PDA

View Full Version : iVTEC light???

NBP_03Si
07-02-2003, 06:33 PM
this is gonna sound crazy, but i am bore and i was thinking if i can make a iVTEC light. does anybody know if i can "clip" a wire to the iVTEC wire?
if so, what is the color of the wire?

like for example, the green/yellow wired in the cars with VTEC

ep pilot
07-02-2003, 06:56 PM
Somehow I don't think it would work like you want it to on a K20 series motor, as our cars use the i-vtec system at all times. Basically right of of idle our car uses it's varible assist valve timing to adjust the car for economy and vise versa for wide open throttle. I think the light would always be on until you turn the car off? Mabey I don't know what the hell I am talking about, but I don't think it would work like it did when you hooked one up to a B-series mill???;) I duno, try it and tell us?

-Ryan

myeverlovinsir
07-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Well, you could tap into the VTEC solenoid wiring to get a light
when it engages at 2200 rpms. The VTC control would be moot.
Don't quite know what this would achieve, but that is one way.:confused:

SinisterCivicSi
07-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Jujeracing.com makes vtec lights - i wanted one for my car but they said that its not compatable with our i-vtec because we have added computer features or something like that and it wont work, it would interfere with something. i dont remember exactly what they said other than it was a no-go for our eps.

unless you can find a way around it, but they already tried. they make them for just about any other model civic w/ vtec.

BlasTech
07-03-2003, 07:16 AM
Our good friend SilverStream in the East has one in going in his Stream. He gave me the following notes, but I havent tried it yet.

B22 pin w/ a 330ohm resistor before the 12V LED. the yellow/green cable from the ECU.

Some LEDs you can get dont need resistors.

ApexinSi
07-03-2003, 08:01 AM
VTEC is on all the time yo... so if u had a light...it'd just stay on. why would u want blinking lights anyways?... it's like as annoying as a shift light. (my buddy has one in his new car)...hahhahaahah

SinisterCivicSi
07-03-2003, 09:24 AM
oh it would blink?? oh hell nah thats annoying.....glad i didnt get one (if it were available).