PDA

View Full Version : neuspeed springs

the JigGa mAn
06-30-2003, 07:15 PM
whats the drop on our cars with the neuspeed springs...how stiff are they?? and can our stock shocks handle them???? the reason i ask is b/c if i wanna show at the chicago HIN i wanna atleast have a drop with some 16" rims...and maybe a CAI...so tell me what you think..neuspeed or progress...pros and cons please

edit: can some of you guys with drops post pics?? i wanna see what would look better a 2.0" drop or a 1.5" drop..

edit #2: what do you think about the Tein springs?

siver-SI
06-30-2003, 08:25 PM
Take a look at Chris's car he has some shots on this site and deepspeed. He has the neuspeeds if I remeber right with a 2 inch drop.

JapanExpress
06-30-2003, 09:53 PM
who is Chris???

siver-SI
07-01-2003, 04:12 AM
Chrisbgft.

SinisterCivicSi
07-01-2003, 06:12 AM
i got the neuspeed race w/ the 2" drop.... i love it!

i also have 17's and it looks great. i would suggest if you want an aggressive drop on your 16's get the 2 in drop. i knew 1.5 wouldnt do it cause i had a huge gap.
i am on stock suspension other than the neuspeeds, it runs fine, other than on a bad road, its rough. thats because of the amount of the drop and how heavy the car is.
all depends on your taste....here is a pic. there are more pics on my members rides page.

Chrisbgft
07-01-2003, 07:03 AM
yep, i have the neuspeeds. i was at the ACA show u were at. The drop is great..but the ride is terrible! everytime u hit a bump u feel like your car is falling apart. Go with Progress...hopefully they are softer than the neuspeed..

SinisterCivicSi
07-01-2003, 11:07 AM
well it doesnt feel that bad......depends on how fast your going i guess. i dont know anything about the progress springs. i guess they are ok.

oh and another thing - going over a speed bump depending on how high they are can be a challenge, the bottem of my car bumped the speedbump but i was going super slow so no damage. if i had been going fast, i can imagine it would have been alot worse. but then again, in the lowered world you learn real quick to drive slow when there are big bumps (or speed bumps) in sight. lol

the JigGa mAn
07-01-2003, 12:19 PM
so far im learining alot...does anyone know anything about the tein springs...b/c they are about the same price as the neuspeed ones and id be getting full tein suspension kit in the future...i just want a drop right now for HIN comming up

Chrisbgft
07-01-2003, 12:31 PM
if u have the money for the FULL suspension..GET IT. It hugs corners like no other. Its seriously unbelievable. One of our old crew members had it and all i can say is wow..

SinisterCivicSi
07-01-2003, 01:19 PM
ephatchgirl has teins..... pm her. i am pretty sure she loves hers.