PDA

View Full Version : finally got my hks sri!

Blackapino85
07-01-2003, 10:26 PM
i finally got my hks sri from fedex today. i waited two weeks for it cuz they spelled my street wrong and didn't know wut to do. i got it on in about an hour and a half. i took my time cuz it was my first engine mod so i wanted to get it on right. taking out the factory airbox and stuff is kinda a bitch but all went well. i turned the engine on and my first impression was that it didn't sound any different except for a sucking sound when i pressed the gas a little. then i took it for a spin. it was so damn loud when i hit 4000rpm and there was no power drop between shifts. i can tell the acceleration picked up a bit too. it brought a smile to my face. all of the posts that i read about this INTAKE from the people that have it are true. it really lives up to the hks name of quality and performance. i'd recommend this to anyone.:D

kpxplaya415
07-02-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Blackapino85
i finally got my hks sri from fedex today. i waited two weeks for it cuz they spelled my street wrong and didn't know wut to do. i got it on in about an hour and a half. i took my time cuz it was my first engine mod so i wanted to get it on right. taking out the factory airbox and stuff is kinda a bitch but all went well. i turned the engine on and my first impression was that it didn't sound any different except for a sucking sound when i pressed the gas a little. then i took it for a spin. it was so damn loud when i hit 4000rpm and there was no power drop between shifts. i can tell the acceleration picked up a bit too. it brought a smile to my face. all of the posts that i read about this exhaust from the people that have it are true. it really lives up to the hks name of quality and performance. i'd recommend this to anyone.:D

yeah... it's called an intake hence: Short Ram Intake

But anyways nice buy!

furious
07-02-2003, 04:10 AM
where u buy it from/price?

is it just noticeable or unnecessarily/annoyingly loud? I'm thinking of one for its price, but I don't want to drown out the stereo and have my gf bitch at me after a 2 hour trip going 80..:(

PBN
07-02-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by furious
where u buy it from/price?

is it just noticeable or unnecessarily/annoyingly loud? I'm thinking of one for its price, but I don't want to drown out the stereo and have my gf bitch at me after a 2 hour trip going 80..:(

Where's that 6th gear when you need it? :D

Blackapino85
07-02-2003, 08:54 AM
whoops, i was wrote this at 2am so i was pretty wasted. my bad, just to make it clear it's an intake not an exhaust hahah! no it's not annoyingly loud. it just sounds more powerful from about 3000rpm on up. if ur cruising at 80 the road noise will probably be louder than the intake, especially if u have the stereo on. but if u pass a car on the gas u will definately hear it. as for the price, i got mine from showstoppersusa for $170 shipped. just make sure u say ur street address very clearly or it will take u 2 weeks to get delivered like me.

irrational
07-02-2003, 09:52 PM
got pics mofo? i should not even have to ask this question man. from now on if u install something u need to post pics of the shit. this goes for eveyone;)

Blackapino85
07-03-2003, 06:06 PM
take it ez buddy! if i had a digital cam i'd post it. my freind does however and we took some pics and a short vid. i will be posting them as soon as he gives them 2 me.

Blackapino85
07-03-2003, 06:09 PM
try this