PDA

View Full Version : MotorMatrix or Cybernation?

VBSI
06-29-2003, 08:03 PM
I don't live in Florida, but these are two places I have learned about here that are doing turbos for the EP. I want one, and I have a chance to get one at the end of summer if a deal I am working on goes through. I notice the Cyber goes for about $4400, but the Matrix has no price yet, but looks very, very clean-and they both claim same power. Please PM me if you have knowledge of local rep and expertise and if the company is willing to negotiate for representation in Michigan.

REVwheels
06-30-2003, 08:13 AM
look into the SFP kit. this is the one i just finished on my car. still awaiting the almighty dyno. price for the kit is roughly 4000.00

ssvr6
06-30-2003, 09:37 AM
It's not Motormatrix's kit, it's South FL Performance (SFP).

Steve

REVwheels
06-30-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
It's not Motormatrix's kit, it's South FL Performance (SFP).

Steve

You are correct!

VBSI
07-01-2003, 08:22 AM
OK- I may wait until more people get this done, since there doesn't seem to be many people out there who know these places that well.

ssvr6
07-01-2003, 08:37 AM
Since I'm one of 3 Si owners that have the Cybernation kit, you're right, there aren't many out there that have this yet. The other kit is prototyped on RevWheels car.

Your other options are RevHard and Ultimate. I don't know anyone on here with a RevHard kit, but Jack Herer(sp?) has the Ultimate kit and ran a 13.8 with it.

There aren't many of us yet. Just give it another 6 months to a year if you want a really fair comparison. In the meantime, I'll plug Cybernation again since the work was great, the car is powerful as hell, and their service was and still is awesome.

Steve

ssvr6
07-01-2003, 08:38 AM
I'm not familiar with SFP, even though they're local. I will say this, if that anus MotorMatrix is an example of one of their employees or "cohorts", I'm already not impressed.

Steve

02SilverSiHB
07-01-2003, 09:22 AM
I'm not familiar with SFP, even though they're local. I will say this, if that anus MotorMatrix is an example of one of their employees or "cohorts", I'm already not impressed.

Steve
LOL agreed.

REVwheels
07-01-2003, 09:55 AM

Steve

i dont know who "motormatrix" is...but i can say he doesnt work at or for SFP. i am also not here to make a beef over whose kits are better or whatever. what i do know...is the the SFP kit is cleaner than any other kit out there. look at my engine bay it speaks for itself. the damn thing doesnt look like its on life support.

as for SFP as a company and background. they have been around for a while. do a search on clubrsx.com and clubsi.com and youll see they have been making manifolds for those guys for a while. the owner of SFP(frank) hasnt really been into commercializing his turbo kits until now. they are of high quality and tuned very well.

SFP as a shop here in miami FL, is one of the only shops that can actually make its own manifolds and turbo kits from scratch. unlike other shops that purchase parts from other companies and piece together kits and then name it something(i.e. DRAG). they have been building full blown race cars for a while and tune some of the faster cars here in florida.

as for my car...i havent posted details about it yet cuz im waiting for it have its final tuning. but as of now i drive the car daily. i will not go into details of about how much HP it has because its not where i want it to be yet. but by far it has exceeded ANY kit out there so far. i dont know how motormatrix got pix of my car and was kinda disappointed that he posted them. i wanted to post when the car was done and when i could answer all types of questons. what i can say is this.. the car runs awesome....it idles like factory...it doesnt choke on smoke due to it being too rich, a/c works perfect, car never has problems turning on. honestly if u didnt know it was turbo...and you never went into boost, you would never know it was there or what it is capable of. this is a well refined kit. and not at the consumers expense.

ssvr6
07-01-2003, 10:04 AM
Fair enough.

My post wasn't a slam on anyone, just what I have experienced or seen for myself.

Steve

ssvr6
07-01-2003, 10:13 AM
Question though, if you haven't dyno'd your car yet, how do you know it's the most powerful out there?

Steve

REVwheels
07-01-2003, 10:30 AM
Fair enough.

My post wasn't a slam on anyone, just what I have experienced or seen for myself.

