PDA

View Full Version : Dear Honda Marketing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spydur
07-04-2003, 03:07 PM
AN OPEN LETTER TO HONDA AUTOMOTIVE MARKETING USA:

Why have you let the competitors pass you by in performance levels, HONDA CIVIC Si's use to be the standard?

Why does Canada get Milano Red and we do not? Isn't the Si a sports sedan (i.e. a sports car)?

Whys does the UK only get Satin Silver, Nighthawk Black and Milano Red?

Why do SiR's and Si's have a raised ride height (ugly wheel well clearances)?

Why aren't 16" or 17" wheels not standard? The first modification most Si buyers make is lower springs and larger wheels.

Why do you not lead the other manufactures and install a superior breathing intake (we all know you have the engineering knowhow)?

Since all of the cars come from the same factory in England, why can't you interchange equipment so your cars will be more desirable to the market?

We are dedicated HONDA CUSTOMERS, please listen to us! How about giving us a HONDA CUSTOMERS COMMENTS WEBSITE (all you have to do is listen to what the customer wants)!

IN MOST BUSINESSES, POSITIVE PROMPT RESPONSE TO THE CUSTOMERS DESIRES PRODUCES POSITIVE RESULTS TO THE BOTTOM LINE! JAPANESE AUTO MANUFACTURES SHOWED THE WORLD HOW TO DO 'JUST IN TIME INVENTORY', MAYBE HONDA SHOULD LOOK AT THEIR PRODUCT AMENITIES AND MARKETING IN A SIMILIAR FASHION (if you make a mistake, fix it - don't wait 4 years for a product cycle to complete itself)!

I'm a former banker who's looking for a job. Give me a chance at HONDA, I'll find a way to sell the Civic Si!

I WROTE THIS HOPING THAT SOMEONE WITH HONDA MARKETING WOULD SEE IT. I KNOW THAT OTHER PRODUCT MANUFACTURES FOLLOW THE WEBSITES OF THEIR CUSTOMERS.

IceD out N CALI
07-04-2003, 04:13 PM
good luck!

r3p00c
07-04-2003, 08:10 PM
why do we park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway? somethings we'll never know (like what the sob's of honda america have goin thru their heads) :D

kinonai
07-05-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by spydur
Whys does the UK only get Satin Silver, Nighthawk Black and Milano Red?
[/I]

THE UK CTR is available in those 3 colors only but the other civic range has:

Magnetic Blue metallic
Vivid Blue pearl
Nighthawl black pearl
Eternal Pearl blue
Aqua green metallic
Clover green pearl
Taffeta white
Satin silver
Volcano red pearl
Milano red

EKthenEPnow
07-05-2003, 06:19 AM
Why does the U.S. get Side airbags and Canada not?

W

VBSI
07-05-2003, 07:59 AM
Why do we say we are "taking" a piss, when we are actually leaving one?

***content disclaimer***

This is a humorous response, not a slam or flame. I feel it is necessary to explain this since everyone is so damn serious around here recently.

02TafWhtSi
07-05-2003, 11:11 AM
I hope they answer you spy.
Here's their response to aletter I wrote them about a year ago:

Hi Eric. My name is Peter Rech and I am Assistant Manager, responsible for Honda Product Planning in the US. The letter you wrote to Tom Elliott was read by Tom , and Tom asked me to respond to you while he is away on business. Normally, our Customer Relations Dept handles responses like these (like other auto manufacturers) but I thought I would break tradition
and respond directly to you. First, thanks for the comments on the new 3 door Si and the time you took to send such a nice letter. We also read Marks article about the type R coming to the US. I cannot say whether we will have a "R" type here in the Honda line or not, but can tell you the things you probably do know. They incude that this segment (that we literally created) is now crowded with other manufacturers trying to get a small share, performance and value for $ is key. I have been involved
with the plans here for over 10 years and put the plans in place for our reintroduction of the Si in in the Coupe body in '99. Concering the current Si, we have reams of data on customers dislikes, likes etc etc and have sufficient data from customers that shopped the Si but chose not to buy it and bought another model instead. We are up to date on all the customers web sites from temple of vtec to club Si. Concerning the R, I mentioned that price is somewhat critical. The R type would definitely carry a higher cost, signficant higher MSRP that may put in out of range
for some buyers in any kind of quantity. So--while I can't tell you our plans (because they are confidential), I can tell you that we do believe that the segment has room for more performance/$ in the near future, and it is certainly not out of the question from us. Once again, thanks for the letter and your strong support for this model.......

02TafWhtSi
07-05-2003, 11:13 AM
Here is my original letter:

Dear Mr. Elliott,

My name is Eric Teeter and am a loyal Honda customer and enthusiast. I recently purchased a 2002 Taffeta White Civic Si
(VIN# SHHEP3...) and have nothing but positive things to say about this automobile. Despite the fact that I am only twenty-one years of age and have owned no more than three cars in my lifetime I can easily say this is by far the nicest and most solidly designed and engineered car I have ever driven, next to my father

IceD out N CALI
07-05-2003, 11:21 AM
nice letter eric. comming almost directly from tom elliot. nice to know they look at some of these forums to get the "pulse" on the import car customizing community. maybe on the 8th gen si they'll give it a base HP of 200 or so:)

spydur
07-05-2003, 12:54 PM
Excellant letter ERIC and an interesting, but non commital reply from HONDA. Lets hope we see some positive response in the 2004 Civic SI from HONDA!