PDA

View Full Version : need help!!! installing BC3 SKIRTS

team ERA 5
07-04-2003, 01:40 PM
alright guys i have buddyclub 3 side skirts and i was wondering if i had to extend them (is ther such a thing) by like refiberglassing (BECAUSE A FRIEND OF MINE HAD TO DO THAT TO HIS KIT FOR HIS 300zx) because when i put the bc3 skirts against my car they look like an INCH short??? does fiber glass bend because i dont wanna crack em....ALL THE HELP NEEDED....i never installed a fiberglass skirts before....or should i leave it to the professionals haha but im trin to save money hereeee...its looks like a hellla tight fit

team ERA 5
07-04-2003, 01:44 PM
ANY tips when installing them like should i start from the back or the front.....i could drill fiberglass right to hold up in the back...any tips on that imma kit nooob

toe knee
07-04-2003, 04:22 PM
The best of my knowledge i think that fiberglass does not bend... it cracks:'( . Thats why you see all those fiberglass kits on the streets all cracked from bottoming out or scrapping. Try to pm others who have the bc3 kit. I want to see some pics when you get that shit on.:cool: :)

1320_si
07-04-2003, 07:07 PM
Heres the deal if you don't know what your doing, body work to include installation of a kit IS NOT a DIY. I feel you on tryin to save money, but in the long run more run 9 times outa 10 your gonna have a body guy do it any way.
As far as the fitment where did you get the kit? I have the buddy club kit on my EP and they went right on! You may want to call the company in which you purchaced. An inch difference is pretty bad. So i recomend that you call the company then go to a body guy. hope that helps.~AJ

team ERA 5
07-05-2003, 12:06 AM
i got the kit from showstoppersusa.....yea ther pretty short in length

beansbear
07-05-2003, 12:35 AM
are you sure they're short an inch? both side skirts?? thats pretty bad! now im kinda wondering what my kit will be like when it shows up on monday from showstoppers...

i hope you are wrong about it!

team ERA 5
07-05-2003, 12:48 AM
ok guys just right now....i removed the plastic fender from the front and tried fitting them again....its actuallly possible its like a tightttt asssss fit but its possible its like a couple centimeters.........its sorta scary forcing em' but ill take it too the profressionals....the back part doesnt stay flushed against the body but double sided tape will do the trick hopefully....TIGHT ASSS FIT BUT DONT WORRY FOR UR GUYS THAT ORDERED THEM....

beansbear
07-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the good news!!!

team ERA 5
07-05-2003, 01:04 AM
damn these side skirts are soooo freaking fragile.....LAST TIME IM GOIN FIBERGLASS

team ERA 5
07-05-2003, 01:05 AM
beansbear sorry for the scare...but yea its tricky but ull get it....youll need more than one person thats all i kno you wont be able to get these on yourself....

beansbear
07-05-2003, 01:11 AM
no worries.. i wont be doing it myself...

my bodyshop will be doing it so i just wanted to be sure my friend there wasnt going to be doing toooo much extra work to get that thing on and fitted!

cease
07-05-2003, 01:13 AM
wow thats weired....ive had a buddy club kit on my old 98 civic and didnt have any problems with fitment....