PDA

View Full Version : hondata/ jrsc

ephatchback
07-01-2003, 03:05 AM
Does anyone know FOR SURE if we can run hondata 8g ecu flash w/ jrsc? Is this the flash that jackson racing is recomending w/ the blower? Or is that a dif' one?
I really want an 8g redline, but I don't want to sacrafice any major power adders to get it. I don't like all motor setups because of the shitty drivability. I want to go w/ a clean forced induction setup, and have the extra 900 revs to be able to compete w/ REAL honda engines. Not to start any riots or anything, but I am really dissapointed in the I-vtec/ fuel cutoff system we got stuck with.
Sorry if I sound whiney, it's late.

P.S. Sorry for the long post, but does the flash react well to n/a internal upgrades, cams ect..?
I basically want to know what the max amount of mods are that we can use w/ the flash. I don't want to get stuck w/ only being able to use 3 or 4 bolt-ons and nothing else.i/h/e ect. I want to at least be able to pull 300hp out of this motor before I'm done fucking with it.

dustinhurley
07-01-2003, 06:25 AM
There will be 2 version of the JRSC, a street and a race. To my understanding, the street version cannot be used with the Hondata N/A flash. This is why they made a race version. For $1,000 more, you get bigger injectors and a flash program designed by Hondata specially for the JRSC. To address a certain concern, JR is considering offering a rebate/discount to those who want the race kit, but have already purchased Hondata's N/A flash. A good place to get info is www.clubrsx.com. There is a Jackson Racing employee that recently joined that forum, and is answering a lot of concerns people have and clearing a lot up. Here a link: Thread (http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?threadid=89388)

ephatchback
07-01-2003, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the info.