PDA

View Full Version : trading my car in for a 4 door

2k2ep3
06-29-2003, 11:51 AM
well may u guys can help me out??? im trading in my EP for a 4 door sedan. what u guys think i should get. an IS300?EVO?TSX?STI? or wat else is there? well jst drop me something on wat should i trade it for thanx..:'( :'( :(

silver ep
06-29-2003, 12:02 PM
STI or TSX, so why do you have to get a four door?

2k2ep3
06-29-2003, 12:04 PM
well my moms wants me to get a 4 door coz she dont want me with the coupe. i dunno why but prolly for insurance reasons. im sad i really love my EP.:'(

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
06-29-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by 2k2ep3
well my moms wants me to get a 4 door coz she dont want me with the coupe. i dunno why but prolly for insurance reasons. im sad i really love my EP.:'(

No offense but that is the stupidest reason in the world to get rid of your car.
If you/your mom thinks that trading in a hatchback civic (economy car) for a 4 door Sti/evo8/etc (sports car!) will lower your insurance....youre insane...

2k2ep3
06-29-2003, 12:11 PM
well my insurance is metlife and the EP is a sports car. for the tsx and is300 there classification is 4 door sedan.. well anyone that works for an insurance help me out with this. lol :D

Makross
06-29-2003, 12:20 PM
get a toyota echo

2k2ep3
06-29-2003, 12:21 PM
LOL....:D NEXT

golferjn
06-29-2003, 12:23 PM
all four cars listed above are cool. either one will make you happy

Mugen_EP
06-29-2003, 12:25 PM
pic

2k2ep3
06-29-2003, 12:25 PM
thanx golferjn.. jst post if you can help me out decide. some peeps are jst no help.:D

DetroitRiot
06-29-2003, 12:27 PM
STi OR EVO!!!!!!!!! no brainer!!!!!!!!!!!

or a TSX is good, too

golferjn
06-29-2003, 12:31 PM
yup, i've seen a few scions on the street already. interesting cars. now on the sedans, its up to you. the tsx is a front driver, whereas the is300 is a rwd. the sti and the evo are awd of course. depending on your preference, the subaru and mitsu are the rally cars, and the lexus and acura are the sport sedans. either way, i would love to have all four cars in my garage.

ALCT
06-29-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by golferjn
all four cars listed above are cool. either one will make you happy

I agree and I am adding Mazda 6s to the list, I really like it.

Brettnyt
06-29-2003, 02:45 PM
well, if you have the money, IS300s are great to modify, with some 800 hp turbo kits out there from what i have seen... crazy... but you cannot go wrong with any of the other cars... IS300 is just better looking and a bit classier i think, but dayum, the sti and the evo are FAST...

BlackNRedSi
06-29-2003, 04:52 PM
Sti, or EVO dont even bother getting if your talking about insurance!

Dont matter if they are 4 door or not...

they are way more of a sports car, and Insurance companies know that

blueiedgod
06-29-2003, 05:50 PM
If your mom is intereste din saving money on the insurance, I highly doubt she would be willing to pay for the Lexus itself. I think she meant for you to get a 4 door civic or a corolla. Ep is the only thing in the category that is way under $20 K. IS300, the cheapest is $26K, EVO the cheapest I saw was $32, same for STI. You will be lucky if you find a 3-4 year old IS300 for $20K. The price tag and the higher interest rate on a used car will instantly negate any savings on the insurance.

I used to drive Toyota Bb when I lived in Japan. Although, they are fun, they are only powered by 1.5 liter 105 hp engine, Honda Element would be a better alternative to SCion Xb. Took me a long time to get used to the speedo in the middle, just like Echo (which it is based on) and now Saturn Ion has it too.

You can tell mom that EP is much safer than other cars. Why do you think it weighs 2700 for such a small package, because it has reinforced pillars, and doors. And show her pictures of the wrecked blue one that was plowed by a semi, and the guy survived to tell about it.

Civicvtec1ps
06-29-2003, 05:53 PM
insurance company is not STUPID.
of course evo . sti. is300 will be more than ep insurance...
think about it.

gito
06-29-2003, 05:54 PM
You guys forgot all about the beautiful Cadillac CTS!!! and if you would like to wait, you can even get the super fast one! the V series! CTS is top of the line!
Just my opinion:)

Papa Bear
06-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Your mom wants you to get a four door? I would find out if the insurance is the real reason she wants you to get rid of the ep because if you think you are going to save money on any of those cars insurance wise you are sadly mistaken. Maybe you could get a job and pay for your own insurance and then she won't have to worry about it? Don't you think the payments on an Evo or an STi would also come into play financially for you/her? Get real man!:rolleyes:

furious
06-29-2003, 07:12 PM
hey man...if your parents got the means to buy you a new sedan, and you got the skills to talk them into an Evo or STI, well then just get one of them and drop the bomb on the insurance AFTER the fact!;) cuz, if they didn't know bout the insurance on the Si in the 1st place...then they prolly don't know bout the Evo/STI either or would do such research...(is this selfish? hell yeah...but if your fam's got the means...). I know many of you get upset when someone gets a new ride from their parents, but hey, they are just that fortunate so leave them alone...if we were back in teen years and we had parents that would buy us a Supra or something...I think most of us would have hopped on them! :eek: :p :cool: :D

DetroitRiot
06-29-2003, 07:16 PM
got for it!

connect four!

BlackNRedSi
06-29-2003, 07:23 PM
o yeah, i agree with all..if u can sneak them into getting youa EVO8 or a STi...Shit go for it....I would! ;) ;) ;)

Papa Bear
06-29-2003, 07:23 PM
I'm just saying if she doesn't have the means for the insurance on an Si, do you think she is going to be buying a Lexus for him? It just doesn't make sense to me and I wasn't putting him down for having his mom pay his insurance, that what parents are for, I was just saying, if he really wanted to keep his car he could take over the insurance payments and then she would probably be happy. But the fact is, he isn't sure if that is the reason she wants him to get a "four door". Maybe he is driving the ep too agressively and wants him to get a four door automatic Neon? You know how overprotecive mothers can get.:(