PDA

View Full Version : heated mirrors?

SinisterCivicSi
07-02-2003, 04:31 PM
i saw in the manual when i first got my car about heated mirrors, is that an sir feature? i am ALL about gettin that..... can you get aftermarket ones? i really like my oem mirrors - anyone got any ideas if this is a possible mirror i can buy or what..... thanks

EPHatchgirl
07-02-2003, 04:34 PM
I am pretty sure it is for the SIR, so I would HOPE that they would be plug n play.... cold Canadian climates, eh?;)

I could use them down here in MD!!

golferjn
07-02-2003, 05:03 PM
yup, heated mirrors would be nice

SiRRider
07-02-2003, 05:21 PM
It is a Canadian Feature and Yes I am sure its just plug and play. That is the great thing about Honda, everything is just plug and play. I had a 97 lx before this car and it didnt have a Tach so I just bought a stock Tack out of an ex and pluged it in and presto!!

SiRRider
07-02-2003, 05:25 PM
To be honest with you, I have only used the heated mirrors option on my car once. Up here the weather is 10 times worse in the winter. It took 1/2 inch of freezing rain to use them.

SinisterCivicSi
07-02-2003, 05:42 PM
yeah but we have alot of fog in the mornings and misty conditions with humidity so the mirrors are a bitch in the morning. i am on major roads all the time and i HAVE to have my mirrors visible to see the rejects trying to cut me off when i merge. i hate having to start my car and have to get out to wipe off the passenger mirror with a tissue or just bare fingers in the morning cause i cant see.

plus where i live is considered marshy land, not sure if that contributes to the problem.

SinisterCivicSi
07-02-2003, 05:43 PM
hey sirrider you wanna trade mirrors?? lol

SmoothOperator
07-02-2003, 06:24 PM
I posted this pic on another thread recently. But I'll put it here too just to give you "heated mirror envy".
There's the button!! ooooooo ahhhhhh

http://www3.sympatico.ca/tyler1975/images/P4110012.jpg

SinisterCivicSi
07-02-2003, 07:16 PM
i hate you smoothie...... :rolleyes:

i wanna buy/ trade some but i need that little button thingy too

BarracksSi
07-02-2003, 08:04 PM
I've seen JDM electrically-folding mirrors for sale (I even remember getting into a discussion on a thread, wondering if folding mirrors would fold back to avoid damage if a pedestrian bumped into 'em -- which, apparently, they do).

Heated mirrors are around for the EP, too? Well, shoot, I'll have to do some more thinking. I've wanted to do two things to the exterior: CTR taillights (I want amber turn signals, doggone it!), and folding mirrors (my driver's side mirror got bumped by a passing car.. it survived, but it would have been nicer being out of harm's way in the first place). Heated mirrors would certainly be nice, too.

Bleah... more cash to save... good thing I got promoted yesterday! :)

steve_jones
07-03-2003, 02:47 AM
Ive got heated mirrors, but they dont fold, I would love heated folding mirrors :)

Steve

TrippZ
07-03-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by steve_jones
Ive got heated mirrors, but they dont fold, I would love heated folding mirrors :)

Steve

this fool has a type r, AND heated mirrors, and he's still not happy.

steve_jones
07-03-2003, 10:31 AM
Im never happy !!!!

ha ha

Steve

SiRRider
07-07-2003, 04:31 PM
Hey SinisterCivicSi I would trade you if my car was older but I cant stand to rip it apart when its so new. I guess you are going to have to find another sucker. HAHAH

SiR Medic
07-07-2003, 05:48 PM
Just what are you willing to trade for heated mirrors... hmmmmm?
;)

I got 'em... And I use 'em! A lot! I love em!:*

SinisterCivicSi
07-07-2003, 06:01 PM
oh screw you both! lol

you just GOTTA rub it in dont you!!???

not fair! (pouting)

RMC22
07-07-2003, 06:47 PM
Folding mirrors are a gimmick (and a cool one at that) but why do you need them to keep your mirrors from getting bumped? Why not get out and manually fold them in if you're that concerned?

BarracksSi
07-07-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
oh screw you both! lol

you just GOTTA rub it in dont you!!???

not fair! (pouting)

I'm not gonna say a WORD....

:p :p :p

As far as electrically folding mirrors, it's a bit more convenient than doing it manually, especially for the passenger side.

I didn't think I would want to do that with mine until I got to visit Paris a few weeks ago. Parking around there is VERY tight (our EPs would be larger than average!), and pretty much every street was quite narrow. I was surprised at how many crunched mirrors I saw that would've been preserved if they were folded in.

hamproof
07-07-2003, 07:22 PM
I would prefer auto-dimming and heated mirrors. Powered folding not necessary in big old America where the roads are wide and parking spots are big.

Suk02Si
07-07-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by hamproof
...big old America where the roads are wide and parking spots are big.

not big enough for the tanks people are driving around these days:D