PDA

View Full Version : Custom Piping

SilVic
07-02-2003, 11:57 PM
Do you think I could buy the manifold and piping by itself? Also does anyone know what the manifold looks like? Thanks

ssvr6
07-03-2003, 04:36 AM
I don't see why not. The manifold "basically" looks like a header with a flange on it for the turbo.

Then you have to have all of the piping made which may cost a pretty penny if someone has to figure out all of the bends and shtuff.

Steve

taffeta02Si
07-03-2003, 06:20 AM
you can buy the header flange at teamD or south florida performance they average 450 to 600 and the pipes are fairly expensive. you should get away with 250$ for the pipes if you go 2 1/16th diameter a good front mount intercooler is 250 to 300 and then you need fuel management 200 for injectors if you shop around. 450cc to 500cc will suffice for up to 7 psi. I am using greddy Emanage with all the accessories i.e.. injector harness, pressure sensor, ignition harness, software for laptop, you will need oil fitting lines. I just used an oil filter sandwich adapter and added an oil cooler while i was at it. a good blow off valve is anywhere from 100 - 250. and then you have to decide on an external or internal wastegate, most exhasut flanges will let you use external. you will also need a downpipe, air fuel ratio gauge if you dont use a good fuel system tuner and also a boost gauge is nice. sounds hard but I have 98% of the kit done and I am no mechanic. (well not for a living anyways) But....... i do have a 132 I.Q. lol