Steve

yo steve...

i know how it goes...ur caught in the middle of some doubts i can relate. when anyone does something unique its common to get knocked in the knees here and then. being from the south florida area you should know there are many opinionated people. i know many people who swear by cybernation, i know people who swear by SFP, sh*t i know people who swear by dynamic turbo(haha). i just think everyone is kinda questioning things because too many people say they have their cars dynoed at cybernation and for some reason come out dynoing say 250 to the wheel then go to cartek or luguan and end up dynoing 20 hp less. i met one of the guys from cybernation at import xpressions, i think his name is paul or something. cool guy made me a great offer to work on my car. but turned it down cuz i have this belief that these kits can only get better with competition between companies which in the end the consumer benefits.

REV hard has a great kit..according to import tuner. but one of the members here that has the kit said it didnt come with half the crap they featured in the article and at the same time said the customer service sucked.

Cybernation also has a great kit. definitley one of the pioneers for the k series motors. but, too many people say they have problems with idling and cold starts. but the damn thing does make power according to dyno sheets like yours.

SFP kit....the only thing i can say right now...its damn clean. relocates battery and has a great defense against detonation. its drivability is incredible. idles perfect and drives (when not in boost) like the day i drove the car off the lot. and all of this was made possible not using a vafc or safc.

in the end steve and i are just the lab rats for all the other comsumers to benefit off us later.

-rob

REVwheels
07-01-2003, 10:31 AM
Question though, if you haven't dyno'd your car yet, how do you know it's the most powerful out there?

Steve

i never said i didnt dyno...i said i havent done my real tuning yet. the owner of SFP went on vacation...comes back saturday.

02SilverSiHB
07-01-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by REVwheels

yo steve...

i know how it goes...ur caught in the middle of some doubts i can relate. when anyone does something unique its common to get knocked in the knees here and then. being from the south florida area you should know there are many opinionated people. i know many people who swear by cybernation, i know people who swear by SFP, sh*t i know people who swear by dynamic turbo(haha). i just think everyone is kinda questioning things because too many people say they have their cars dynoed at cybernation and for some reason come out dynoing say 250 to the wheel then go to cartek or luguan and end up dynoing 20 hp less. i met one of the guys from cybernation at import xpressions, i think his name is paul or something. cool guy made me a great offer to work on my car. but turned it down cuz i have this belief that these kits can only get better with competition between companies which in the end the consumer benefits.

REV hard has a great kit..according to import tuner. but one of the members here that has the kit said it didnt come with half the crap they featured in the article and at the same time said the customer service sucked.

Cybernation also has a great kit. definitley one of the pioneers for the k series motors. but, too many people say they have problems with idling and cold starts. but the damn thing does make power according to dyno sheets like yours.

SFP kit....the only thing i can say right now...its damn clean. relocates battery and has a great defense against detonation. its drivability is incredible. idles perfect and drives (when not in boost) like the day i drove the car off the lot. and all of this was made possible not using a vafc or safc.

in the end steve and i are just the lab rats for all the other comsumers to benefit off us later.

-rob
sounds like some good words to me :)
about that rev hard kit, I was looking on some site, can't remember where (think it was one that that motormatrix gave), but it listed all the same stuff that import tuner listed and that one of our members didn't get with the kit. That alone was enough for me to steer away from them. So far my eyes are on cybernation and maybe even sfp if I get more info.

ssvr6
07-01-2003, 11:22 AM
I do like the pipe placement, coatings, and the missing battery. (I'm assuming that it's in the hatch?)

Do you have any pics of the case it's in and the wiring for it?

Steve

REVwheels
07-01-2003, 12:42 PM
battery....

http://store.yahoo.com/lib/speedandstyle/battery1

http://store.yahoo.com/lib/speedandstyle/battery

REVwheels
07-01-2003, 12:51 PM
for those who have not seen the set up...

http://store.yahoo.com/lib/speedandstyle/civfrtfmic

REVwheels
07-01-2003, 12:54 PM
http://ftp.motormatrix.com/sfp/epturbo1.jpg

http://ftp.motormatrix.com/sfp/epturbo2.jpg

http://ftp.motormatrix.com/sfp/xsintercooler.jpg

MotoMatrix.com
07-01-2003, 01:01 PM
I guess both our cameras take pretty good pics. I hope you didnt mind me taking pics of your car. frank said it was ok. I saved the pic with the bumper off to show the gangster piping work. it looks really good. i cant wait for frank to come back so I can see what power he can get out of it!!

ssvr6
07-01-2003, 01:02 PM
Nice!

I'd like to get some new piping done for mine once I get the transmission redone. (Right now looks is not my primary concern.)

That kit is very well designed though.

