PDA

View Full Version : Mugen Sports Suspension kit

Type X
07-03-2003, 09:53 AM
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/images/products/50000-XK5-K0S0_3.jpg

After over 2 years of extensive development Mugen has released their Sport Suspension kit for the 02-03 Civic Si and RSX. Compression and rebound shock calibrations were carefully chosen to bring out the best of the EP3/DC5 chassis. Mugen has chosen spring rates that result in a sporty yet subtle ride with outstanding handling. Mugen has also addressed any bumpsteer issues with the relocation of the steering arm. This is the suspension kit you have been waiting for!!

get them now before Mugen goes Belly UP!!!!

:p

only 1000 usd

ssvr6
07-03-2003, 10:07 AM
What's the drop and spring rate?

Steve

todaCspec
07-03-2003, 10:28 AM
I think it's a 1.5 drop all around, looks really good. $1000 is cheap considering it's Mugen and direct replacement.

Type X
07-03-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
What's the drop and spring rate?

Steve

check on kingmotorsports.com's site
they have specs

tony speed
07-03-2003, 11:08 AM
i wonder how much the moved the steering arm and in which direction. i like the full adjustability of my teins but i need to get rid of this bump steer issue.

younggotti266
07-03-2003, 11:25 AM
this might be my first mod......hmmmm...

would this be a good daily driver setup?

i don't want a bouncy ass ride

jerky
07-03-2003, 11:31 AM
non adjustable anything for 1000usd, no thanks.

stephen
07-03-2003, 01:17 PM
non adjustable.

too rich for my blood.

beansbear
07-03-2003, 09:43 PM
pardon my ignorance but what exactly is the bumpsteer issue with the TEINs? what is bump steer?

myeverlovinsir
07-03-2003, 09:48 PM
The least they could have done with their time was develop
something comparable to the Flex kit, this does not compete.:mad:

Bumpsteer:
The tendancy of the axle to shift laterally in the frame of cars set up with cross steering, such as a Vega box. Lateral movement of the axle, when combined with the stationary steering box-to-spindle linkage, called the drag link, causes the wheels to turn without steering input. This problem is corrected with the use of a Panhard rod.

Panhard bar:
A bar that connects one end of the axle to the opposing framerail (right end of the axle to the left rail). It stabilizes the front suspension laterally and helps prevent bumpsteer.

hth

RMC22
07-03-2003, 10:31 PM
+1 for myeverlovinsir.

beansbear
07-03-2003, 11:48 PM
so has any one come up with a way to correct it like you mentioned with a panhardbar?

Acidburn
07-03-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
The least they could have done with their time was develop
something comparable to the Flex kit, this does not compete.:mad:

Bumpsteer:
The tendancy of the axle to shift laterally in the frame of cars set up with cross steering, such as a Vega box. Lateral movement of the axle, when combined with the stationary steering box-to-spindle linkage, called the drag link, causes the wheels to turn without steering input. This problem is corrected with the use of a Panhard rod.

Panhard bar:
A bar that connects one end of the axle to the opposing framerail (right end of the axle to the left rail). It stabilizes the front suspension laterally and helps prevent bumpsteer.

hth

In layman's term this means what?

Type X
07-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Acidburn

In layman's term this means what?

hit a bump and the car steers itself :)

BUMP STEER. . . .:cool:

!@#$%
07-04-2003, 12:09 AM
hmmm, i might consider this. After having the progress springs on for roughly 4 months the comfort level is decreasing at a rising rate. I feel that my shocks are trying their best to hold in there, but to no avail are fighting a losing battle. The roads out here are just too much. I plan on buying a full kit when the shocks go belly-up, and do not prefer adjustability because I loathe having to make sure everything is set just right. I'd rather slap this in and im good to go. Would I need another alignment after another install?

Acidburn
07-04-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Type X

hit a bump and the car steers itself :)

BUMP STEER. . . .:cool:

Oh sh*t, for some reason I was reading bumpER steer - damn this weed is good! ;)

George Knighton
07-04-2003, 06:41 AM
ep3 = 433F / 682R
rsx = 433F / 711R

Spring rates for that Mugen kit, in USDM understandable figgers.http://members.aol.com/georgeknighton/images/icon_eek.gif

You might consider the RSX kit rears, I guess, for more rotation.

The Mugen kit and the Tein Basic are the only two suspension I've seen that are available.

I put some GC on my EP3 w/the stock shocks, just to see how it would work.

Front bottoms in hard manoeuvres, and I've basically blown the front shocks in just a few thousand miles. LOL...