PDA

View Full Version : Another Intake question..pls help.

smapzy
07-02-2003, 12:03 PM
Ok, I'm in the market to buy an Air Intake, but after reading so many things (ice-box, CAI, SRI.....) I'm totally lost. All I know is, I don't want no cheapo e-bay intake, I can spend about 250 for one and this is the only Mod I'm gonna do for now, Any idea?:)

BlackFL2k2Si
07-02-2003, 02:17 PM
I would save about 30 more bucks and get the Icebox. Yum:D

Zigen5
07-02-2003, 03:30 PM
I say go for a AEM CAI!!! Its only $200 and you really feel the difference! Plus you have $50 to go towards something else..:)

jerky
07-02-2003, 04:04 PM
get the aem CAI or the injen CAI or save some money and get the icebox. whichever one you will get you will be pleased. topic over.

EPTree
07-02-2003, 09:16 PM
Injen CAI cuz I'm biased

SychoSly
07-03-2003, 05:54 AM
I say go with the injen. I got mine, and I love it.

YOu can keep it quiet, then when you punch it, it opens up like a monster.

I got mine from www.nopi.com

ta2dSi
07-03-2003, 09:29 AM
I want to get the race division one. but I want to know where the filter is going to be before I buy it. I think the short tubes are a little ridiculous since it is sucking hot air from the engine, and not really a true cold air intake. So if I am gonna get one, I want the one the sucks the air from the air that is coming into the engine compartment.

If anyone knows, please PM me or something cuz I wanna order this thing quick. (got money in my pocket and it is burning!)

Jason

jerky
07-03-2003, 09:37 AM
injen and aem both drop down their filter in the bumper, behind the bumper lense i would estimate.

ta2dSi
07-03-2003, 09:53 AM
I just wanna know for sure since I really don't want to be getting hot air into the intake. I was thinking of putting some thermocouples in that area and also in the throttle body, record them with and without, but before I do, I wanna know for sure where the filter is placed. I hope that someone here has one and give me a little insight.

Jason

smapzy
07-06-2003, 01:35 AM
Thanx guys, I think I'll get the comptech Icebox....;) For people who has it, can you really tell the power different? and how loud will it be?

ta2dSi
07-06-2003, 08:32 AM
I hope I don't get flamed for this, but it is my understanding that the air filter for the injen, K and N, and AEM are the type that you can wash out and reuse.

I am hoping so, but if someone knows, please let me know!
Thanks in advance!

Jason
MindChip Industries

02SilverSiHB
07-06-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by ta2dSi
I hope I don't get flamed for this, but it is my understanding that the air filter for the injen, K and N, and AEM are the type that you can wash out and reuse.

I am hoping so, but if someone knows, please let me know!
Thanks in advance!

Jason
MindChip Industries
yes, both aem and injen use a K&N filter that you can clean and reuse.
The difference in the AEM and INJEN CAI's are how they go down to the inside of the front bumper. I didn't like AEM because it passed infront of the radiator and even presses up against one of the hot ass hoses. The Injen totally avoids that and keeps from the heat soak.

ta2dSi
07-06-2003, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the quick response! That is awesome news since I had a K and N filter on my 02 Nissan Frontier, and still hav ethe cleaning kit and all. I will be ordering mine from Nopi tomorrow.
(I can't wait!)

Jason
MindChip Industries

Jodster
07-06-2003, 11:57 AM
I just ordered a Injen CAI from ShowstopperUSA for $210 shipped. I can't wait till it gets here!!