PDA

View Full Version : do they sell the SI In United States in RED?

MasterVTEC
07-02-2003, 04:25 PM
hey guys i only see black white blue and silver here in the states, do people just buy the car and get a paint job right after or does im come red stock?

SinisterCivicSi
07-02-2003, 04:27 PM
no sir the red is only available for the sir in canada and basically ANYWHERE other than the us. it sucks. if you want red, you gotta get it painted that way.

spydur
07-02-2003, 07:07 PM
I wish someone from HONDA USA's marketing department would say why MILANO RED is not available in the US. I bet the sales of the Si would increase if MILANO RED was available.

Its like they have special restrictive rules for their largest market!

Could it be that red cars attract more police, i.e. more speeding tickets - therefore higher insurance rates?

I'D SURE LIKE TO KNOW!

SinisterCivicSi
07-02-2003, 07:24 PM
i dunno either, cause the red is awsome lookin on the ep's....

if i had to choose, i would have rathered a red one over a blue one. no offense to any blue ep owners out there.

MasterVTEC
07-02-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
i dunno either, cause the red is awsome lookin on the ep's....

if i had to choose, i would have rathered a red one over a blue one. no offense to any blue ep owners out there.

heh i got a blue one! no offense taken because im with you on that one!!!! red before blue but there is no red so gotta go with blue!

irrational
07-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by spydur
I wish someone from HONDA USA's marketing department would say why MILANO RED is not available in the US. I bet the sales of the Si would increase if MILANO RED was available.

Its like they have special restrictive rules for their largest market!

Could it be that red cars attract more police, i.e. more speeding tickets - therefore higher insurance rates?

I'D SURE LIKE TO KNOW!

Yeah man red would be tight. honda is weird like that and always will be.....unless you move to JDMland

BSEVEER
07-03-2003, 10:02 AM
Yea, I really wished they came in red too. I almost didn't get one because of it.

RacingCivicSi02
07-04-2003, 01:48 AM
I would get milano red over any color. Milano red and candy apple red is sexy. but since there is no red ep in the states. i guess ill stick with my white ep.

AlBlueCar
07-04-2003, 09:10 AM
How much do you think it would be to get it painted red? I love blue, but red is THE color for the EP3.

VBSI
07-04-2003, 09:49 AM
I have blue as well, and it is a pretty good color on the EP. I have to agree that if the red one was out, it would be in my driveway.

SinisterCivicSi
07-04-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by AlBlueCar
How much do you think it would be to get it painted red? I love blue, but red is THE color for the EP3.

i dunno. i have had my old civic painted the same color at a certian maaco that does awsome work and that was 250 for the whole car, including clear coat and a 4 year warranty. i havent done the color change thing. i know thru honda its expensive. i wanna get custom paint for my baby once i get a kit, but thats not until at least a year or two down the road. (dont worry- no flames)

Team
07-04-2003, 10:15 AM

It all depends on how good of paint you want and the type of job you want, changing colors on a car is one of the hardest things a painter has to go through which means it will cost a lot more.

Adam

icegrill
07-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Yeah they sell red. They just keep them hidden out back. C'mon man get with the program. :rolleyes:

SmoothOperator
07-04-2003, 01:24 PM
I think the only reason you all want red, is cause it's not available to you. Canadians aren't going all crazy over the Milano Red EP. It does look nice. But I don't think it blows away the other colours... *cough* WHITE *cough*

SinisterCivicSi
07-04-2003, 01:25 PM
nice sublimital hint there smoothie! lol

graham
07-04-2003, 01:52 PM
well - there were lots of red ones available when I was looking ... I never really considered red ... mostly because I'm not into looking too flashy. This may just be the Canadian way :)

I really wanted a white one, but there were none available ... silver isn't so bad :)

SinisterCivicSi
07-04-2003, 01:53 PM
dam right its not so bad!! its FREAKIN beautiful!

AlBlueCar
07-04-2003, 02:31 PM
I kinda wish I had gotten white now so I could
1) Get a factory painted Type-R kit
2) Blend in with the snow in winter
3) Make all my scratches less visible
4) Be the only white car in my family's history
5) And not have to clean my car so much because my car is currently brown due to the fifteen minute rain shower we had yesterday.

But I like blue anyways, it's rewarding in its own way

JLannoo
07-04-2003, 02:38 PM
I kinda wish I had gotten white now so I could
1) Get a factory painted Type-R kit

Type-R is championship white
SI/SIR is Taffeta white

You would of needed it repainted anyways ;)

icegrill
07-04-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
dam right its not so bad!! its FREAKIN beautiful!

Wait till(if) you have to have any paint work done to it. Then it will be complete shit. Silver=never again.

SinisterCivicSi
07-04-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by icegrill

Wait till(if) you have to have any paint work done to it. Then it will be complete shit. Silver=never again.

thats why if i do need any work from like an accident....i will go to a honda dealer and let them paint. you dont know the power of a woman that can complain when shit aint right. the crv my husband had when we were dating took a while to get fixed but due to my complaining and not settling for shit.....it was back to beautiful shape before the accident, and the loser tech that kept f--in with us lost his job.

i dont accept the car until its where i want it to be, its called customer service. and if they dont handle it, call you insurance company, they will send a rep out and make them follow procedure. ;)