PDA

View Full Version : srs light?????

bsams
06-29-2003, 02:49 PM
aight, just finished install on sterio and had to pull my seats. had to disconnect the air bag connectors under there. when I turned my key on to check window to speaker clearance it set the srs light off. I cannot get it to go out. i'm a cadillac tech and you can either disconnect the battery and touch the positive and negative cables together to erase the code and turn out the light on them , or of course use the obd and resest it that way. On cadillacs you enter diagnostic mode by holing the off and warmer buttons for the automatic climate control. was wongering if there is something like this for the Si ..IN short how the hell do I get rid of the damn light!!!!! help please. :angel:

bsams
06-29-2003, 03:24 PM
ANYBODY !!!!!!:p :confused: :rolleyes: :cool: :D :( :*

TheWevel
06-29-2003, 06:40 PM
This question comes up a lot, try searching in the Electronics forum as well as in this forum. There's a way to reset it that some have success with, others don't. Failing that, you'll have to take it to the dealer. Chances are if you tell them what you did and why it happened, they'll reset it for free.

bsams
06-29-2003, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the help guys I went down the street to my honda tech buddys house to ask him and he said to try disconnecting the battery for 15min. if that didnt work hes gonna let me borrow a scan tool tomorrow to clear it . I thought there might be a way around this:'( But thanks for the help!

Z26
06-29-2003, 07:32 PM
Do a search! I had the same problem and fixed it myself. It took 15 seconds.

bsams
06-29-2003, 08:09 PM
aight i found the thread stank you.;)

Civicvtec1ps
06-29-2003, 08:40 PM
my srs light comes on for like 5 secs and dispears..

swapp99
06-29-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
my srs light comes on for like 5 secs and dispears..

Thats normal, Its going threw the system check.
Note: If you are removing the seats and having unpluging the connections Don't START your car up! The SRS bag light will go ON! and needs to be reset. Its better to reconnect the plugs when checking IE; your sound system.