PDA

View Full Version : How the new Si was born

DownTheHatch
08-21-2002, 05:42 PM
Honda of America: Well that Type-R really looks great, I don't think the Americans will like it the way it is though let's spice it up a bit.

Honda of England: Well, what do you mean?

Honda of America: Well first of all, we don't want to spend alot of money importing these, so those ugly ground effects and the spoiler have to go, then we were thinking maybe putting some smaller 15" wheels which are traditional for the Si, along with some great all-season michelins because those high-performance tires are going to be too expensive. Be sure to make the headlights chrome instead of dark tinted, the dark tint makes the headlights look too small.

Honda of England: Okay I guess we can do that...is that all?

Honda of America: Well no, we actually wanted to give it an engine with less power, so we can call it an Si, we were thinking about 160hp to keep things up to American Standards. And that god-awful 6-speed manual transmission will have to be replaced with a 5-speed, we won't know what to do with 6 speeds. Be sure to raise the suspension 1 inch so we can clear driveways.

Honda of England: Well...Alright, these will lower the cost considerably to import, but don't you think you should atleast add something not offered on the Type-R to appeal to the Si, or make it more unique?

Honda of America: How about a beautiful gold/yellow color, the tuners here just love yellow, and the other 3 should just be standard colors black,white,silver I doubt anyone will buy an Si with those when they could have the nice sporty yellow color.

Honda of America: About the front/rear bumpers, we need to add some lighted orange and red reflectors. Also, make the bumpers extend another 1 1/2 inches farther than the Type-R, we don't want the car to look too stream line.

Honda of England: Alright, I noticed you didn't mention anything about the interior, we'll leave that the same.

Honda of America: Oh no! We forgot about that, how about you give us the black seats not the red ones, but just take that Type-R embroiderment off, and it's hideous, don't put an Si logo in them, leave them blank. We'll take care of the floor mats and other accessories. Be sure to take that titanium shift knob off too, put a cheaper leather one on. And we've also had a problem with the previous Si, the owners have been easily removing the H emblem from the front, we're going to lose advertising like this, make sure the H emblem is hard to remove, and looks worse without it on.

Honda of England: Alright we'll have your Si's ready to ship in a year or 2.

Honda of Canada: We want everything like America but give us Red instead of that hideous yellow color.

SpeedRacer
08-21-2002, 05:47 PM
sounds about right

ssvr6
08-21-2002, 05:57 PM
ROFL!

Steve

SmoothOperator
08-21-2002, 06:10 PM
Actually....we've got the "hideous yellow" colour too. :D

DOTEK
08-21-2002, 06:24 PM
Have I told you lately how paranoid I think you are? :p If there were a Civic type-R, the leeway for an "Integra type-R" would be slim. It would then be a task for N.A Honda to distinguish among its models--It is not in their interest to compete with themselves!

but...hmmm, what you said is true.

HondaMan
08-21-2002, 06:29 PM
LOL, funny thing is that probably isn't far from the truth! ;)

snubnose
08-21-2002, 06:39 PM
Honda of America: Let's bring the Civic Type R to the US but we'll call it the Si and make it only 160 hp.

Honda of England: Why would you do that?

Honda of America: Because only a select few rugged individuals will buy it and they will endure severe persecution for their decision.

Honda of England: Okay, then what?

Honda of America: After the Si owners have suffered a bit we will offer them all a free trade up to the Type R.

Honda of England: Sounds good to me.

SmoothOperator
08-21-2002, 06:59 PM
Honda of America: After the Si owners have suffered a bit we will offer them all a free trade up to the Type R.

....and we'll throw in some naked dancing women too :)

xlr8
08-21-2002, 06:59 PM
the truth is stranger then fiction

2sloSi
08-21-2002, 07:09 PM
Down the hatch, that is great, did u come up with that!

DownTheHatch
08-21-2002, 08:56 PM
Thanks 2slo, yea I came up with it myself :)

MPgrunt81
08-21-2002, 09:34 PM
free type R? yeah and a few million in cash too. Don't I wish.

1fastminivan
08-21-2002, 11:08 PM
LMAO!!!!!! thats too funny.....it would sound like something they would say.hahaha:D

SarahVTEC
08-21-2002, 11:17 PM
Bravo! If I had a hat, it would be off...:D