Steve

REVwheels
07-01-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by MotoMatrix.com
I guess both our cameras take pretty good pics. I hope you didnt mind me taking pics of your car. frank said it was ok. I saved the pic with the bumper off to show the gangster piping work. it looks really good. i cant wait for frank to come back so I can see what power he can get out of it!!

im using...a sony dsc-f717..recently got it. anyways i dont mind anyone taking pix...just kinda ruined the surprise and hype i wanted outta it. haha...its cool.

REVwheels
07-01-2003, 01:52 PM
Nice!

I'd like to get some new piping done for mine once I get the transmission redone. (Right now looks is not my primary concern.)

That kit is very well designed though.

Steve

yea...im working on the whole clutch ordeal now. looking for the right sponsor.

ssvr6
07-01-2003, 04:04 PM
Same here.

Steve

MotorMatrix.com
07-02-2003, 11:56 AM

im using...a sony dsc-f717..recently got it. anyways i dont mind anyone taking pix...just kinda ruined the surprise and hype i wanted outta it. haha...its cool.

yeah , mine isnt as nice as the one i remember seeing in your hand now. mines a 3.3mp though. sorry to ruin the surprise. i thought i would hook you up with some pics.

CSMsi311
07-02-2003, 01:23 PM
With the SFP do you need a new bumper or modify the oem to fit that huge fmic behind it?

you trying to compensate for something with that massive fmic? j/k:D

MotorMatrix.com
07-02-2003, 01:28 PM
I will need to find out from SFP. I dont think you will need that bumper cause the intercooler core is only 3" but to get full exposure you will. that will be their stage 2 kit. the stage 1 has slightly smaller dimensions .

REVwheels
07-02-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by CSMsi311
With the SFP do you need a new bumper or modify the oem to fit that huge fmic behind it?

you trying to compensate for something with that massive fmic? j/k:D

with the SFP kit you will NOT need to modify anything with the bumper. my intercooler set up was an exception due to my bodykit. if you use the stock bumper...the kit comes with a spearco intercooler that fits the front bumper.

MotorMatrix.com
07-02-2003, 01:55 PM
what about on a stage 2 with XS intercooler you are running??

REVwheels
07-02-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by MotorMatrix.com
what about on a stage 2 with XS intercooler you are running??

dunno about the stage II kit yet...i think im still considered a stage I.

turbotech
07-03-2003, 03:54 AM
Cybernation has done nothing but put in hundreds of hours doing ground-breaking work on the K20. We were the first company to offer a working turbo kit and still the only one that offer a stage II K20 turbo kit with 350-400+whp. We have done enough research and are now confident we can put out a 1000+whp K20. Now that Hondata has a turbo ECU suddenly everybody is k20 turbo expert. Soon there will be stage I kits popping up all over the place. We also offer the Hondata ECU used on the revwheels car with our turbo kits but it is limited to the amount of boost you can run on it and it is still a beta unit.

It is getting difficult to read the forums and see people making up out right bs about our company. These allegations are being made my Motormatrix who is a reseller for SFP and Rev Hard. There is no evidence to support these claims only hear say. Can anyone produce a single person with dyno sheets in hand showing that they make more hp at Cybernation and less at another dyno. If so I would like to see it. We will vigorously defend ourselves legally against any untruthful and defamatory statements made about our company by Motormatrix.

If you are considering our products talk to somebody who is running our product. Visit or call our shop and test-drive our cars and makeup your own mind. Also consider that the people making the allegations are affiliated or is a reseller of a competitive product.

REVwheels
07-03-2003, 07:26 AM
TURBOTECH...

very well said, but i dont think this thread in anyway was to flame cybernation. that was another thread that was made/locked and deleted. i met paul at the import xpression show and was quite pleased with the offer he gave me. but all of us here know what this whole thing is about. the competition of other kits on the market force manufacturers of these turbo kits to fine tune and perfect these kits offered to the public. i personally do not like the name calling or shop bashing anyone has made. both SFP and Cybernation are great shops. oddly they are both here in south florida and if any1 knows anything about the south florida scene, they will be the 1st to tell you there is a lot of shit talking.

steve is quite happy with his cybernation kit and im quite happy with my SFP kit. the horsepower made by the cybernation kit on steve's car is quite impressive. unfortunately i have not had the chance to fully tune my car to the spec we want it to be. vacations came in to play and this allowed me to drive the car for the past couple of days at a tuned low boost. im talking very low boost to make sure everything worked and there were no probs. after 4 days now....the car is ready. once i dyno this weekend ill post sheets.

turbotech
07-03-2003, 09:25 AM
South Florida is a good company and we have a good relationship with them. I am sure that they will put out a qulity product as will Cybernation. I just don't want to see people trying to strat bs between our companies.

