PDA

View Full Version : Magnaflow Exhaust

ilikecheeeze
06-30-2003, 08:31 AM
Well i finally got my exhaust, i installed it on sat. afternoon, not difficult at all to put on, taking it off, is another thing, the bolts were extremely hard to get off, but i was finally able to get them off, the other hard thing to take off was the rubber hangers, but eventually with enough pulling them came off, install took like 30 mins. very easy and straight forward, the exhaust sounds great, nice deep low tone, once u get on the freeway, or hit bout 5000, it gets quiete and all u can hear is the intake and engine, very nice exhaust, very happy with this buy...as far as performance goes, i can feel just a little bit more power, website says 10hp gain but i dont know bout that, i can feel a little more top-end, but either way it was a great buy. post some pics when i have time

glw
06-30-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by ilikecheeeze
Well i finally got my exhaust, i installed it on sat. afternoon, not difficult at all to put on, taking it off, is another thing, the bolts were extremely hard to get off, but i was finally able to get them off, the other hard thing to take off was the rubber hangers, but eventually with enough pulling them came off, install took like 30 mins. very easy and straight forward, the exhaust sounds great, nice deep low tone, once u get on the freeway, or hit bout 5000, it gets quiete and all u can hear is the intake and engine, very nice exhaust, very happy with this buy...as far as performance goes, i can feel just a little bit more power, website says 10hp gain but i dont know bout that, i can feel a little more top-end, but either way it was a great buy. post some pics when i have time i've had my magnaflow on for about a month now and mine is still pretty loud in the cabin (but not outside), especially cruising on the freeway. i was curious about yours, is it loud? i wonder if they made any changes...

the dyno that magnaflow did on my car shows about a 10hp increase at 5000rpm and a 5-10hp improvement across the entire rpm range. the torque shows a 5-15ft-lb increase across the rpm range with 15ft-lb increase at about 2700 and 5000.

here are some pictures of mine in another thread (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14965&perpage=15&pagenumber=2#post165416).

Si02
07-02-2003, 12:24 PM
I'm very happy with my MagnaFlow exhaust. I need to get those two huge bolts grinded down so I can stop scraping everytime I pull out of my driveway.

Shadow EP3
07-02-2003, 06:05 PM
I just bought one off ebay, haven't receive it yet, any pics to share? Also got me a hp header.