PDA

View Full Version : Interior Lights

dupmaronew
07-04-2003, 07:05 AM
Yea I was driving down the strip by the lake the other day and saw my firned so I stoped and this Yellow EVO flew by and parked across from us. His interior lights were bright as f*ck. They definitly were not stock of course. Does anyone know what he might have done to make them this bright?? thnx in advance

Civicvtec1ps
07-04-2003, 09:47 AM
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15418

search and dont repost;)

Speck
07-07-2003, 04:09 PM
This is not QUITE what he was looking for. I believe he was asking about the interior lights as in the DOME lights.

And I would like to know where are well. Some brighter lights would be nice to have.

-=speck=-

dupmaronew
07-08-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Speck
This is not QUITE what he was looking for. I believe he was asking about the interior lights as in the DOME lights.

And I would like to know where are well. Some brighter lights would be nice to have.

-=speck=-

Thats exactly what I was talking about. Dome lights not dash.

02SilverSiHB
07-11-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by dupmaronew

Thats exactly what I was talking about. Dome lights not dash.
I thought ours were bright enough :o

staticflo
07-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15418

search and dont repost;)

yea how about u find out what hes talking about before u flame him for reposting, let the moderators do the moderating how about that.......

StrangeShadow
07-16-2003, 01:25 AM
hehe ditto

dupmaronew
07-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by staticflo

yea how about u find out what hes talking about before u flame him for reposting, let the moderators do the moderating how about that.......

yea lol

chubbychu
07-18-2003, 11:09 AM
POSSIbly LEDS! leds are very bright and if you get a 3 led dome light...it will be bright!

BarracksSi
07-18-2003, 03:30 PM
I honestly don't think that LEDs are any brighter than filament bulbs, really. Even superbrightleds.com says that LEDs are dimmer, and they're selling the things.

I'm sure you could get superwhite 194 bulbs or something like that for more light. Or if you're REALLY good and have cash pouring out of the kitchen sink, you could get some small HID bulbs (think CatEye's Stadium Light bicycle headlight) and stuff those in there.

Ocelaris
07-18-2003, 10:11 PM
These Wedge bulbs fit the stock locations, but they're not as bright as the bulbs for sure...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm

also the 3022 Festoon bulbs fit the back dome light. Get the 4 LED not the 2. Lotsa color varieties.

And if anyone wants to see if the "T1.5 Instrument LED bulb" LED replacement fits in the stock twist in location lemme know, that'd save like a million hours of labor putting LEDs in stock locations...

Since the pics from ephatch have been removed, for reference the console gauge LED is here: http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=EP_CON_LITE_SWAP

Speck man, where ya been? Are you back from Petrol Riqueno? You should come see my car now that I got coilovers on :D

StrangeShadow
07-19-2003, 06:19 AM
cool thank, I'll was dying looking fo back lights, I'll just get them from there:)

Ocelaris
07-20-2003, 08:46 PM
I just ordered some, so I'll let you know how/if those back lights work, but I'm pretty sure they work for the gauges.

StrangeShadow
07-20-2003, 10:08 PM
great! thanks. what color did you order for the guages? were you able to get the needles off to get to the orange film inside the guages?

Ocelaris
07-20-2003, 10:38 PM
well, there are 9 twist in style bulbs, and 11 LEDs. I am getting blue back lighting, and white LEDs for the signals.

Needles easy, calibrating is a little tricky. I used acetone to remove the orange film, and I messed up big on one part... I will be making a DIY by the end of the week with pics, so stay tuned and learn from my mistakes.

DO NOT USE ACETONE ON EITHER TURN SIGNALS, "CRUISE CONTROL", OR "BRIGHTS" Or you'll mess up like I did. I'll explain further in the DIY. Bill

StrangeShadow
07-21-2003, 06:24 AM
sweet, I am looking forward to it thanks for all the help.