REVwheels
07-03-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by turbotech
South Florida is a good company and we have a good relationship with them. I am sure that they will put out a qulity product as will Cybernation. I just don't want to see people trying to strat bs between our companies.

totally agree!

surfsi
07-03-2003, 04:04 PM
Your were taling about a turbo hondata ecu, just wondering if this gives you the same 8000 redline as the other hondata? If so is it reliable on stock internals, or is this sure detonation? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Just think A3 compression+turbo+8000. rpms=a whole lot of ass whoping!!!

MotorMatrix.com
07-03-2003, 09:09 PM
I did not creat this post nor do i know the person that did. I think them comparing motormatrix and cybernation kits was a mistake. I just posted the pics of the SFP ep kit and never once mentioned cybernations name. I'm not sure why you are so defensive. I just posted pics and did not say anything about a competitors kit. I hope this clears things up and I wish the owner of the Ep good luck with the car. Trust me i knwo its int he right hands for tuning. frank tuned my hatch to 559whp@ only 22psi. I'm sure youll get the results you wanted out of the car and the kit.

turbotech
07-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by surfsi
Your were taling about a turbo hondata ecu, just wondering if this gives you the same 8000 redline as the other hondata? If so is it reliable on stock internals, or is this sure detonation? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Just think A3 compression+turbo+8000. rpms=a whole lot of ass whoping!!!

The Hondata ECU is definitely a part of the future and yes the redline will raise to 8000rpm but you may want to upgrade the valve train with type s springs. The ECU that Hondata will be doing for us will be safe on stock internals with no detonation. We will keep the timing map and the knock sensor sensitivity stock as we will combine it with our Black Magic to allow boosting to 30psi.

We have already turbo charged a RSX running the Hondata all motor ECU using the BM. The car made over 270hp to the wheels at 6-7psi. Even with the advance timing the car has been running for a few months now with no issues.

surfsi
07-04-2003, 07:55 AM
Thanks for that info, and the upgrade makes alot of sense. Just wondring are you cybernation or affiliated with them? If so I have a few more questions and I'll just call.

ssvr6
07-04-2003, 09:52 AM
Turbotech = Lee

Lee = Owner of Cybernation

Steve

02SilverSiHB
07-04-2003, 02:11 PM
This is great news for me and tells me more of who's turbo I'll go for. Having hondata work with cybernations turbo is what I was looking for. I had no idea this was going on. Hell yeah, I'm going turbo.

Mad02Si
07-04-2003, 09:44 PM
How easy are any of these kits for newbie like me to install? Is dropping the oil pan and tapping a hole the most difficult part? How easy is tuning it enough to make it to a dyno? I Want to go turbo next year but I dont know who to trust around here cause the Ep is still foreign ground out here. I have decent mechanical skills, and can read and understand good directions, could I do it myself and have good results, out the box..

ssvr6
07-04-2003, 10:15 PM
The oil pan and return fuel line (and of course the final tuning) will be the hardest IMO.

I had done most of the mods on my car and this is one that I had no thought of doing myself.

Steve

2k2civicSi
07-05-2003, 12:27 AM
Steve what exactly are you doing to the tranny just clutch and flywheel? or are you beefing up the whole gearbox?

surfsi
07-05-2003, 03:46 AM
When I had spoke to Eric at cybernation, He said that they wll be spendng a whole day dyno tuning. I don't think they are blowing smoke up anyones ass and it's not just turning the psi up on the boost from 7 to 7-1/2, just think all the other kits are getting 240 at 7psi and there is some golden rule that each pound makes a certain amount of hp. and it's deffinetly not 40hp. per psi. I'm not sure how to tune a turbo but 262whp at 7.5 that seams pretty incredible and reliable! These guys obviously know there shit.

ssvr6
07-05-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by 2k2civicSi
Steve what exactly are you doing to the tranny just clutch and flywheel? or are you beefing up the whole gearbox?

Not yet. I just want to do the clutch, flywheel, and LSD. Eventually I'll either change the whole gear box to a base RSX or just swap out some gears. As for beefing them up, we'll see. Not sure where I'm going with this car yet. (HP wise...)

Steve

MotorMatrix.com
07-05-2003, 09:05 AM
hey steve , any chance of you making it to the track tonight?? i think its midnight madness.

