PDA

View Full Version : what springs?

bloo_ep3
06-28-2003, 09:24 PM
obviously i am lookin to lower my car, but i still want it to have a nice ride and i was wondering what springs you guys have and how they ride, and what would you say would be a good purchase?

Black03Si
06-28-2003, 09:59 PM
Alot of it is going to come down to personal preference and how low you want to go. The mildest drop would be the Eibach Prokit (1" drop). This will also keep your stock shocks intact the longest. Eibach Sportlines drop about 1.5" (great quality, although pricey). Lots of people seem to be enjoying the Tein S. Tech (good price, good quality, about 1.5" drop - only they're not specific to the EP, they were designed for the coupe/sedan). Progress will drop you about 1.75" (good price and many seem pleased with these as well). Neuspeed sport drops you about 1.5" and Neuspeed Race will drop you about 2.5". Sprint springs do about 2" (these are the springs that were used on the Good Charlotte and New Found Glory EPs). You can also do ground control coilovers and decide what height you want to ride at, or you could do a full setup from someone like Tein, although that gets really expensive. Do a search and you will find plenty of info concerning springs. What you'll find is that you will hear positives and negatives about pretty much every spring. So, back to my first statement, it's mostly going to come down to personal preference and how low you want to go.

My recommendations:
Mild drop: Eibach Prokit
Moderate Drop: Eibach Sportline, Progress, or Tein
Slammed: Coilovers, so you can raise it if you want (although the ride probably won't be great)

siver-SI
06-28-2003, 10:03 PM
Ok just to warn you this question is going to drive you nuts because it is driving me nuts. I have downed my self to the Eibach and the Tein. I like the Eibach SPORTLINE KIT because they are SI only springs and they have a 1 million mile warrenty on them. The Tein have only a 1 year warrenty and are made for use in the EP and all 01+ civics. I hear the Tein have a better ride. So I am just trying to get this down. Even though they both say they have the same drop the Teins do drop a little more then the Eibach do.

bloo_ep3
06-29-2003, 09:53 AM
thanks a lot
i was thinking of goin with teins, and now i think i will for sure get them.