PDA

View Full Version : Do Canadian EPs have DRLs?

SiMPLE_SiMON
07-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Does anyone from Canada know if the SiRs have daytime running lights there? If so, does anyone know if it's just a plug-in module that will work with the US cars?

I know that it's not the coolest mod in the world, but I'd really like to have factory DRLs.

I just picked up my 03 Black Si with SSRS today. Planned mods are Superleggeras, I/H/E (preferably in Ti), Hondata and aluminum coilovers. :)

SiR Medic
07-02-2003, 04:03 PM
Yup, Canadian SiRs have DRLs...

And no... They aren't that cool. They are just the hi-beams at reduced power, and they give off a dull orange glow.

As far as plug-in modules, I think you should be able to get them at any Pep-boys or any other larger parts stores.

myeverlovinsir
07-02-2003, 04:10 PM
I think you have the ability to run DRL's if you choose. There was
a post on this a while back. Seem to remember that it required
a fuse for the connection to run in the Si. hth

SiMPLE_SiMON
07-02-2003, 04:59 PM
Thanks. The search feature hasn't been working for about a day now, otherwise I would have done that first.

I'll try and look back manually and see if I can find any topics relating to DRLs.

mental
07-02-2003, 06:10 PM
just turn you fuken headlights on when you get in the car... if it bothers you that much and if you dont have them then guess what you dont need them... i have a feeling they have them in canada for 2 reasons 1. the have alot of overcast days where there are a lot of clouds and 2. because of safety reasons that the government requires.. lol just a thought

SiMPLE_SiMON
07-02-2003, 06:17 PM
You must be a genius. I can't believe that I didn't think of your simple solution. Don't just stay in this forum, share your gift of knowledge with the world. :p

mental
07-02-2003, 08:12 PM
i mean duh... lol it only works!!! by the way i am related to einstien, god, the iventor of computers, and bill gates lol... thats why i am soo smart!!!:D

Loudpedal
07-02-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by mental
...1. the have alot of overcast days where there are a lot of clouds and 2. because of safety reasons that the government requires.. lol just a thought

Negative on point 1., however, all cars sold in Canada since model year 1990 were required to have DRL's (similar to all cars from model year 1986 requiring the third brake light also).

mental
07-05-2003, 05:38 PM
:D