PDA

View Full Version : Noise wen runnin ac

Go_EP_Go
06-29-2003, 05:35 PM
Im just wondering if this happend to anyone else...today i was running the freeway with my ep with the ac on...and it started to make some weird ass noise and then it stopped..i was like wtf i thought it was outside noise until it did it again...can anyone help me out?:(

yakov456
06-29-2003, 05:48 PM
I think thats normal. when you have on your ac or defroster every 3 or 4 minutes you'll hear a sound like a fan switching on and your lights will dim a little. Could be wrong though!

Civicvtec1ps
06-29-2003, 05:50 PM
its normal :D

Go_EP_Go
06-29-2003, 05:53 PM
thanks a lot u guys:D

chunky
06-29-2003, 06:58 PM
sometimes when i'm on the freeway, i'll downshift into 3rd around 70, pund it, and as the tach comes up to 6000rpm, the engine pitch gets more agressive like the timing just got advanced, and she'll pull like a motherfucker for a brief 800rpm before I have to shift.

only happens with the a/c on. tis strange. won't ever do that when the a/c is off. maybe b/c the timing is already advanced as far as possible. . .

anyone else notice this?

Brettnyt
06-29-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Go_EP_Go
Im just wondering if this happend to anyone else...today i was running the freeway with my ep with the ac on...and it started to make some weird ass noise and then it stopped..i was like wtf i thought it was outside noise until it did it again...can anyone help me out?:(

Same thing happens to me! Sounds like air rushin out of the vents or somethin... :rolleyes: ;) Prolly just a fan or somethin normal...

02TafWhtSi
06-30-2003, 05:40 AM
You may get a little more vibration @ idle as well with the a/c on - completely normal. This kinda scared me at first until I realized its just a natural side effect :)

02NITEHAWKSi EP
06-30-2003, 09:39 AM
The noise and the hesitain you hear should be the AC Comperssor kicking in. The compressor does not run constantly. There is a clutch on the compressor that is electrically activated. It turns on and off at preset limits.