VBSI
07-05-2003, 06:13 PM
Why is comparing the Cybernation and SFP kit a mistake? I really don't want to waste $4000 of my companies money on the wrong choice. I think we can all be adults here and share info about the kits-good or bad. I realize that there are two kits and two shops-but I didn't intend for conflict-and I am a little disappointed in it. I just want facts and proof, along with a company that wants to sell me a turbo.

ssvr6
07-05-2003, 06:39 PM
hey steve , any chance of you making it to the track tonight?? i think its midnight madness.

Nah. I spend the weekends with my family.

Steve

MotorMatrix.com
07-06-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by VBSI
Why is comparing the Cybernation and SFP kit a mistake? I really don't want to waste $4000 of my companies money on the wrong choice. I think we can all be adults here and share info about the kits-good or bad. I realize that there are two kits and two shops-but I didn't intend for conflict-and I am a little disappointed in it. I just want facts and proof, along with a company that wants to sell me a turbo.

I agree with you 100% on this too. the kit was just posted up there to show you guys the quality of it and that you have other options. you are a smart consumer for doing your research when making a huge purchase like this. dont buy somethign just cause its internet hyped. do your research and talk to everyone that has both kits before you buy. just my advice. good luck.

MotorMatrix.com
07-10-2003, 10:42 PM
once again i am not selling this kit and its not my car. just passing 1st hand info from the owner of sfp's mouth.

dyno #'s are in!!

the sfp turbo kit on the Ep hatch has laid down 250whp at 6psi. this is on stock fuel system, no return line. stock injectors, no fmu,no missing link, stock ecu, catalytic converter and smog legal. all fuel is controlled with an aeromotive fuel controller. fuel curve is flat and safe even on stock injectors. the clutch started to slip 6psi so tuning was stopped there. I would say thats very impressive for a completely stock fuel system other than an inline pump.

CSMsi311
07-11-2003, 01:24 AM
what is the duty cycle on the stock injectors? Although you say it is "safe" i would still be concerned. What is the fuel pressure? What is stock fuel pressure?

02SilverSiHB
07-11-2003, 04:33 AM
what is the duty cycle on the stock injectors? Although you say it is "safe" i would still be concerned. What is the fuel pressure? What is stock fuel pressure?
no kidding. I would want upgraded injectors no matter what. I'm guessing they are 250cc's

REVwheels
07-11-2003, 06:03 AM
stock injectors are 270cc.

02SilverSiHB
07-11-2003, 07:33 AM
stock injectors are 270cc.
well, that's not too bad. I think I'd rather have them at 290cc to just be safe. But if your A/F ratio is doing good, it must work just fine. I guess we'll know in a few months if your still running strong. I assume it's your car that motormatrix is talking about? I also like the fact you are getting those numbers with the cat and it's carb legal.

REVwheels
07-11-2003, 08:02 AM
be safe and just get the type-s injectors...they are 310 and the car will idle perfect. i am going to do the same later when i can get a deal on them cuz right now they are like 132.00 ea. pretty damn expensive. i took the car out last nite to a local hang out...can ran good. beat up a modded audi TT quattro. and an EG with an ls/vtec spraying nos. clutch slipped hard at about 5500rpm...

CSMsi311
07-11-2003, 08:17 AM
anyone know if injector duty cycle is calculated the same for returnless fuel systems?

this is from "Supercharged" by Corky Bell
cc/min = lbs/hr * 10.5

Injector rating in pounds per hour = max bhp *.55 / # of injectors

The .55 is a constant for BSFC (brake specific fuel consumption) for a supercharged engine. Another book i have says .53 for forced induction engines.

going by this standard. I assume the 250 hp is whp and not bhp. Standard transmission loose is around 15%. That gives you 295 bhp. By these equations, you'll need ~425 cc/min injectors if you are using the stock fuel pressure. Assuming these equations hold true for returnless fuel systems.

Out of curiousity, i ran the numbers for a stock si, 160 bhp, the BSFC would be less than .55 but for simplicy and I don't have that number in front of me; I'll stick with .55. I get ~230 cc/min injectors.

Finally, your injectors must pulse and the above numbers are for 100% duty cycle (no pulse). These numbers should be divided by your max. duty cycle you would want your injectors to operate at. Most people use 80% duty cycle.

