PDA

View Full Version : New Black 02 Si

Brew Bros
08-21-2002, 05:57 PM
Well, I have just purchased my first Honda!! I am in love! The first thing I am going to do is paint my headlights, but I guess my question to you vets out there is where do I go from there??? I don't want to get out of hand, But I would like to enhance the looks and tweak the performance. Thanks for your time!

Late

ssvr6
08-21-2002, 06:01 PM
CAI would be my recommendation. Relatively cheap and easy to do on your own. Then you can paint/tint your side markers, remove your decals and debadge if you want.

I'm going to be doing header and exhaust next followed by suspension.

Steve

02blksi
08-21-2002, 06:38 PM
nice choice on color. ! Keep it clean, you will have your work cut out for you ( i have the same color and its a bitch to keep clean!) --good luck joe :)

2sloSi
08-21-2002, 07:35 PM
Welcome, I'm glad you love your Si!

I can't wait to get mine!:)

SubliminalSi
08-21-2002, 08:06 PM
I also agree with the CAI, and for looks get some rims and lower it a little. thats what i did and when its lower its a lot nicer looking;)

02SilverSiHB
08-21-2002, 08:20 PM
what's up my brew brotha! :D
okay, here's what I do if you got the money:

1st: Suspension:
Rear Sway/Tie bar combo, Comptech makes a good one
H&R Sport springs (then a year later look into performance shocks like Koni)
New rims, maybe some 17's or 16's with 205 tires

2nd: Body:
CTR knock off kit, or maybe even a Tsunami kit, if and when they come out with one for our cars: www.tsunami1.com
Paint the headlights...which we'll do this weekend
Paint the side turn signals
Maybe even paint the front H black..it's too big to be seen IMO

3rd: Engine:
Injen CAI
Custon 2.25 Midpipe
HP or Comptech Header

That's about it, until you decide if you want more...i.e. supercharger or turbo

So are we getting slammed while we paint your headlights :D
Oh, check out this chick...she's the hottest one with the Ep so far :) http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1596

02SilverSiHB
08-21-2002, 08:32 PM
oh mike, download these race vids. they're awsome:
Part 1:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr?i=wNjgyMDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

Part 2:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr?i=wNjgyMTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

MPgrunt81
08-21-2002, 08:46 PM
Congrats. I just bought mine (2nd honda) and I love it more everyday. I would reccomend AEM cold air intake. Either an exhaust or at least a mid pipe. Headers when they come out. Maybe some pulleys and a high flow cat, again whenever this stuff comes out. This is the basic power mods that are done. there are a million things with the engine, suspension and looks you can do. Have a good time and enjoy.

HondaMan
08-21-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
nice choice on color. ! Keep it clean, you will have your work cut out for you ( i have the same color and its a bitch to keep clean!) --good luck joe :)

Tell me about it, but it does look sweet when clean! :D

BTW, welcome...excellent choice!!! Also, just see my sig below for what I would do and see my pics to see what all these mods would look like on your ride. ;)

Brew Bros
08-22-2002, 08:02 AM
Thanks everyone, it looks like I have a lot to look foward to. One more quick ?. Anyone have some steps to tint/paint the side lights and removing the decals??:confused:

HondaMan
08-22-2002, 08:14 AM
Do a quick search (search feature) and you'll find a lot on those topics. :)

02SilverSiHB
08-22-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Brew Bros
Thanks everyone, it looks like I have a lot to look foward to. One more quick ?. Anyone have some steps to tint/paint the side lights and removing the decals??:confused:
I can show you how to remove those mike.

Brew Bros
08-22-2002, 12:56 PM
Thanks, I did a search for the side lights and was unable to find anything on the Tint/Painting those.:mad: :(

02SilverSiHB
08-22-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Brew Bros
if you have found this yet, here's something: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1477 I don't like how they look at night though