PDA

View Full Version : Absolute GARBAGE car show in Chicago......

SIxtasy
06-29-2003, 01:26 AM
I didn't want to go but when my buddy said we'd get in for free, I said sure I'll check this out. It was some ACA or ASA show and MY GOD - what a SAD SAD SAD state, the import world is in. Never have I gone to a show that was heavily advertised as an import show and seen almost as many Escalade's on 24's as actual imports. :eek: Of course Chicago's bigger crews were in attendence, with the cars we've all seen for the last 3 years, but why did I see an accord that someone painted the bodykit and flames for with home paint???????? Why was the stage sound system the WORST I have ever heard. Much love to the fellow EPr's that had their cars on the floor.......except for the one that was FUCKING BONE STOCK - why the fuck were you there????? I am totally for people doing shit to the cars they own, and feel that they should be recognized for it. But Jesus, I saw at least 5 cars that were on stock rims:eek: thats like the first fucking mod you do! Being someone that took home 11 trophies for my last car in 2 years, I feel that I know a thing or too about the show circuit. I have to say that I am totally disguisted by what I saw tonight!!! Yes, good cars were there, but a whole lot of fucking CRAP was too. Never should someone attend a car show and be done in 20 minutes. Thats what happened tonight. My friend, girlfriend and I just left in awe of the crapulence of the situation. I was looking forward to HIN next month as the first show I get to do with me new whip. I'm not expecting anything out of it - maybe I'll open some peoples Eyes to the EP a little more. I promise though - if during set up for HIN I see 12 or more SUV's on 22+ setting up too - I will leave during set up and demand my money back.

I'm not trying to knock anyone on this site, I just had to express that this is far far far out of control. The import scene needs to get back to its roots and get rid of "Joe Blo " loser that puts exhaust on and is GOD all the sudden. I need sleep so maybe I can forget this shit, Laterz all

- Jeffrey :eek: :eek: :eek:

siver-SI
06-29-2003, 07:55 AM
Was that the show that was last night at Navy Peir? I was plaining of going till I got working in the shop and next thing I know a few hours on prelude turned into a few more and it was all ready dark out so I did not go since it is over a hour drive down.

paralysis
06-29-2003, 08:58 AM
Man I am glad I did not pay $22.00 to get in and $22.00 for my girl and $17.00 for parking.
If you got in for free and pissed about going I would be wanting to kill someone by now.

*(I was told it was $17.00 for parking but I don't know that it was because I was not there)*

crex2nr
06-29-2003, 10:41 AM
Jeff, after hearing your rant, im sooo glad that i didnt go, especially since i wasnt going to have to pay!! i know how you feel about cars, and shows for that matter, but was it really that bad?! especially since a couple of people were swearing that this show was going to be the shit!!! :o im glad that i didnt go and Mike was kind enough to drop off the body kit(thanks again Mike) and by the way Jeff, hollar at your boy!!