REVwheels
07-11-2003, 02:42 PM
I will try to answer this a simply as possible,
The fuel system on the si consists of
310 cc additional fuel pump,
fuel managment unit.
the 310 cc injectors are approx
20% larger than the stock injectors
at the same fuel pressure as the stock
injectors thus allowing for the ability
to make more horse power because of the additional fuel.
the second part is the addtional fuel pump, which allows
the ability to increase fuel pressure & volume. the third
thing is the fuel managment box, which serves very much
like and fmu. as boost is read by the map sensor, it raises
fuel pressure to the injectors. by rasing fuel pressure &
volume to the injectors the injectors flow a much higher
rate of fuel to the cylinders, without raising the duty cycle
of the injector. And the last part of the fuel system is
the alc injection. this has several advantages the first
is that it also help richen the fuel mixture because of the
alc. for example as the turbo comes into boost we use
a fogger nozzle to spray alc into the manifold it not
only richens the fuel mixture because of the alc,
it also cools the air temp , to prevent detonation,
especially usefull on higher compression turbo applications. None of these
products are reinventing
the wheel, in the ford market they havent had return
lines since 97 and they have been using this type
of products to solve fuel problems. The alc, inj,
has been useded widely by the buick turbo market,
to allow them to run boost levels as high as 28psi,
on pump gas. and as for the injectors the reason
only use a 310 cc is that it is very close to the factory
size, factory computer can controll them with no problem
especially in closed loop where the factory computer
is trying to make the vehicle run at a certain a/r ratio.
If the injector size is increased substatially, then
they are not able to control them within the factory
limits, which means rough idles, high fuel consumption,
stalling, check engine codes ect.

CSMsi311
07-11-2003, 02:46 PM
so back to the previous question.
what is your fuel pressure set at (static) and what is the rising rate of the "fmu" box?

REVwheels
07-11-2003, 03:08 PM
so back to the previous question.
what is your fuel pressure set at (static) and what is the rising rate of the "fmu" box?

set at 55psi and the rising rate is 4 to 1.

CSMsi311
07-11-2003, 03:18 PM
is the second fuel pump inline or parallel?

REVwheels
07-11-2003, 03:37 PM
inline

abstrack
07-14-2003, 01:29 PM
all this makes no sense to me at all.... but i still want a turbo... can a newb si owner like me survive the turbo attention needed so my car will stay driveable and reliable......

another question.... i go to san diego and las vegas back and forth at least twice a month... would i still be able to do this if im turbo'd or would should i just start renting cars....( id really want me car to last so renting wouldnt be an issue)

wish i wouldve taken auto instead of comp programing `doh

REVwheels
07-14-2003, 02:10 PM
ill speak on my behalf....being that my car is on a stock ecu with no check engine lights or idling problems. there should be no reason why u cant use the car daily. but be honest with yourself. will you still drive it as if it were still stock? its a very hard thing to do. im constantly on the gas letting the wastegate rip. its fun. the whole car takes on a new attitude. as far as your long commutes....its hard to say. which ever kit you go with just make sure you get it installed properly. and keep the oil changes as religious as possible.

CSMsi311
07-15-2003, 03:19 PM
abstrack: learn as much as you can about how turbos work and most importantly how all the components work and how everything is related. If you just go into this with just a big wallet and no knowledge you will most likely end up with nothing but headaches.

Adding boost on a N/A car is not simple or cheap

Ocelaris
07-15-2003, 09:04 PM
Can anyone reccomend some reading material? For those of us who might want to learn about how all this stuff works? I have an autotech 101 book, but maybe there's some stuff online? Thanks

abstrack
07-15-2003, 09:15 PM
abstrack: learn as much as you can about how turbos work and most importantly how all the components work and how everything is related. If you just go into this with just a big wallet and no knowledge you will most likely end up with nothing but headaches.

Adding boost on a N/A car is not simple or cheap

doing that as we speak...or type:D

JThrasher79
07-15-2003, 10:14 PM
this is kind of off the subject but i saw the pic of REVwheel's car and i thought that it would be cool to mabie extend the filter piping to go through the whole like a injen cold air. i just thought that would look cool and colder air would keep the turbo temp down and give more power.

MotorMatrix.com
07-15-2003, 10:18 PM
too much piping will also cause some lag. you dont want to restrict the inlet from getting airflow. you ever notice how cold air intakes lose power down low and short ram make more tq. the low end tq is not something you can afford to lose in a honda.

