PDA

View Full Version : why noise

civiquita
06-29-2003, 03:07 PM
hey i just want to know if you guys had a noise with amps and subs cuz my ep3 keeps making like a noise and it keeps fading the volume:'(

EP3_DC5
06-29-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by civiquita
hey i just want to know if you guys had a noise with amps and subs cuz my ep3 keeps making like a noise and it keeps fading the volume:'(

Is it kind of a whining noise that ascends and descends with the application of the throttle? If so then you have alternator whine. It can be caused by a number of things: bad grounding locations for Head Unit or amps... RCA wires are ran too close to power wires... Speaker wires are too close to power wire... Ground wires are too long etc etc etc

civiquita
06-30-2003, 05:41 AM
i need more feed back

EP3_DC5
06-30-2003, 05:44 AM
i need more feed back

You have to say what the noise sounds like in order to help you. You're not giving much to work with other tha fact that "it's a noise".

civiquita
06-30-2003, 05:47 AM
men is something like beep when i start the engine and when im riding around the volume keeps getting faded and it goes up and down i think this would help you figure out what my civic has thanks dc5 :confused:

EP3_DC5
06-30-2003, 01:35 PM
men is something like beep when i start the engine and when im riding around the volume keeps getting faded and it goes up and down i think this would help you figure out what my civic has thanks dc5 :confused:

Could you please write a complete sentence? lol It makes it very difficult to understand what you are trying to get across when I have to read it over 3 times. hehe
Like I said, I would check your grounds and check your wiring. If the problem still persists then it's one of your pieces of equipment....... could be a faulty amplifier. Was this stuff just installed? Did you do it yourself? What type of stereo equipment is it? How old is it?
I just need more info on the problem in order to figure it out.

swapp99
07-01-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by EP3_DC5

Could you please write a complete sentence? lol It makes it very difficult to understand what you are trying to get across when I have to read it over 3 times. hehe
Like I said, I would check your grounds and check your wiring. If the problem still persists then it's one of your pieces of equipment....... could be a faulty amplifier. Was this stuff just installed? Did you do it yourself? What type of stereo equipment is it? How old is it?
I just need more info on the problem in order to figure it out.

IM ROLLING IN MY CHAIR READING THIS:D :D :D :D
btw: good advice EP3

poppasp1ce
07-01-2003, 01:12 AM
translation:

"men is something like beep when i start the engine and when im riding around the volume keeps getting faded and it goes up and down i think this would help you figure out what my civic has thanks dc5 "

men...its something like a beep when i start the engine. when i'm riding around, the volume keeps getting faded and it goes up and down. i think this will help you figure out what is wrong with my civic. thanks dc5

had to read this a couple times. i agree, its either bad ground or speaker and power wires too close.

ssvr6
07-01-2003, 04:54 AM
Personally, I think civiquita is full of it.

Let's see some pics of your car, your system, your nitrous kit, your 350z and whatever else you have or had.

Steve

EP3_DC5
07-01-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Personally, I think civiquita is full of it.

Let's see some pics of your car, your system, your nitrous kit, your 350z and whatever else you have or had.

Steve

lol

civiquita
07-01-2003, 05:40 AM
i still have the ep3 and i returned my nitrous kit cuz some lines were broken so i returned it and

HOW CAN I POST PICS :'(

civiquita
07-01-2003, 05:58 AM
yo ep3 dc5 what u have in your type-s just asking:angel:

EP3_DC5
07-02-2003, 05:16 AM
yo ep3 dc5 what u have in your type-s just asking:angel:

aem cai, invidia catback, hondata gasket, hondata flash, ES motor mount inserts, Revotechnica short shifter, etc etc etc Bunch of stuff......

EPTree
07-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Like everyone else said, it's either your grounding point, how you've run the wires, or you're a Pyramid kinda guy.