks the kit there. That thing will kill my wallet but being able to run that kind of boost will be great with the stage II.

ssvr6
06-28-2003, 09:44 PM
I'm running their stage I and it's great. The stage II must be pheonominal.

Here in FL, there are no emission laws and they do vary from state to state.

Steve

siver-SI
06-28-2003, 09:49 PM
For the stage I how will the engine do in the long run? I am worried about blow-by and my internals taking a betting from hell. I do have to say the Stage II with running up to about 20 pounds and about 350 horses is a little over kill for me but I would think the kit with everything incuded would be cheaper then having to buy at a latter time.

Just wondering if you do not mind how much did the kit cost and did that incude install?

I will look at IL and see what they have to say about the emissions.

Thanks