CSMsi311
07-15-2003, 10:33 PM
"Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell is a great book to start with for turbos. I have "Supercharged!" by Corky Bell and it is a great book for supercharger information.

I also have "Forced Induction: Performance Tuning" by A. Graham Bell. This does not have as much "practical" information as Bell's books. I bought it thinking there was more information on actual tuning issues

03BlueEP3
07-16-2003, 07:06 AM
On behalf of Cybernation they have been working on K series motors for over a year and have turboed MANY of them with ONLY positive results in and out of the state. Yes Cybernation will ship you a kit and help the shop out doing the install if they need help. All the kits are tested on the streets in HARSH condition before they are let go to the public. These kits were designed to give you an awsome ammount of HP but still keep your car drivable everyday. Many hours of testing went into these kits to ensure a good ammount of HP within a safe condition. MANY dyno and street hours went into these kits and as stated before they are only getting stronger. The first RSX-S to ever be turboed by them is still running strong and is now being worked on with stage 3. All the cars are worked on and tuned inhouse and will not leave the shop untill they are running like they are supposed to be. The Cybernation K series turbo kit has been around for over a year and is only going to be getting stronger.

MotorMatrix.com
07-16-2003, 10:22 AM
HMMM.... I could swear the girl with the turbo rsx is on here 2nd or 3rd motor.maybe she wasnt the 1st car turboed but i dont think she is on her 1st motor. I could be wrong though.

02SilverSiHB
07-16-2003, 11:13 AM
HMMM.... I could swear the girl with the turbo rsx is on here 2nd or 3rd motor.maybe she wasnt the 1st car turboed but i dont think she is on her 1st motor. I could be wrong though.
I keep "hearing" about stories of cybernation blowing so many turbos..I'm going to see what I dig up...facts that is.

03BlueEP3
07-16-2003, 12:26 PM

Gean (the grl with the RSX) had one motor problem with her car. She was one of the testing cars and her problem was fixed and her car is running strong now.

MotorMatrix.com
07-16-2003, 12:34 PM
no problem. i wont argue. it seems as though cybernation has some pull on the forums and i'll end up banned if i tell any factual stories. so Pm me for any details or check the posts on http://motormatrix.zeroforum.com

by the way is it true that one of the rsx's caught fire a few weeks back from the rear turbo housing touching a line on the firewall?? just asking cause i wasnt sure if it was rumor??

ssvr6
07-16-2003, 12:53 PM
Relax with the "banning" crap please. :rolleyes:

No one's getting banned for expressing an opinion...as long I agree with it. ;) :p

Steve

MotorMatrix.com
07-16-2003, 12:58 PM
Relax with the "banning" crap please. :rolleyes:

No one's getting banned for expressing an opinion...as long I agree with it. ;) :p

Steve

no problem. i will try to stay as politically correct as possible:D

ssvr6
07-16-2003, 01:08 PM

no problem. i will try to stay as politically correct as possible:D

And by that you mean "I will type exactly what Steve want's me to."

:)

Steve

EPHatchgirl
07-16-2003, 01:34 PM
Nice, Steve, nice...:D

03BlueEP3
07-16-2003, 01:45 PM
no problem. i wont argue. it seems as though cybernation has some pull on the forums and i'll end up banned if i tell any factual stories. so Pm me for any details or check the posts on http://motormatrix.zeroforum.com

by the way is it true that one of the rsx's caught fire a few weeks back from the rear turbo housing touching a line on the firewall?? just asking cause i wasnt sure if it was rumor??

Yes that is true but the kid was running a RevHard turbo kit. We fixed the whole car and put in one of our Cybernation Turbo Kits. Nice Try.

REVwheels
07-16-2003, 02:27 PM
ohh boy.....

03BlueEP3
07-16-2003, 02:49 PM
ohh boy.....

Can I ask what do you mean by "ohh boy ....."

REVwheels
07-16-2003, 03:09 PM
ofcourse you can ask why. i was in reference to the potential arguement that is brewing up. no need to take offense man, its in good spirits. i personally dont care about the beef. just think its entertaining.

03BlueEP3
07-16-2003, 06:16 PM
no no no no, I wasn't taking ANY offense, I just wanted to know what you were refuring to when you said ohh boy.

Mike from MotorMatrix was just trying to start shit with the whole RSX on fire thing and trying to make it look like it was one of Cybernation's Kits, it was RevHards kit and they also paid to fix most of the damage from the fire. Cybernation just did most of the work and then put in a Cybernation turbo kit becuse the kid still wants boost. I know Mike from the MotorMatrix website we have had a lot of words on there about Cybernation this and cybernation that.

