PDA

View Full Version : actual spring rates?????

DTR
07-02-2003, 11:47 AM
i was just wondering , cus im trying to decide which springs to buy to lower my car, but what are the actual spring rates? i know theres a post up where they are stated, but im not sure if those rates take into consideration the springs "settling" in more. i lowered mie old car ('92 civic) with eibach prokits and it lowered a whole 2", mie brothers GSR has neuspeed sports and it lowered a 1/2" lowere than the stated drop.....i was just wondering cus i dont want to do that much of a drop, im not into the slammed look i just want to shorten the wheel gap.....oh if anieone has pics of EP's on eibach pro-kit & sportlines can u please post som pics up....

Burgh
07-02-2003, 12:39 PM
I'm a little confused. Are you talking about ride height or spring rates? If I read your question right, you're interested in ride height, not spring rates (which have to do with how stiff the springs are and how much load it takes to compress them).

In terms of ride height, I haven't heard any complaints about spring kits for our cars having the problem that you're referring to.