PDA

View Full Version : How are they?

Brettnyt
06-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Does anyone know about Nankang NS-2 tires? They look nice and expensive, but how good are they? Wet/dry traction? Reliability? Durability? Is Nankang reputable? All help is appreciated.. :)

Brettnyt
06-30-2003, 06:32 PM
Oh yeah, here is a pic of the tread pattern... http://www.seffects.com/images/products/NANns2.jpg

chunky
06-30-2003, 06:39 PM
a friend of mine had nankang tires and hated them. he said they went out of round if the car sat parked for more than a day.

they were great at first, until he let his car sit over a weekend - when he came back, the tires were out of round and vibrated like a mofo and couldn't be balanced (out of round tires can't be balanced).

i wouldn't reccomend them.

if you're looking for a high performance quality tire that won't break the bank, the kumho ecsta MX is shaping up to be the tire of choice. awesome compound, very resistant to heat, adequate rain performance (not great), and very stiff sidewalls.

Brettnyt
06-30-2003, 06:59 PM
My point is, these would come on a set of wheels... i dont get to choose the tires, just wanna know how reliable they are, are they worth it... etc... Are you sure he had the NS-2's or did he have the NS-1's? I have been reading that the NS-II's grip well and have a long life... any others?

ep pilot
06-30-2003, 07:23 PM
That is the exact tire that came on my car new, right off the showroom floor that is. My car had some fake 5/zigen style 18"'s and those tires, exactly one week into ownership, it rained really bad causing some of the manholes to pop up about 1/2" I hit one at about 35 mph, otherwise causing the tire to shread, destroying the tire & wheel and severly knocking the cars alignment out of wack. The tires had the worst ride and noise I have ever tolerated whilst driving an automobile, they also wondered about the freeway, and would cause the car to track and crease or crack in the road. I give them four thumbs down, poor tire, would not even reccomend to my worst enemy.

-Ryan

Brettnyt
06-30-2003, 07:27 PM
woah.... thanks.... so they are worse than the stock si tires?

ep pilot
06-30-2003, 09:57 PM
Not sure how the stock Michelins MXV4 195/65's are, never ran them, as my car had after-market rubber on it from the dealer, but I am running stock Honda (Enkies) on 205/55/ Pirellis now, the Perellies have been on since last Nov, I auto-X and drive spiritedly all the time so they are damn-near bald in the back and about 35% up front, They are only marginally better than the previous tires.

Ihave a set of 205/ 55/ ZR Potenzas RE750's on order through the Tirerack right now.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p135077c062431c27b843ad9c10cea266/fbd169d2.jpg

BTW the wheels on the car now are ugly as sin, but are only 15lbs and work out great for auto-X

SinisterCivicSi
07-01-2003, 06:25 AM
not sure if you care, but i got the falken ziex tires on my 17's and i love them. they are quieter than stock tires as far as road noise and z rated, handle turns great, have had no probs with them. they were pretty "cheap" too...i got them for 96 bucks each and free shipping on discounttiredirect.com