The Cybernation turbo kit may not be the BEST looking kit around, but it does look nice, it does put down good numbers, and as proven the car is GREAT to run EVERYDAY.

REVwheels
07-17-2003, 08:07 AM
do you work there?

03BlueEP3
07-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Yes.

Just some FYI that RSX that got on fire becasue of the RevHard kit, it put down 360-370 on Cybernations Stage II Turbo Kit today.

REVwheels
07-17-2003, 03:19 PM
is that to the wheel? and what does a stage II consist of?

03BlueEP3
07-17-2003, 03:49 PM
Yes that was to the wheels. It maxed out at 371whp and averaged at 365whp. Stage II consist of 60-1 Turbonetics Turbo, Pistons and Rods and boost around 20psi.

REVwheels
07-17-2003, 04:07 PM
thats a lot of boost . i would think i maybe woulda had more power. does the car have an aftermarket clutch? im not knocking, those gains are impressive. but on 20psi, those numbers sound low.

03BlueEP3
07-17-2003, 04:29 PM
Yes we up graded clutch. Why would you say 370ish is low for 20lbs?

REVwheels
07-17-2003, 05:08 PM
actually i did the math....its actually a decent number. @6psi i gained an extra 115 whp. then the clutch died. anyways...what clutch did they use...im in the market still.

03BlueEP3
07-17-2003, 05:25 PM
To be honest I don't remember and I don't wanna just start throwing shit out. I will find out for sure and let you know. I think clutch masters but I may be wrong so I'll get back to you.

ssvr6
07-17-2003, 05:27 PM
Most likely a CM stage 4.

Steve

02SilverSiHB
07-17-2003, 05:39 PM
How many of you have experience with clutchmaster? I hated that damn thing. I had a stage 2 with pressure plate. It was on or off, and engaged terribly :(

wunluv
07-20-2003, 10:02 AM

Whats up everyone? I read this forum every now and then, but never felt the need to post untill now. First of all, I am Jean (please note spelling LOL). And I think I can help clear up this rumor since it is my car this guy is talking about. My car=one of Cybernation's 2 test cars BTW.

Mike, I have never met you before and I don't want any beef. I would just like to let everyone know the truth. I have been hearing these rumors for a couple months now and I'm not sure who dreamed up that information, but it is WAY off. I'm using the same motor I have been since my turbo has been installed. Same=1 motor, not 3. I had a problem early in the testing/development phase of the kit that was solved over a year ago. That is why my car is a TEST car, so any problems could be solved before the kit was released.

I beat on my car everyday and have been for over a year. I don't have ANY problems with the turbo kit. My only problem now is my shitty clutch. I have a new one waiting for me, will have it in by the end of the month hopefully.

There you have it, actuall facts not fabricated BS rumors. If anyone has any questions about my car feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my ability. I'm not on this forum a lot though so it may take me a while to respond.

;)

03BlueEP3
07-20-2003, 05:53 PM
actually i did the math....its actually a decent number. @6psi i gained an extra 115 whp. then the clutch died. anyways...what clutch did they use...im in the market still.

For stage II we use a Clutch Master Stage 4 Clutch and a Cybernation 8.5lb Fyl Wheel.

03BlueEP3
07-20-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by wunluv

Whats up everyone? I read this forum every now and then, but never felt the need to post untill now. First of all, I am Jean (please note spelling LOL). And I think I can help clear up this rumor since it is my car this guy is talking about. My car=one of Cybernation's 2 test cars BTW.

Mike, I have never met you before and I don't want any beef. I would just like to let everyone know the truth. I have been hearing these rumors for a couple months now and I'm not sure who dreamed up that information, but it is WAY off. I'm using the same motor I have been since my turbo has been installed. Same=1 motor, not 3. I had a problem early in the testing/development phase of the kit that was solved over a year ago. That is why my car is a TEST car, so any problems could be solved before the kit was released.

I beat on my car everyday and have been for over a year. I don't have ANY problems with the turbo kit. My only problem now is my shitty clutch. I have a new one waiting for me, will have it in by the end of the month hopefully.

There you have it, actuall facts not fabricated BS rumors. If anyone has any questions about my car feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my ability. I'm not on this forum a lot though so it may take me a while to respond.

;)

Thanks for posting Jean!
(sorry about the mis-spell on the name)